• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sergio Agüero

Status
Not open for further replies.

sray2

Sergio Aguero

I've seen numerous posts in the Walcott thread about this lad, and I've heard all the hype over the past season, starting with Chelsea's purported bid of 13million for him in October. I've seen most of the compilations on him but I had never actually seen him in action so I watched the Independiente vs. River Plate match last night to see what the hype was over this 17 year-old.

And all I have to say is that this player is a PHENOM!!! He was zipping by defenders like they didn't exist and this was against the best side in Argentina. He singlehandedly won the game for Independiente with 2 dream goals. The first goal was hit one touch from 20 yards out which curled around the keeper. The second he ran by 2 defenders before turning the 3rd defender inside out and cooly slotting past the keeper. If anyone has these goals, please post them!! Besides the goals, he terrorized the defence with quick running, sharp turning, and powerful shooting.

This guy is going to be World Class before he's even 20, and if it takes 15 million quid to get him (which is his reported value now), then we should absolutely spend it on him. I don't want to make comparisons with Messi since Messi plays in La Liga and is a more proven prospect, but Aguero looks to be just as good, and they look identical in the way they play the game. With these two in the Argentina side, they are going to dominate for years.

So, I just wanted to share my thoughts (albeit very limited) to what seems a true gem of a footballer. I thought he merited his own thread since Arsène only looks at teenagers these days as potential transfers.

Tegh

Established Member
I can't see us making a bid, especially if we're about to sign Walcott. Our funds are not a bottomless pit. However, yes, that kid is awesome.

Buhry

Established Member

Amazing player. I don't see us signing him though, and besides i think walcott has the potential to be just as good if not better, seeing as Walcott is a year younger aswell.

Campeoes

Well, I love Futbol Argentino and watch the league week-in, week out and Sergio Aguero is a fantastic player, even better considering he is only 17 years-old. He made his first senior debut at just 15 years and 2 months though, which is younger than Maradona who made his around 6 or 7 months later.

He has brilliant technique, a great touch and vision, but he is an awesome dribbler. He is excellent at finishing off moves and also is capable of getting great swerve and movement on the ball.

He scored a number of goals and also gained a number of assists during the last Torneo Apertura, they weren't just any old tap-ins either, they were all golazos, long range shots, volleys, lobs over the 'keeper etc.. He is also Independiente's first choice penalty taker at just 17 years of age, which says a lot about how he is rated over there, only one of his goals came from the penalty spot though.

He was part of the Argentina U20 team that lifted the World Youth Cup during the summer, but he didn't play very much, probably because he was the youngest player in the whole squad and didn't have as much experience as the others. Aguero is one that José Pekerman (the Argentina coach) is keeping tabs on though for the senior team.

He already has been linked with a number of clubs in Europe including Barcelona, Real Madrid, Villarreal, Internazionale, Juventus and unfortunately, Chelsea. Aguero told the Argentinian paper, 'El Grafico' a while back that it was his dream to play in England, so you never know...

By the way, River Plate aren't really the best team in South America based on current form, but they do have some brilliant players. River Plate beat Independiente 3-1 when the teams met at El Monumental during the Torneo Apertura, but Aguero didn't play as he was suspended after the referee sent him off in the previous match against Tiro Federal. Two of River's goals came from Radamel Falcao Garcia, a 19 year-old Colombian who is also a top prospect and only properly made the break-through to the first team this season.

I know the person that made that particular video compilation and not all of Aguero's goals are included as it was hard to get stuff in good quality. I believe the maker of the video will be releasing an updated version of it soon, I'll post it here if he does.

There's so much talent in South America, particularly in Argentina and I would love to see players like Aguero, Falcao, Palacio etc. at Arsenal, the only problem with players coming to England is that we have these annoying rules about work-permits, but most Argentines have a Italian or Spanish relative somewhere that they can get a passport from.

Buhry

Established Member

I guess Aguero would be an 'exeptional talent' and therfore have a chance of getting a work permit? Espescially if he is picked for Argentinas world cup squad..
But hey, I'm not tryking to make up some rumour that we are trying to sign him or anything.. :lol:
But he does look like a potential world star..

Tegh

Established Member
Ask yourself why Argentinian and Brazilian players are so talented, and have so much flair and skill.

The majority of them come from poor backgrounds, in extremely poor living conditions. Football is all they have, and so the success of becoming a big star is like having the world in their hands for them. They can buy their family a well built house, where they can live in decent conditions and have a better standard of living. There aren't a lot of jobs for where they come from, and so it's hard for them to afford anything. Kanu was a good example, always sending money back to his family in Nigeria, who lived in extremely poor conditions.

A lot of them play without shoes, and so they get a better feel for the ball, and they have nothing to do, often those area lack schools and extra-curricular activities. So they spend most of each day playing football on sand, in the streets, practicing and honing their skills. Street football is a prime example of this - also found in Holland which people like RVP learnt from.

So, whilst they have lots of time to play football, most English players over here have less time to practice (unless extremely dedicated) due to school, work, etc, etc. The desire to be a professional footballer is still there, but not to the same extent, because if they don't make it, they always have a fairly decent life to fall back on and plenty of job opportunities. In essence, the difference between making it, isn't life and death like it can be in the poorer areas of countries like Brazil and Argentina where the likes of Maradonna and R'dinho have learnt their trade.

Campeoes

Yep, players like Robinho and Carlos Tevez came from particularly poor backgrounds.

Robinho was brought up as a skinny kid playing football in the streets of Brazil, before he was taken in by the Santos academy. At Santos they gave him an appartment and looked after him as his family also had health problems.

Carlos Tevez came from a rough part of Buenos Aires before Boca Juniors got him out of there. I believe once Tevez was with Boca, he moved to a better part of Buenos Aires that wasn't so rough.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Alottaq goals but can he also play on the wing because if you think about it even if we get Walcott (who mainly seems like a striker) we could very possibly be very short on wingers next season aka Pires not getting a contract, Freddies decline continuing, Reyes (a winger or not a winger that is the question) and Hleb a converted winger. He looked bigger then Messi for what I could tell. You guys know that Messi has been on growth enhancers since he was 11 years old y'know nad he is still a midget, we should have given those to over players aswell.

I hate this workpermit problems the clubs in PL should sue the FA in the EU-court they have legitimate case, they can't compete on equal terms with the resat of Europe. Do as the other leagues have done and put a limit on foreeign players instead. It is silly to allow only established players we cold have had Cech and ROnaldinho ffs

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
To Tegh statement on poor backgrounds.

Doesn't many english players also come from the working-class like Owen, Rooney, Beckham(?) couldn't that be an explenation to why a guy like Rooney has such a temprament and gets in to all this sh*it he has been in to. I myself consider myself workingclass and although I have been to Liverpool and seen Rooney enviroment I can't dream of compering my upbringing with his. It is not for nothing that ghettos like that and in the rest of the western world are referd to as the Fourth World, it f*cking looked like the Balkans after the wars in the worst parts.

You can compare this with Zlatan who comes from one of the worst ghettos in sweden which is like
99,9% immigrants

But I can understand their pride and what keeps them going

Ps an aneqdoute on Brazilian players, Roberto Carlos you know why he can kick like a horse? well he had to be a horse when he grew up. They lived in the country and didn't afford a horse so he had to drag the plow while his father rode it.

Tegh

Established Member
Whilst some players came from working-class backgrounds Yeahbee, there's a HUUUUUUUGE difference between that and the conditions they grow up in over there. Some of those areas dont have benefits etc over there, so they have extremely low income.

kompany

he's clearly a really special player, but I guess that the chances of him becoming an arsenal player are very slim,
he could become chelsea's revenge if arsenal sign walcott as they reportedly already had a look at him

off topic: Theg, playing without shoes might give you a better feel on the ball, but the technique of playing barefooted is totally different from playing with shoes, and many young african footballers who come to europe suffer from the transition, so having learned to play without shoes is by no means an advantage,
I do agree with everything else in your post however

Campeoes

If he was to go to Chelsea, then I'm not sure how he'd do there as he won't fit into their style play. Chelsea often play with one up front as a loan striker and Aguero can't play like that. For Independiente he plays as a 'second' striker, although he likes to get forward and dribble around with the ball a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright
Top Bottom