• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sambi Lokonga: Sam Be the Man in Midfield?

ragnarock

Those (like myself) that are excited by the ‘hidden gem pursuit’ have no right to be upset with ether Sambi or the club for him not breaking through (yet).
For every Martinelli there are 10 Eisfelds and Bichoffs and Sanogos (Yeah yeah I realize the differences in fees and first team experience but that’s not the point).

How his development has been handled once at the club is a different matter.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Come on man.You have eyes. I understand your point but he struggles with basic tactical principles. He is already with the team for quite some time now as well. So we should at least expect him to know which player to cover and to sense the danger when we are defending, not just strolling around the park
Tbh I didn't watch the City match so I can't really discuss his performance but I just can't hold it against him since he barely plays and away to Man City is probably the hardest game in the country and we've lost there numerous times with our full strength midfield and better players than Sambi.

BigPoppaPump

The only player I could imagine taking an animated bollocking from is Xhaka really, the rest of the squad are school children who would get drapsed in public.
If it was Pepe getting mad at you:

5db59b439e81472ba00b8aa1daa41dcc_w200.gif

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

If it was Pepe getting mad at you:

5db59b439e81472ba00b8aa1daa41dcc_w200.gif

I wish, might have saved his Arsenal career but I can’t even imagine him mad.

He went out wimpy as well, just get those kind of man out the club really.

BigPoppaPump

I wish, might have saved his Arsenal career but I can’t even imagine him mad.

He went out wimpy as well, just get those kind of man out the club really.
He ain't got that Hale End top g mentality, I couldn't imagine Joe Willock having that tbh. These boys from French speaking countries are a bit soft.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

He ain't got that Hale End top g mentality, I couldn't imagine Joe Willock having that tbh. These boys from French speaking countries are a bit soft.

Coquelin and Guendouzi were not soft. Theory in tatters.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Why are people defending this fraud? Because he can touch a ball with his feet?

I am convinced it is because we lost Guendouzi in place of him, and no one wants to admit it's a massive black mark and dumb decision from the part of Edu/Arteta. Cause Lokonga as someone has mentioned is basically Guendouzi with all his downsides and none of his upsides. Personally I think Guendouzi is vastly overrated and never would have amounted to anything more than a squad option, but even so Lokonga can only dream of being as talented as Guendouzi.

Melquiades

Why are people defending this fraud? Because he can touch a ball with his feet?

I think some people just universally apply ‘he’s young/will improve/just needs a chance!’ to any struggling U-23 player. And it’s nice and it’s positive and sometimes it’s correct.

But sometimes you’re just dealing with a bad player who happens to be young.

I’d rather see FA Cup winner Matt Smith get minutes than this guy going forward. At least Smith would probably run and stand in the right places defensively.

Rouski

Dont know if its a good call that he leaves on a loan, elneny may not come back this season, dont know how badly partey is injured and xhaha has played a lot this season. Still short in the middle.

Sparrahork

Dont know if its a good call that he leaves on a loan, elneny may not come back this season, dont know how badly partey is injured and xhaha has played a lot this season. Still short in the middle.
I think we will be fine depth wise, out of two cups and versatile players give us a number of options at 6 and 8.

It has got toxic for sambi at arsenal, he was a punt and unfortunately lack of first team football has impacted his progress.

I am excited for his chances at palace, hoping he takes it, regains some confidence and improves with regular football again.

I get we appear light but he had to go on loan for everyone's benefit. Will be watching to see how he is getting on

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Is he actually going to play do we think? Don’t know/care about any other club so don’t have a clue.
Hope this isn’t a waste of time when we’re kinda short.
Hope he does well anyway!

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Should be able to break into their midfield fairly easily, time to see what he can do.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
That's him gone for good now. He'd have to show Ballon d'Or Level performances for the club to reconsider at this point.

Jasinho

Wondering if it was wise to loan him out, with Elneny out for the season we've now only got 3 (Xhaka, Partey, Jorginho) players to play the 2 positions of 6 and 8

Sparrahork

Wondering if it was wise to loan him out, with Elneny out for the season we've now only got 3 (Xhaka, Partey, Jorginho) players to play the 2 positions of 6 and 8
Arteta likes a small group to pick from. They are the three obvious options but esr, Vieira and trossard will be considered number 8 options. Kiwi the obvious number 6 as played their regularly, other defenders can play that position too.

Very wise to loan him out, he needs to recover his mojo

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom