• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Samuel Kuffour

Mark

Established Member
Would be a really good signing. Hopefully we can make it in January. If he is out of contract in the summer then surely Bayern will sell him for whatever they can so maybe we can get him for a decent price. Let's hope this develops. We need some experience back there.

hesham

Established Member
Defenitly a good buy.. PLENTY of CL experince would be a graet buy espesialy in Jan.. hes a proper hard core defender who has a lot of passion (remember CL final)

efurze

Oh god yes please. Then we can finally get Cygan the **** out of here. Kolo would be available to cover or start at RB or DCM, Lauren could move up to RM when needed.

Please Wenger make it happen. We desperately need more experience at CB.

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
He's only 28? I thought he was well into his thirties!

I can definelty see this happening. He wants to come to Arsenal. He's strong, tough tackling, has excellent positional sense, and most importantly is experienced at the highest level. Him and Sol/Kolo would form a fecking class partnership.

efurze

dynasty said:
he can play rb as well ryt??
i dont see this because of the fact he is euro tied

Who gives a damn if he's cup-tied!? So he misses, what, 6 games at the most? Big deal! Don't be so short-sighted. It's not as if Arsenal have a realistic chance of winning the CL anyway.

Sammer

Established Member
I am not so sure, if he is the solution to our CB absence-problem. He is brilliant at times, but very limited in terms of initiating counter attacks. Great tough defender, but in my view, with lack of attacking qualities.

We will see...I am not sure, if he´d be willing to act as a bench-warmer (I am not sure if Wenger would move Kolo to RB).

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
I am not so sure, if he is the solution to our CB absence-problem. He is brilliant at times, but very limited in terms of initiating counter attacks. Great tough defender, but in my view, with lack of attacking qualities.

I don't see this as a major issue. Our defenders rarely iniate counter attacks anyway, it's usually Vieira who does this. We need solidarity, and we need someone to push Kolo to fight for his first team place. Kuffour can give us that, if not fully dislodge Kolo from his place. Who would you rather have as back-up, Kuffour or Cygan?

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
my one big knock on Kuffour is that he tends to get carded quite often.. we have majorly cut down on that at Arsenal, and he could bring that right up again...

but he is a good defender... and Sammer, i disagree with needing him to initiate counter-attacks... maybe that is one of our biggest problems is that the defenders are overly concerned with initiating counter attacks and forget to win the ball first... we need someone who will clear the ball and let OTHERS do that counter-attack job... we have plenty of others who can do that quite nicely....

Jinn

Established Member
Experienced, keen to join us, good enough.

Why not? Especially if we don't have to pay for him.

Spike

Established Member
Yep, I really want him here. Especially if he 'wants' to come. :p

Come on Wenger!

dsurg

Good defender, great age and plenty of experience just the type of player we need.

But I would really love to have an argentine no nonsense defender ( no idea who? ) but someone of the Ayala or Zanetti mould. Argie's are tough tacklers and usually read the game very well....a player of that ilk would soothe us down to the bones.

Reason being that Kuffour, Sol and Kolo are very similar players, very strong in the tackle but maybe not the best in reading the play....the argie's are very technically astute...

Sammer

Established Member
USArsenal said:
my one big knock on Kuffour is that he tends to get carded quite often.. we have majorly cut down on that at Arsenal, and he could bring that right up again...

but he is a good defender... and Sammer, i disagree with needing him to initiate counter-attacks... maybe that is one of our biggest problems is that the defenders are overly concerned with initiating counter attacks and forget to win the ball first... we need someone who will clear the ball and let OTHERS do that counter-attack job... we have plenty of others who can do that quite nicely....

As a back-up he would be great, no doubt. With initiating counter attacks I am talking about the first pass of a CB, once he tackles/wins the ball away from opponents. I have seen him do some very suspect passes this season at Bayern.

Kouffour is great at tackling, great at heading too (that would solve some issues in set-pieces hopefully :evil: ), but I cannot see him taking on a bench-warming role.

AfC_li4nGht

Great buy... Pls we need someone like him...

At least we haf a decent back-up or even replace the first-team...

Is he cup-tied anyway? :angel

gakc1

Way too short to play as a centre back in a flat back four. We have enough problems defending set pieces as it is (as shown against Southampton and Tottenham), buying a centre back who is 5ft 9 would exacerbate this problem not solve it. So forget about it.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
He's the sort of experienced head we need right now. He's played and won at the highest level with Bayern, and would undoubtedly help tighten our defence.

Arsenal Quotes

Robert Pirès was a fabulous player, world-class, and for a few years, before his injury, he was unquestionably the best left-midfielder in the world by far. He had incredible technique, he was smart, a finisher. He was a killer with a smile, the gentlest man in the world who suddenly drive the ball exactly where it was needed.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom