• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sergio Agüero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Re: Prem Club Wants Aguero

Or maybe they have realized that they could do with some presence upfront to compliment their current players..Not another short pacy type.

Anzac

Established Member

Doubt that SAF would be after both Berbatov & Aguero unless he was going to sell both Ronaldo & Tevez.

Didn't the club say that there'd been no offer from a PL club?

stuart

Established Member

We wont sign him. We wont pay the funds, Liverpool dont have the funds...its United.

longrufus

Established Member

I highly doubt it, they already have Rooney and Tevez, who are similar enough, adding Aguero just doenst make sense. They're looking for someone to compliment both Rooney and Tevez, not add a similar player.

Which is why they're looking at Berbatov, Huntelaar and Benzema

Im not saying its Aresnal, but for me its definately not United.

gunnerama911

Apparently United are ready to pay up to £54m for Aguero. Sell Ronaldo, buy Aguero - makes sense.

Lancelot

Established Member

That is actually a good point, longrufus. Besides, he would fit in ridiculously well alongside Torres, assuming that Liverpool is more likely to be that 'club'.

Where the heck will Liverpool find all this money to buy both Barry and Aguero though? It does look more and more like this is yet another typical agent scheme to raise both his client's wage and profile.

Dez

If the agent is telling the truth it will be united who are after him.

Just because they are going after Berbatov doesn't mean they can't go for a back up concurrently.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member

If there is even a team at all, wouldnt be the first time an agent comes out with such comments with no truth in them. But i guarentee its not liverpool, they are more financially crippled then we are, they have enough trouble trying to afford their new Stadium, how can they afford Aguero ???

longrufus

Established Member

Dez said:
If the agent is telling the truth it will be united who are after him.

Just because they are going after Berbatov doesn't mean they can't go for a back up concurrently.
Yea but Aguero is nothing like Berbatov, thats the point. United want a forward to compliment the likes of Tevez and Rooney. Which is why their looking at Berbatov, Huntelaar and Benzema. Aguero is not the type of player they need at all.

To be honest, i dont think its United for reasons outlined above, i dont think its Chelsea, i dont think Liverpool have the money and i dont think Wenger would spend that kind of money. For me its a nonsense quote from the agent, possibly trying to get a big spanish club to come out of the woodwork.

Anzac

Established Member

IF it exists it's ManU & they are going to use Aguero to replace CR7.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Anzac said:
IF it exists it's ManU & they are going to use Aguero to replace CR7.
Yeh but I still don't understand.
Whos gonna go out "wide"?

Rooney?
When ever Ive seen Aguero, hes upfront.

number_0

Established Member

ronaldo hardly plays wide anymore, so probebly an interchangable front 3 of teves/rooney/aguero partnered with one of berbatov/huntler/manucho

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Yeh I know, hence why I put quotation marks when I typed wide.
So you think Man U would be leaning towards the 4-3-3 formation then?

GaelForce22

Established Member

psycho said:
Yeh I know, hence why I put quotation marks when I typed wide.
So you think Man U would be leaning towards the 4-3-3 formation then?

If Ronaldo goes, I think they will. It's quite odd how they are not being linked to any wingers while Huntelaar and Berbatov are being touted as replacements for Ronaldo. I think they will play with one striker fixed in position through the middle, with Tevez and Rooney playing just off that player in free roles. Then they will have 3 central midfielders behind them who are comfortable attacking and defending.

But then again, Quieroz is gone and hasn't Sir Alex always played a 4-4-2 without him?

asajoseph

Established Member

Given how dubious this link was in the first place, and now that we've seen it dismissed, I'm locking this until a proper link emerges (i.e. forever).

ibby

Established Member
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_3814762,00.html

Now his agent Jose Segui is quoted in the Spanish press as saying: "I've had interest from a leading English team and they've asked me to approach Atletico with a bid.

"I can't say more until I've spoken to the club about the offer.

"All I can tell you is that it's one of the best teams in Europe and it's not Chelsea."

At first thought I dismissed it too, however it's worth to note we have at least £35 million in the bank (£25 million from Adebayor and £10 million we were going to spend on Melo). It's also worth to note Wenger was interested in Benzema so anything is possible.

nazo

Established Member
It's ManU for sure.

However, if we're going to use the money we get from Ade to buy this guy, Wenger must be giggling to himself like a teenage girl.

We got other positions to cover, but if we have the money, why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom