• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi (Out)

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,110
  • Views 308,987
Status
Not open for further replies.

neimad

I'd actually be happier if we sold this guy than any signings we'd make. You'd wonder what we'd get for him.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
with the news of extending or selling players with 2 years on the contract even the last chance of him staying are gone.
am so glad we only need an upgrade on him, and not 2 more cb's or a complete overhaul

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
with the news of extending or selling players with 2 years on the contract even the last chance of him staying are gone.
am so glad we only need an upgrade on him, and not 2 more cb's or a complete overhaul

We only need to sign 1 top class CB, that will be enough with Sokratis, Kos, Holding & Mavro. I know some want to get shot of Kos but I think its good to keep him, he's done really well and only has a year left, plus he is good to have around the other players.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
We only need to sign 1 top class CB, that will be enough with Sokratis, Kos, Holding & Mavro. I know some want to get shot of Kos but I think its good to keep him, he's done really well and only has a year left, plus he is good to have around the other players.

I think Kosc will have a superb next season. In order for ttha to happen that one class CB is a must, but there is no doubt we'll get one. We can just hope it's not going to be a miss

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Still expect him to carve out a very decent career, but it won't be here. Change of scenery will do him good, me thinks.

Thinking the same. Seems like it wasn't meant to work out at Arsenal and that a top club is a bit too high up for him. But fully expect him to become a solid defender for a club one or two steps below, just like Gabriel came good at Valencia again.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Still expect him to carve out a very decent career, but it won't be here. Change of scenery will do him good, me thinks.

Yep, I reckon he will have a season or two where he is rated well at another club, might even be towards the end of his career.

He's like a CB version of David James, there is a player in there somewhere but it will come out with age and maturity, it will click for him at some point I imagine but not at Arsenal.

Was gonna suggest he have a baby or something to focus him (he already has a daughter) which led me onto photos of his wife.. he's doing well in that department of his life :eek:

benjamin86

Established Member
Yep, I reckon he will have a season or two where he is rated well at another club, might even be towards the end of his career.

He's like a CB version of David James, there is a player in there somewhere but it will come out with age and maturity, it will click for him at some point I imagine but not at Arsenal.

Was gonna suggest he have a baby or something to focus him (he already has a daughter) which led me onto photos of his wife.. he's doing well in that department of his life :eek:
Vermaelen mark 2 for me plus some brain farts moments. If he doesnt have Vermaelen's injury problems he'll probably be a good defender in his late 20's - early 30s.

(Vermaelen and Mustafi always try to win the ball instead of holding up the attacker and when they **** it up it usually leads to a 1v1)

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Apparently Mustafi was a massive panic buy by Wenger back then with high fee and wages. Arsenal have been looking for someone to buy him for more than a year now, but no one is willing to offer a fee which wouldn't make it a total disaster and let Arsenal recoup at least some value (e.g. like buying him for 40 and then selling him for e.g. 10). His wages are a problem, too. Arsenal want him gone since before Wenger left but no one wants him 'cause all in all he's too expensive for what he is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury

Latest posts

Top Bottom