• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sead Kolašinac

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
We're not selling our best LB

Wouldn't put it past us, mate. I'd like to think Wenger is putting Gibbs on for potencial shoppers, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was the one who, somehow, actually stayed.

Aevi

Hale End FC
They know for a long time so I think if we are qualified or not for the Champions League they have targets in their head and they will do everything to have the best players for us, a player who can help the team to be better and who can change the team to have some more positive results for this club.

Would Kolasinac do that? I hope!

Not sure if this is for real...

logic DC

hope this guy is the real deal, fullbacks/wingbacks or whatever they are called nowadays have become vital offensively and defensively. have this position sorted and you are on your way.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Wouldn't put it past us, mate. I'd like to think Wenger is putting Gibbs on for potencial shoppers, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was the one who, somehow, actually stayed.
its weird to think of gibbs leaving, but imo the club need to just do the right thing. Monreal is so important to the squad, especially in a 3ATB, filling in as a CB or LWB

Marsal

Bosnian Gooner
This guy was so popular that in Bosnia he pretty much became a meme

anim_70a01b03-fc48-d464-2952-6bf7127b26a7.gif

b039c823997fc9d81240fa8127d8c6ac.jpg

d8cee3ef2d488bfb79d1fc0445a12ce8.jpg

9a0eaca2bb97631cbcad9a81efd25a5d.jpg
a0b9cce1c6ad879745f7f4344591e9a1.jpg
1f7985789526c5234114e85246211e03.jpg
3e2bd93fe90953a3639201b0a5360baa.jpg
6093ab1507f354e2d14b60e217dcca1e.jpg

And his nickname besides "Seo" or "Momčiluk" is "Tank" or "Rušilac". roughly translated Rušilac means destroyer. :)

MoranAFC

Excellent signing.

One of the best left backs in the Bundesliga. Arguably the league that's the most stacked in that position.

Monreal has improved in recent seasons, but ultimately still not good enough.

Few more signings like this and we can be optimistic about next season.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Still pretty happy that we've got this guy shored up and on a free. Not because I care about how much money we spend - but because I know Wenger does. The LB position was the one we most needed a new face in and we've got our man early.

Hopefully this will give him impetus to go on and spend more than normal on the attack, wings and midfield. Probably not though, given that we are talking about a man so complacent that he didn't sign an outfield player the summer before our most realistic chance of a title in a decade; who signed Kim Kallstrom; who left us disgracefully exposed in many early season games leading to humiliations at home to the likes of West Ham and Liverpool and the fiasco at United; who still hasn't replaced JVP; who still hasn't replaced Vieira.

I could go on but I'll spare everyone the reminders. The point is.. nothing will change. Probably.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I could go on but I'll spare everyone the reminders. The point is.. nothing will change. Probably.

The thing with Arsenal is that we do so bad every season, we think and expect a busy window. The problem with the transfer window is that it is a very long stretch of time, this massively works in the board's favour.

The season ends in turmoil or clear need for change, but media and fan pressure fizzles out weeks after it ends. Wenger dishes out the old "busines gets done towards the ends of the window" (yh if you want scraps), which slowly lowers our expectations as well as availability of the top players. We are then excited with Perez, Welbeck, Arteta, Santos, Mertesacker, Benayoun etc etc type signings.

Its a cycle of no return, but every season we have hope, it was massively the case last season after we flopped a title that was ours for the taking. We actually spent money but still half the amount of United/city etc .
And although we spent a decent amount, they were still all second tier transfer targets.
If there was a season to spend a lot it would be now, but we say it every year. Also, I will be shocked if we dont lose 1-2 of sanchez and Özil. Koscielny's achilles problems, cazorla being basically finished and maybe two of our best players leaving. That could be 4 of our best players leaving or being botched in the space of a year or two

Swallow

The thing with Arsenal is that we do so bad every season, we think and expect a busy window. The problem with the transfer window is that it is a very long stretch of time, this massively works in the board's favour.

The season ends in turmoil or clear need for change, but media and fan pressure fizzles out weeks after it ends. Wenger dishes out the old "busines gets done towards the ends of the window" (yh if you want scraps), which slowly lowers our expectations as well as availability of the top players. We are then excited with Perez, Welbeck, Arteta, Santos, Mertesacker, Benayoun etc etc type signings.

Its a cycle of no return, but every season we have hope, it was massively the case last season after we flopped a title that was ours for the taking. We actually spent money but still half the amount of United/city etc .
And although we spent a decent amount, they were still all second tier transfer targets.
If there was a season to spend a lot it would be now, but we say it every year. Also, I will be shocked if we dont lose 1-2 of sanchez and Özil. Koscielny's achilles problems, cazorla being basically finished and maybe two of our best players leaving. That could be 4 of our best players leaving or being botched in the space of a year or two
Wow, I didn't know our academy was that good. It produced players like Özil, Sanchez, Santiago, Xhaka and cech the last few years. Bravo!

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I know little of this guy but judging from these posts we've signed the Bosnian version of Stuart Pearce :) I can live with that.

We've got the Bosnian version of Lorik Cana :p

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Agreed with all of what you said. The board don't give a single thought about the fans though and their actions show that, regardless of what spin they come out with.

If they thought Wenger was the right man (from a football perspective) then they should have the courage of their convictions and announce it. They shouldn't be afraid. But what they are going to do is wait until the season is over and protests are nigh on impossible before they announce it.

With that said, we can now officially conclude that the board is hiding from the fans and shielding themselves from any public displays of vitriol. They know their decision is against the wishes of the majority of fans so they simply pretend we don't exist in order to maintain the status quo - we are 'an unfortunate fact' as Wenger would say.

The situation can't go on because it will come to a head. But how long it goes on for simply depends on - how rapidly and to what extent fans take a stand or whether we have any meaningful on field success in Wenger's next year. Another year of finding ourselves pitifully off the league champions could tilt the apple cart even more against the board.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
And how do you know they are affraid?

Where do you people come out with such statements, like you perfectly know state of mind of 10, or even 1, person that is in charge at AFC. It amazes me to a whole new level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989

Latest posts

Top Bottom