• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ryan Fraser

benjamin86

Established Member
Leicester have an option to buy Tielmans.

I understand we’re not able to sign players that City or Utd are chasing BUT we’re not looking at those players anyway, Utd are looking at Koulibaly and De Ligt levels, City are looking at Rodri, Maguire, we’re not competing for those players.

I’m not even that against Fraser, but you have to accept that he’s a limited better and we can get better players.

Leicester and Everton can spend 40-50M on Tielmans, Richarlson etc and here you are telling us we should accept a player because he’s 20M and we can’t do more.
No option to buy by the way.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/...latest-youri-tielemans-move-leicester-2489590

em9999

My rainbows
its obvious arsenal fans with over 10 hours experience of football manager armed with watching 6 min YouTube vids know better

the guy can't dribble ffs

He doesn't have to dribble. He just have to whip it into the penalty area where Auba and Laca will be waiting! We have elite strikers. We need elite whipper!

Teams will think, 'Arsenal will buy dribblers' but we will outsmart them and even trick them. How surprised will these teams be when we start someone who can't dribble but can whip the ball and take good set pieces instead?

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Listen, if you like Fraser then fair enough, Just say you like him and want him, and move on.

Don’t come here and take some high ground, calling people snobs, telling Arsenal fans to be realistic when there is more money in Arsenal than most clubs in Europe.

Don’t tell me I don’t like Fraser because he’s short, not Brazilian, not being chased by Real, cut the crap ffs.

I think a lot of the snobby reactions come as a response to people dismissing him without showing a hint of having watched him at all.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Leicester have an option to buy Tielmans.

I understand we’re not able to sign players that City or Utd are chasing BUT we’re not looking at those players anyway, Utd are looking at Koulibaly and De Ligt levels, City are looking at Rodri, Maguire, we’re not competing for those players.

I’m not even that against Fraser, but you have to accept that he’s a limited better and we can get better players.

Leicester and Everton can spend 40-50M on Tielmans, Richarlson etc and here you are telling us we should accept a player because he’s 20M and we can’t do more.

We don't have millions but. We can't afford 40-50 million pound buys. Have you been watching us in the market?

Have you been watching how we sell and give players away for free while Watford and Everton get big money for players?

Can Arsenal even with Champions League footvall go and spent 50m on a centre half, 30m on a left back, 50m on a winger and 50 million on a midfielder?

Course we can't we will have about 100m for 4 signings. So on average the players have to be about the 25m mark which is said players like Fraser, Sarr, Tierney etc.

The fact is that Arsenal football club can't sign anyone who is solid without risk from the premier league. Chillwell is playing for Leciester and is out of the question. Maddison is also out of the question. Maguire out of the question. Your pal Neves out of the question. Lucas Digne at Everton who I think is quite a good left back. Out of the question.

All of those players are out of our reach. So before you rant about Aston Villa we can't even sign the top players from teams below us. That's how far down in terms of finances we are.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Isn't Silva more of a playmaker/10 on the wings for City?

I don't mind having one inside winger if the other is somewhat more traditional. I honestly don't know who to target for LW. If only we'd be able to get Sané. Who would you target Red?
Yeh the thing is though City have a lot of proper wide players with pace or ability to easily pass a man. Mahrez, Sterling, Sane and even B Silva (hes not a proper wide man but he's got to be the top 5 dribblers in the league imo).The only person we have who can take players on like that is Iwobi and he's obviously not good enough to start for us.

Fraser actually fits the mould of a man who provides width and stretches a back line, but hes not that great technically is he, he just gets the job done. If we had a lot of money to spend I'd sign Zaha or Pepe (Pepe plays RM in a 4231 for Lille, which is emerys formation. He can also play right wing in the 3 at the back we play). With a somewhat limited budget I'd sign someone like Guedes or Carrasco; talented wingers who are very fast and can take on a man as well as knowing where the goal is (carrasco has expressed his desire to come to england, and has kind of been flirting with us tbh). They'd cost between 35-45m I reckon.
If we really have the dire budget we're rumoured to have then Fraser is probably the most astute signing we can make in the situation :/

We can only really sign one winger who actually starts considering we have both Auba and Laca. Id like that winger to add balance and width to the side

Last edited:

Glad to see how many are starting to accept that signing players like Fraser is the norm and we are Everton Southampton level now! Well it was good while it lasted! Hope we can put pressure on EL place next season!

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Glad to see how many are starting to accept that signing players like Fraser is the norm and we are Everton Southampton level now! Well it was good while it lasted! Hope we can put pressure on EL place next season!

It is the norm but that's the thing. Look where we are signing players from. Valencia, Mochengladbach, Lyon, Sampodoria etc. These are teams who would be battling Wolves or Everton for 7-8th in the league.

We don't sign the best players and never will because we lack 2 things. A challenging club who goes all out for titles and huge investment from an owner. This self sustainable model will never win us a title or a champions league.

UpTheGunnerz

I think Fraser could well excel with a better team than Bournemouth. A sly, shrewd signing. I've watched quite a lot of the cherries the past years and he is far from a cross-in-box merchant. Has more elements to his game and quite the good passer.

I think Liverpool were wise when they started signing players from 'lesser' teams in the PL. Wijnaldum has grown to be a top 10 player in the league, easily. Not saying Fraser is gonna get close to that, but my opinion from what i've seen is that he could easily have a higher level at a better team.

UpTheGunnerz

It is the norm but that's the thing. Look where we are signing players from. Valencia, Mochengladbach, Lyon, Sampodoria etc. These are teams who would be battling Wolves or Everton for 7-8th in the league.

We don't sign the best players and never will because we lack 2 things. A challenging club who goes all out for titles and huge investment from an owner. This self sustainable model will never win us a title or a champions league.

I don't think any other team will win a title as long as Pep and Klopp is at the realms.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Ironic given Liverpool have built their success on buying players from Southampton, Sunderland, Hull, Roma etc. Hardly the world's elite. 14Henry is looking at this in the most simplistic terms. Where you sign players is not what you judge them on. It's their actual ability, ffs.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Whatsmore, we haven't signed him yet. Why not wait til we do before we get our knickers in a knot.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I don't think any other team will win a title as long as Pep and Klopp is at the realms.

Even if they aren't there whoever comes in will be inheriting great teams and will
Ironic given Liverpool have built their success on buying players from Southampton, Sunderland, Hull, Roma etc. Hardly the world's elite. 14Henry is looking at this in the most simplistic terms. Where you sign players is not what you judge them on. It's their actual ability, ffs.

I'm basing my view and opinions on what I see. We cannot shop in the 50-60m bracket per player. So we have to look at the best players available to play now, not in 3 or 4 years around the 20-30m mark.

To date Liverpool have won nothing so this success you talk about is a myth. Getting to a final and coming close in the league is relative success but that counts for nothing until you win silverware.

Also to argue your point regarding Liverpool they build a top 4 side by signing those players from modest clubs. Allison was one if the world's best keeping Ederson out of the national team. Roma also made the semi finals of the champions league so they weren't a dud team.

Van Dijk was arguably one of the top defenders in the league at Southampton and was clearly a class above that team. Hence why he cost so much.

Those 2 mega signings pushed them on. Just like if we were to sign 2 or 3 proper top top players we could comfortably get top 4. But we don't sign them. We sign "potential".

Liverpool have also had quite abit of luck that their young players have come in this season and took to the premier league like seasoned pros. Gomez and TAA look like they've been playing premier league for years. Sadly the same can't be said for AMN.

Liverpool also made the deal of the century selling countiho for what they did. While we give players away and sell them for half what other clubs would sell them. Our transfer dealings are amateur.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

What the actual f are these kinds of comments. Arsenal had 70 points in the league this season. Everton 54 and Southampton 39. Arsenal was one win away from Champions League spot and Everton isn't even on UEL next season I think.

Makes absolutely no sense. Arsenal is "Everton Southampton level" now because of some rumour about Bournemouth's (45 points) best player? A rumour does not make our points or team equal to worse teams. Heh, wow this place!

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
What Fraser has to do to become a good player.
  • Start practicing some skills
  • Learn how to dribble past one player
  • Play with a football brain and flair, not based his game on hard work.
  • Focus on positioning, movement, and read the game, instead of running around trying to do a bit of everything and leave gaps in our overall team shape
  • Learn to play one two, one touch pass, through pass
  • Learn to play beautiful football, forget about the ugly direct boring **** style

Coaching badge right here.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Would be a risk but we should rather sign Ziyech who is available for 25 million. and Özil is his idol and he loves Arsenal.

On topic regarding Fraser think it was a one season wonder if we might be in for him hope he proves me wrong.

Arsenal Quotes

The biggest things in life have been achieved by people who, at the start, we would have judged crazy. And yet if they had not had these crazy ideas the world would have been more stupid.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom