• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sergio Agüero

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

they play in tougher leagues and plus the point of the matter is small players dont really always get "MAULED" as you described, fabregas ;)

they play in tougher leagues?!? you can argue all you want about which league is the best, but the most aggresive leagues are the british ones!

anyways, i agree small palyers dont always get mauled because some will dish it out aswell, but doesnt he just give you the impression that he would be **** scared of tackles and getting hammered! unlike say reyes, who is smallish, but gets stuck in!

A

Anonymous

i would say the argentine is more physical and agressive then the brittish

close but i dont think so, but when it kicks off it really kicks off because they are nuts!

but look at the young argentinians that are supposed to be the next maradona, there all small and they all come to europe and relatively fail, there's a track record of it... saviola, ortega, riquelme (took an age to find his feet but now he is mint), marinelli (remember him? no, exactly!) and these were all new maradonas like aguero, even though hes overshadowed by Messi for obvious reasons.

A

Anonymous

yeh but your talking about the attacking side which in any league isnt agressive ,if your talking about agressive its the mascherano's and ayala's etc etc

actually i agree with you, changed my mind lol, 10 years ago i wouldve said england hands down! but now with all the imports (not that thats a bad thing at all, otherwise we wouldnt have seen DB10 and TH14 etc...) its less physical, except for Bolton!

A

Anonymous

yep , bolton are keeping the traditional english game and its working, to many skinny wingers to many tricks, nice to see though :D

A

Anonymous

Post any Arsenal transfer rumour. Players in, players out. Make sure you also post your source.

right , weres your source, you clearly havent read the rules

Campeoes

The best goal in that compilation, by far is the second last one. That was the goal where he picked up the ball in the same half, dribbled the length of the pitch, humiliated the same defender a few times, before calmly slotting it away into the back of his own net.

Not only was it a pure golazo, but it also was even more special as it was in El Clasico (the derby), against local rivals Racing Club. Both Independiente are Racing Club and from Avellaneda on the edge of the city of Buenos Aires and the stadiums are really close to each other. As you can imagine, the fans absolutely hate each other and so the stadium was filled with hundreds of passionate fans and the rivalry is really tense. This it was makes that particular goal even more special.

By the way, the video only shows about 1/2 of his goals as he scored a lot more than that, but that compilation was only made about 3/4 way through the season. His game in general is also really good as he has great technique and awesome dribbling skills that he can use to beat defenders with ease.

Oh, by no means is the Argentine league rubbish either, some great football is played there and there are many other young talents out there. Whilst teams like Estudientes might be dirty and physical, others such as River Plate and San Lorenzo are capable of playing some great attacking football.

phonics

PiresMustGo said:
they play in tougher leagues and plus the point of the matter is small players dont really always get "MAULED" as you described, fabregas ;)

yeah because Fabregas at over 6ft is a ****ing Munchkin

Campeoes

alisalamiii said:
close but i dont think so, but when it kicks off it really kicks off because they are nuts!

but look at the young argentinians that are supposed to be the next maradona, there all small and they all come to europe and relatively fail, there's a track record of it... saviola, ortega, riquelme (took an age to find his feet but now he is mint), marinelli (remember him? no, exactly!) and these were all new maradonas like aguero, even though hes overshadowed by Messi for obvious reasons.

There are hundreds of South Americans that have excelled in Europe, but the players you mentioned have had other problems. Ortega didn't exactly have the best temperament about his game, Riquelme and Saviola both had problems at Barcelona. Elsewhere in the world, politics often mixes with football and one of the reasons why Saviola was unhappy at Barca and fell out of favour was due to political reasons. Also if you look at Maxi Lopez who is also a good player, he isn't given as many playing opportunities there, what with the likes of Eto'o about.

If you take a look at Riquelme now, he has been in brilliant form at Villarreal and is surrounded by a number of other South Americans. Saviola has been in good form at Sevilla, but has a had a few injury problems which haven't exactly helped. Pablo Aimar and Andres D'Alessandro were called 'the next Maradona' at some stage and they haven't turned out too badly.

Aguero isn't really a lightweight, but if he was to come to England (like he said he wants to) then I'm not sure how he will cope if he plays against the likes of Blackburn Rovers.

Campeoes

Well, the guy has started the Torneo Clausura in great form too and has continued scoring goal after goal. He scored in the 'clasico' against Racing in the Torneo Apertura and a few weeks back, the two teams met in the derby again where he scored two great goals.

Many of the people in Argentina want him in the national team, but sadly I don't think he will be going to the World Cup as the Argentina coach, Jose Pekerman can be a bit of an idiot when it comes to squad selections and also Argentina already have Lionel Messi who will almost definitely being going to the World Cup providing he's match fit and everything's well.

Amadeor

To the people thinking that Argentinian teams can't attack... Bit rich if your own league contains 90% teams that play 451...

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Get him for Celta Vigo. The Bayern idea of getting him before the Spanish and Italian sides show some intrest is pretty stupid by saying that every S & I team will be lining up bids

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
Liverpool are wasting money if they're buying him. I'd rather have Simao for that kind of price. Much more quality and more talented than this unknown kid. I'm not saying Aguero is not good or anything but for 10 million or more, it's not worthed considering there are much more better players out there like Simao.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I always wanted to play in English football and Arsenal and Highbury IS English football to me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom