• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sebastián Viera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corny

I'd be hugely disapointed if it's another Almunia, Warmuz, etc etc.

It doesn't pay in the long run as the home defeat to United shows. Let's get a young top keeper and there's plenty out there too. Seja, Viera or Isaksson.

Sir YoL

Since I'm a swede I've followed Isaksson since the begining of his career in Trelleborg (at the time they were playing in Allsvenskan, the top league here in Sweden. Now they have dropped one division). You could tell he was class from day one and I think it was allready in his first year with the first team that Juventus spoted him and bought him, unfortunately it didn't work out for him there. He was very young and the fact he didn't seem to enjoy his personal life down there made him want to return home.

He returned to Allsvenskan and the team Djurgården. He was brilliant in basically every game and went on to be champions with Djurgården two times in about 2-3 years. The first league wins for Djurgården in a very long time. And once again he was the subject of intense speculation about a move abroad.

And after enjoying a hugely impressive Euro 2004 for Sweden which caught the eye of many top clubs in Europe he finally decided to joy Rennes, a perfect environment for him to follow in the foot steps of Petr Cech who of course joined CFC for rediculous money.

Now he's finished his first season abroad and is recieving glowing praise for his perfomances. The coach of Rennes for example thinks Isaksson has more talent than Cech, but needs be refined a bit more before he surpasses Cech.

He's tall, good in the air, athletic, agile, has very good reflexes, makes good decisions coming out of his area. The only thing he needs to improve is his feet, not that he's bad but not top class.

In my opinion I don't think there's much to think about, BUY HIM!! :D

Chicago

asajoseph said:
Forget Mannone for a couple of years - he's WAY too young.

honestly, a young goalkeeper wouldn't be so bad Cech is 22 and he was great before he came to chelsea so he wasn't THAT much older.

not to say just play a 17 year old but if he's good enough, then who cares about age

asajoseph

Established Member
Sorry, 5 years in footballing terms is one hell of a long time. Cech's significantly older than Mannone.

Sure, if he's good enough, put him in. It would just be almost unprecedented for someone that young to be good enough for Arsenal. He'd have to be better than almost any keeper ever at that age.

asajoseph

Established Member
You know, it's a neverending mystery to me why Arsène doesn't make a big push for Isaaksson. In one fell swoop we could remove Comedy Manuel from the frame and get us a keeper capable of playing for us for the next 12-14 years. And for far less than 10 million too.

Of course, if he were a forward, we'd have snapped him up ages ago...

nidza7

Established Member
I remember few years ago that Iker Cassilas had to take bus to Bernabeu cause he didn`t have a driving licence,and he was first choice keeper at Real. :roll:

Ratinho

Established Member
fuma75 said:
if we dont buy any proven GK this summer,
i may loose my faith in AW.

I believe you'll be losing your faith then. He has every intention of playing Jens this season.

And Asa, I agree, but has any big club been linked, with any real linkage, with Isaakson??

Chicago

asajoseph said:
Sorry, 5 years in footballing terms is one hell of a long time. Cech's significantly older than Mannone.

Sure, if he's good enough, put him in. It would just be almost unprecedented for someone that young to be good enough for Arsenal. He'd have to be better than almost any keeper ever at that age.

Cech was great at Rennes before he was 22 and before he signed for Chelsea, they didn't sign a nobody and made him great, he was already a great goalkeeper.

Although after seeing that goal he let in againest Ritzing I think maybe Howard would be a better(albeit not that great) choice if Wenger's gonna "wait and see"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I've never been a goalscorer. I've only owned goals. Good own goals.

Steve Bould

Latest posts

Top Bottom