• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ryan Fraser

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
How many people want him because they rate him as a very good footballer who will offer something in the first team regularly?

To me it seems a lot of the Fraser love is based around him being free and filling up the squad.

Someone like @say yes rates him as a potential integral player, and I can get behind that. When people start saying “he’s free” “good squaddy”, I’m not sure then.

I actually want him because he has attributes that I think we lack. Relentless running, pressing and directness. I'd probably rather say a Douglas Costa, Coman, Mane or even Di Maria but none of those are available.

LG10

Fraser is a good signing for a position we need depth in rather than starting 11 quality. He’ll push Nelson and Saka who’ll hopefully kick on. We’re clearly prioritizing big money moves for a cb and cm which is essential.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Fraser is a good signing for a position we need depth in rather than starting 11 quality. He’ll push Nelson and Saka who’ll hopefully kick on. We’re clearly prioritizing big money moves for a cb and cm which is essential.
I would hope this to be the case.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Banter when he joins a rival team for 10k a week more.

From Mkhi and Iwobi to Pepe, Fraser, Saka and Nelson. I like the move away from technical playmakers to pacier and more direct options.

How do people work out we need depth over quality?

No idea how nobody see that our starting XI lack quality all over the field and that we are 10th place.

Also, I see people bring up Milner and Shaqiri at Liverpool. Milner was proven at the top club before they got him and Shaqiri hasn't contributed a single thing to Liverpool success on the field.

We should stay away from Fraser. This is a trap, taking up a squad place for next 4 years that can be utilized so much better.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I wouldn't count Saka as leaving just yet, the other 2 I'm pretty sure might leave though. If Saka does head though I think it will show how dumb our board are for not doing anything earlier. Hopefully something may be happening behind the scenes we don't know about.

Impact

Established Member
How do people work out we need depth over quality?

Minus Aubameyang we have Pepe, Saka, Nelson and possibly Özil for two wing spots.

Martinelli and Maitland-Niles can play there too. We also have Smith-Rowe coming back who can play wide if necessary.

Fraser is a mid-table player. Our rivals are currently better than us and are making serious moves to improve e.g. Chelsea have already signed Ziyech. Fraser won't make us better, takes playing time from our best prospects in a position where we have numbers but not dependable quality and will add another high wage to our escalating wage bill.

There are only four types of first-team signings we should be making:
  1. Bonafide quality players at the top of their game e.g. Aubameyang
  2. Astute undervalued high potential twenty-somethings e.g. Tierney
  3. Elite level prospects e.g. Martinelli
  4. Heavily experienced yet still talented stop gaps / squaddies (and these should only be when options 1-3 are unavailable and there is no one to promote in the Academy) e.g. David Luiz
Fraser is none of these. This signing is simply unjustifiable.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Why are people so sure Saka is off? Surely not. There's no way I'll forgive that.
As I pointed out before it will show how dumb our board are if it ends up happening. Saka showed his brilliance much earlier on, all year we/they would have known he was off contract come end of next year & contracts are allowed to be re-newed all year long, I still don't understand why we didn't bother about it earlier on to save all this drama.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
As I pointed out before it will show how dumb our board are if it ends up happening. Saka showed his brilliance much earlier on, all year we/they would have known he was off contract come end of next year & contracts are allowed to be re-newed all year long, I still don't understand why we didn't bother about it earlier on to save all this drama.

Or in fact they offered him a new deal and he turned it down. Which I think is more likely to have happened. For the board it isnt hard to call someone earning 3k a week and say sign for 3-4 years and heres 30k a week. That would be easy. However I would say Saka and his agent are again holding all the cards and thinking numerous things that I posted about before like wages/playing position/club ambition/etc.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If Saka leaves us after what 20 games, then **** him to be honest, pardon my French.

He's a good young player, but you can't really hold the club to ransom after the little he has done...I doubt Arteta wants to use him as a leftback full time, he's just there until Kieran is fit again really...even if we bring Ryan Fraser in, it's Ryan ****ing Fraser, if Saka doesn't back himself to compete with him at left wing then what kind of mentality is that!

I hope he signs, as I want him to stay...but this is why football is so stupid now, you have like one good game and think you have made it and start making all kinds of demands...of course as I said this might not all be true and he could be signing any day now, but I don't see how this one can be the club's fault.

Last edited:

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Or in fact they offered him a new deal and he turned it down. Which I think is more likely to have happened. For the board it isnt hard to call someone earning 3k a week and say sign for 3-4 years and heres 30k a week. That would be easy. However I would say Saka and his agent are again holding all the cards and thinking numerous things that I posted about before like wages/playing position/club ambition/etc.
You could easily be true & I'm not denying that, if that were the case I wouldn't be surprised if it was because of his preferable position or our clubs future, probably not the wages. I'm still backing Arteta to be able to convince him eventually.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Why wouldnt he be off? We are signing mid table loser to play his position instead of giving him chanve there. Saka deserve better.

That's it. People seem to think Arsenal are the Arsenal of 20 years ago.

What do Arsenal offer Saka that 10-15 other teams cant. Absolutely nothing. He likes London? Big deal I love Madrid but I dont live there because my opportunities elsewhere are better. Paris is brilliant but it doesnt interest me. It's all about where he sees himself in 4-5 years and if he can arrive there quicker and in better conditional with another club then with Arsenal.

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom