• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Serge Gnabry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudi

You just know that he will come here and be injured all the time during his contract.

Although a front 3 of
Gnabry-Jesus-Saka

With back up
Martinelli-???-ESR

Is top 4 quality (behind City and Liverpool, although Mane leaving will be a huge blow for Lpool)

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction
You just know that he will come here and be injured all the time during his contract.

Although a front 3 of
Gnabry-Jesus-Saka

With back up
Martinelli-???-ESR

Is top 4 quality (behind City and Liverpool, although Mane leaving will be a huge blow for Lpool)
If you don't know, Eddie is staying so he will be our backup for CF

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Realistically he has to believe in the arteta project. We missed out on top four because partey got injured. We wouldve had it done and dusted with 3 games to go.

That's my biggest concern is that we can sign gnabry but we need a proper replacement/partner for partey.

With all other teams strengthening I can't see us getting top four again. Gnabry is going to need some big promises.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Makes no sense him coming here, on any level. Free agency not only makes him more money but opens him for every top club who wouldn’t have to pay a fee.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

He's 25/26? He's leaving on a free :lol:

Wouldn't rule out Arsenal then but to come here and play in Europa, somethings up if he does that.
27 in July. Year in contract. He’ll run it down unless likes of Madrid, Barca, Liverpool comes calling

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Wouldn’t be joining Arsenal if you put him the above category.
Obviously he doesn't because our great manager got us out from UCL... No we don't have the pull to get WC players. Those want to play UCL, not going backwards with their careers in a club without a manager an any certainty we will get UCL in years to come. This was the chance, and he throw it away.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade

Although a front 3 of
Gnabry-Jesus-Saka

With back up
Martinelli-???-ESR

It won't because if he leaves there is a guy called Gnabry who is probably going to Liverpool to play UCL and compete for the league title.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Because we left him go... We didn't give enough opportunities when he was clearly a talent and instead we put Theo, Oxlade and Iwobi ahead of him. Him and Vela is some of the worse managed talents we had under Wenger. Sometimes he was so stubborn with some players and stick so much with others. Theo was done at that time and ox was hot and cold, so inconsistent.
Serge missed a lot of time with injury just as he was breaking into the role of a squad regular. Then struggled when he came back, so the idea was to send him on loan to help him get fully back up to speed. However, it turned out that Pulis would rather get relegated than give an Arsenal player a chance. Willie cap a-hole

Reactions: Kav

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Many of you will be disappointed if you will see him every week for us.

He is very inconstant in his performances - hiding in many matches, poor dribblings. His shooting technique is excellent on the other side.

Reading his scorers with this dominance from Bayern isn't the whole story. Probably many are blinded by his CL performances and aren't watching Bayern games every weekend in the league.

Regardless he would be a huge upgrade of course for the LW position, but i don't think he will put us on another level. If he wouldn't have played here in our youth, many more here would be sceptical about the performances from another Bundesliga farmer player.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
I’d be highly surprised if either Gnabry or De Jesus will sign onto Spanish Pulis and Thursdays in Kazakhstan. If you were a player with no allegiance like De Jesus you would be nuts for turning down CL and Conte. Or Arsenal if we sign either of these guys both will have to pay at least 20 or 30 percent more wages to get the player to agree. If Sp**s are smart they will steal him, even if they just push up the wage demands of his agent they are going to try to nab him. Why would you want Europa and Pub league Mik over Kane, Son, and a manager with 5 league championship medals in the biggest leagues? As a player I’d pick Sp**s over the team they humiliated and who has a still unproven and rigid manager.
Depends where you are at in your career and what you want.

Gnabry and Jesus would be competing with the players that are the only reason Sp**s aren't mid-table at best. Also, Sp**s are and will always be a smaller club. Plus everyone knows Conte will be there 2 more years at the absolute max. Also, every metric you look at says Sp**s' high finish was exclusively due to the front players. Arsenal have a far better foundation as things stand. Arsenal with Sp**s CF & LW finish 3rd well ahead of Chelsea. Sp**s with the Arsenal equivalents finish maybe 12th.

I know the muppets on here live to pile in on Arteta, but our underlying numbers have been good for 3rd or 4th best for 18 months. Unfortunately, Auba went from hugely exceeding his xG to seeing it leave him in the dust, Lacazette literally stopped running into the box or taking shots, and Eddie is only now starting to show he maybe nearly ready. Auba converting at the rate he did 2 years ago would have got us the goals to finish 4th or 3rd, even if he still left at the same time.

At the same time Son was the 5th most efficient attacking player in the league, and 2nd most efficient non-midfielder (out of those who played with any regularity). Only Vardy (when fit) - if only he'd come to us when we did his release clause, KDB, JWP & ESR (though much fewer starts) were more efficient, and of course, all got less chances.

Conte is an excellent coach, but seldom for a long time in one place.

Arsenal are still likely a more attractive proposition for many, especially the two in question, given Gnabry still walks around in Arsenal kits and gives interviews talking about Arsenal, and Jesus is another City boy who appears to like Arteta more than he likes Pep (and would be behind Son & Kane at Sp**s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Have Tottenham closed the gap on Arsenal?
Last time I checked they were still 4 miles and 11 titles away

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom