• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Saha steps from Henry's shadow

Mark

Established Member
exactly. i doubt van nistelrooy and saha will both play together at the same time. they're both the same kind of striker, it wouldn't work.

JazzG

Established Member
I think he will do allright. He is a decent player, we will find out if he can cut it at the top now. Man utd are the type of team who need 2 out and out strikers to function properly.

patrick42uk

Established Member
saha was signed for being ball greedy. not only can he play alongside ruud, with his pace allowing him to be creative, he can also play alone up front allowing ruud to be rested. i remember g.nevile saying that. As a football fan, i'm pleased a talent like saha is playing at a level he probably deserves. as an arsenal fan, i hope he breaks his leg :D

Andrew

Saha could come in handy if Van Nistelrooy's injured... But I doubt that a partnership between the two will work. I think it will just turn out to be something similar to Forlan working with Van Nistelrooy.

goonerlove

I hope he goes into a long drought during his first 5-10 games with ManUre...

I would love to see him start to squirm and get pouty now that he isn't the only star on a team...

Goonerlove

Lord Dula

Established Member
Yeah they were pants last season.

To be honest I think it wont work between Ruud and Saha it'll be like Ruud and Kluivert for Holland.

Lets face it for a decent partnership you need a forward who can score and assist a la Henry.

JazzG

Established Member
champs said:
but they werent when they played together at man utd

They were good in your treble season and in the season after that. In the 2000/2001 season they were kinda poor so from then Fergie decided to get rid of them.

Also those 2 were proven premiership strikers when they joined man utd, Saha isn't proven at all.

Wheelori

JazzG said:
champs said:
but they werent when they played together at man utd

Also those 2 were proven premiership strikers when they joined man utd, Saha isn't proven at all.

it's uniteds first move for an unproven player in quite a while, even ronaldo came with an international repuatation at such a young age, but saha doesn't really have that.

JGooner

i'm worried about this. if manure weren't going to win the title this season, it would have been because of a lack of options up front. Signing Saha - who is a fine player - should solve this. Obviously any comparison with Henry is a joke, but Saha will make a big difference to their squad. He is not identical to RvN at all. He can play deeper, he is faster, and he is left-footed. He has scored more prem goals this season than anyone but shearer, RvN and Henry. Even he only makes 10 appearances this season and scored 4 goals, the league is so tight that that could make the difference between first and second.

Reassure me, someone.

Wheelori

nah defo not me old fruit, saha will be bollocks, ruud will continue to heat, and the mancs will continue to thieve, it's a downward spiral of society in manchester, signing saha was the worst possible move.

JazzG

Established Member
Wasn't Forlan tipped to be great as well ;)

Their problem isn't scoring goals, only if RvN got injured they were screwed. Also take a look here http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player?id=8892&cc=5739 We can see here which teams he has scored against. The only big teams there are Liverpool and Newcastle, I should also remind you that those teams teams had Biscan and Bramble playing for them :lol:

I don't really rate Saha tbh, he might cut it against the lesser sides but not too sure if he can do it against better ones. Against us he was rubbish.

Mark

Established Member
i don't think he'll cope to well in the champions league either, as far as i know he has no experience playing in europe, but he is young and can get better. slightly overrated, but could still prove to be a good buy. we'll see.

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom