• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Selling some of my programs but where?

I've got a selection of Arsenal programs to sell including the CWC final Vs Parma but is ebay the best place to sell these? :?: :?:

Clarkey

Never knew they were worth that much. I went to the game with my Uncle and got a programme and a scalf that a Parma fan gave to me. But then it has sentimental value.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
ECWC final programme in good condition is worth around 40-50 quid. The sellers were a nightmare to find on the night. If you've got the 1 sheet insert as well add another tenner (by the way - that's for very good condition).

Clarkey - if it's just a Parma scarf it's not worth much (and how did you manage to find one of their supporters - we were there for days and only saw 1 out side of the ground!).

teethgrinder - if you want to pm me a list of what you want to sell (and condition - that's very important) I'll give you valutions for them and advice on selling them.

ExiledInNewcastle said:
ECWC final programme in good condition is worth around 40-50 quid. The sellers were a nightmare to find on the night. If you've got the 1 sheet insert as well add another tenner (by the way - that's for very good condition).

Clarkey - if it's just a Parma scarf it's not worth much (and how did you manage to find one of their supporters - we were there for days and only saw 1 out side of the ground!).

teethgrinder - if you want to pm me a list of what you want to sell (and condition - that's very important) I'll give you valutions for them and advice on selling them.

that would be great once I've sorted them all out I'll drop you a PM

Ally

Although as a general tip - league programmes any younger than 1970 for basically any club (with a few exceptions for title deciders etc. etc.) are only going to fetch one or two quid each.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Ally - absolutely right.

The trick is to know which ones are rare and which aren't. And quite often it's not the ones you'd expect.

For instance Stoke v Arsenal from any year in the 80's is worth pence, but one is quite rare and worth £15.

kanuuu

Established Member
How long will it take my programme of Arsenal V Blackburn, the unbeaten record beating match to be worth something?

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
About 100 years!

Trouble with matches like that is that everyone knew in advance it was interesting. You should get a fiver, but nothing more unless you find a muppet with too much money!

kanuuu

Established Member
ExiledInNewcastle said:
You should get a fiver, but nothing more unless you find a muppet with too much money!

Plenty of people like that around Highbury mate!

Ally

Some of the real gems are from abandoned matches and so on.

There's one I remember for Stirling v Rangers in the Scottish Cup back in the 70's which Stirling had printed up before they'd won their replay.

They lost and someone else played Rangers instead.

The programme is now worth a fortune.

If you're collecting, you want major, old games. FA Cup Finals are a sound bet. (If you can bag yourself any from the 40's or early 50's you're seriously rolling in it).

Arsenal aways in europe are always safe bets too.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Euro aways aren't always such a safe bet actually. For instance PSV away this season you'll be lucky to get 2 quid for, Rosenborg is around 6-7 quid, but if you've got the pirate one on sale outside the Pana game you're looking 20-30 quid.

But beware of fakes. Great example is Loko Leipzig away in '80 (?). Some bright spark had the idea of making fairly good copies of the programme before the next home game and sold 100's of them. These are all still knocking around, and there are probably more of them than the real ones. Real one's worth about £8, fake....50p (how to tell - look at the players photographed on the cover. From memory it's either the number 8 or 9 where the fake has the number blurred.

Some of the most valuable Highbury programmes are fairly recent. In 81/82 we had games postponed against Liverpool and 'Boro. They were postponed in advance, and the programmes pulped. There could be as few as three of each still in existance, so you could virtually name a price if you had them.

Same goes for the 67/68 Euro Cup Final replay at Highbury. No replay needed so the programmes got pulped again (and there's also a 71 FA Cup Final replay out there somewhere).

My fave is the 1993 FA Cup Final replay though. I got two programmes for a mate who never wanted them in the end. Thing is because it was a low crowd and they did a short print run of programmes, it's worth 70-80 quid. It's a funny world.

Ally

Haha I love the pirate ones you get knocking about - I got the 1948 cup final off eBay a year or two ago and the seller threw in a pirate of the game too which is just as interesting!

To be honest it's worth having the Arsenal programmes of the (especially early) 50's and 40's as they are gorgeous as much as for any money reasons.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Having said that if you've got any away in European competitions from the late 60's early 70's then you're doing well. Most of them are worth 70-100 quid each.

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom