• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Serge Aurier

After the controversy that has taken place this season with PSG, it seems Aurier will be available on the cheap this summer, would you take him?

Aevi

Hale End FC
We all would take him, but I doubt he would want us.

Bellerin and Aurier are both fullbacks with massive potential for the future, and in high demand. I doubt either would settle to be backup to the other; it's a case where we can only have one. Not happening, especially because Wenger isn't a fan of players with an attitude problem like Aurier's anyway.

Bananacoffee

We all would take him, but I doubt he would want us.

Bellerin and Aurier are both fullbacks with massive potential for the future, and in high demand. I doubt either would settle to be backup to the other; it's a case where we can only have one. Not happening, especially because Wenger isn't a fan of players with an attitude problem like Aurier's anyway.

He doesn't care as much about attitude as most here think, we've had plenty of questionable characters in our squad before.

Agree with the rest though, let's pass on any young and talented RB for now. Aurier is a great player, would walk into any top side IMO, but we already have the biggest RB talent around, what we need is a squad player.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Can one of them play as a Lb? Could be the long term solution for Monreal.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Can one of them play as a Lb? Could be the long term solution for Monreal.
Not a bad shout actually, though switching sides isn't too common is it?

Not sure it would be as simple as it sounds.

Last edited:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Not a bad shout actually, though switching sides isn't too common is it?

Not sure it would be as simple as it sounds.
I'm not sure. Sagna was a fairly component left back, Dennis Irwin was comfortable at either as is Philip Lahm. Chelsea also have a full back that can play either side.

It is a difficult switch but there is a lack of left backs out there and we will eventually need one.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He use to play in midfield and has played as part of a back three but not sure if his effective enough to partner someone in the middle.

We could of had him before we got Debuchy but didn't, can't see this happening.

benjamin86

Established Member
From what i remember he wanted to come to AFC ahead of PSG but AFC thought he was a trouble maker/difficult and lost interest.

I remember at the time thinking huh i've seen no signs...well now i have lol.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom