• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi (Out)

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,110
  • Views 308,976
Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Apparently Mustafi was a massive panic buy by Wenger back then with high fee and wages. Arsenal have been looking for someone to buy him for more than a year now, but no one is willing to offer a fee which wouldn't make it a total disaster and let Arsenal recoup at least some value (e.g. like buying him for 40 and then selling him for e.g. 10). His wages are a problem, too. Arsenal want him gone since before Wenger left but no one wants him 'cause all in all he's too expensive for what he is.

Loan him with an option to buy. Surely a German team would take a risk on him?

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Loan him with an option to buy. Surely a German team would take a risk on him?

Seriously don't know. Mustafi has never had great stock in Germany, tbh, because he left the country so early and never played in the Bundesliga is a blank page for most. Think La Liga or Italy are more likely.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Seriously don't know. Mustafi has never had great stock in Germany, tbh, because he left the country so early and never played in the Bundesliga is a blank page for most. Think La Liga or Italy are more likely.

Let's hope so. Maybe Valencia can help us out again and buy him back?! We manged to get north of 30m for Coquellin and Gabriel!

lucky7

I've had a little itch growing in my brain that we might not need to sell Mustafi. It could be a tumor but hear me out:

-In 2019 Arsenal have conceded the second fewest goals in the league. (9)
-In 2019 Arsenal has played all of the top 6, while others still have difficult games remaining.
-Mustafi played in 11/13 of the epl matches on this run.
-Mustafi has 0 "errors leading to goals" this season.
-When Holding comes back hypothetically Mustafi is 4th choice at CB.

Mustafi is not the reason that our defense has improved in 2019, the credit there has to go to others. I think there could be a role for Mustafi in the squad though and to go further I believe that Kos, sok, and Holding are a potentially great set of cb's. That's not to say that we shouldn't sign a CB since Kos is aging, or if we can get good money for Mustafi, but I think the priority of this signing might be lower than we think.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I've had a little itch growing in my brain that we might not need to sell Mustafi. It could be a tumor but hear me out:

-In 2019 Arsenal have conceded the second fewest goals in the league. (9)
-In 2019 Arsenal has played all of the top 6, while others still have difficult games remaining.
-Mustafi played in 11/13 of the epl matches on this run.
-Mustafi has 0 "errors leading to goals" this season.
-When Holding comes back hypothetically Mustafi is 4th choice at CB.

Mustafi is not the reason that our defense has improved in 2019, the credit there has to go to others. I think there could be a role for Mustafi in the squad though and to go further I believe that Kos, sok, and Holding are a potentially great set of cb's. That's not to say that we shouldn't sign a CB since Kos is aging, or if we can get good money for Mustafi, but I think the priority of this signing might be lower than we think.

I suspect a tumor. Better have that checked out. :p

Aevi

Hale End FC

giphy.gif

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
This tweet has a shocking lack of Kolasinac mentions. He should be included in the players brain dead clubs should bid for.

Just mentioned that possibility myself when this was posted in the Mkhitaryan thread (I may have been slightly more diplomatic). If Emery plans to play his favored 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 in the future, Kolasinac has to go. He's a wingback, not a left back. He has his strengths, but defending is not one of them. He can be pretty sloppy at times too.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Just mentioned that possibility myself when this was posted in the Mkhitaryan thread (I may have been slightly more diplomatic). If Emery plans to play his favored 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 in the future, Kolasinac has to go. He's a wingback, not a left back. He has his strengths, but defending is not one of them. He can be pretty sloppy at times too.

Much like Mustafi, Kolasinac has this innate ability of switching off at the most crucial moment. He simply can't be trusted.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Think this will have to end sadly.

Something along the line of Unai driving Mustafi up deep into the country, lobbing in a long ball for Mustafi to chase and then proceeding to jump back into the car and driving away swiftly.

Those sad puppy eyes, hands on his hips. Back on top.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners

that photo makes me want to vomit - but if Gazidis can do more for us from Milan than he ever did here, then he can have his statue outside the Emirates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom