• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sergio Aguero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malky

Established Member
I know it’s a small minority but I can’t believe there’s people on here that would actually consider a washed up Aguero here. The wages would be ridiculous, and there’d be a signing on fee involved.
Not sure how people expect the club to move forward with deals like that? We’ve got seriously limited funds, we’re not wasting them on another has been!

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Suarez was a year older and went to Atleti on a 2 year deal, and tbf has done very very well, although his conversion rates were unsustainably high at one point. But Suarez had a much better injury record than Aguero. It's not so much the age with Aguero, you could make a case for giving a 2 year contract to a 32 year old of his quality. It's the injury record, he's had 6 separate injuries in the last 2 seasons.

Breezy ®

Don’t bet against the incompetents running this club making this move.

They’ll probably see the “freebie” tag on Aguero and find it difficult to resist.

Probably been the best out an out centre forward of the Prem era. But finished so really need to steer clear. Serie A would be a suitable destination for him now if he’s keen on remaining in Europe.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Laca is 29, Auba is 31, bringing in Aguero would be a waste of resources not that I believe we will sign him.

This 'rebuild' which has been going on for years is soooooo slow and frustrating, so many loans, so many contract issues, aging players, youngsters not being used etc

Aguero is a great player but I'm tired of seeing old players turn out for us with no connection to the club, if it was a player who has been at the club for a while and served us well then I'm all for our 33yr old legend to be used but I'm so tired of us signing other clubs legends who were let go from their legend status at there club for a reason and we snap them up like ******.

****, I'd rather bring Giroud back than Aguero..

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Suarez was a year older and went to Atleti on a 2 year deal, and tbf has done very very well, although his conversion rates were unsustainably high at one point. But Suarez had a much better injury record than Aguero. It's not so much the age with Aguero, you could make a case for giving a 2 year contract to a 32 year old of his quality. It's the injury record, he's had 6 separate injuries in the last 2 seasons.
Suarez has better fitness but iirc, didn't score a CL goal this season. His decline is less pronounced but no less real. We need players who will push us up.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
If Aguero goes to Barca we should be all over Depay!

Think Aguero is nailed on at Barca with Messi being his mate and all. Haaland to leave Dortmund being replaced with another Raiola client: Donyell Malen. Raiola basically doing one deal but getting paid for two. Depay? Depends on where Haaland ends up.

Godwin1

Very well-known
I know it’s a small minority but I can’t believe there’s people on here that would actually consider a washed up Aguero here. The wages would be ridiculous, and there’d be a signing on fee involved.
Not sure how people expect the franchise to move forward with deals like that? We’ve got seriously limited funds, we’re not wasting them on another has been!
No one wants him it's unanimous surely?

LG10

Obviously bs, we’re after a target man anyways. Would not surprise me if we go for toney (hope we do).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Women kill for love and men kill because they hate to lose

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom