• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi

Status
Not open for further replies.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
30-40 million isn't bad for Mustafi, especially considering he could be a major part of the squad for the next 8 years. I rate him highly, probably 2nd best German centre back.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
@Rex Banner rates him highly which is good enough for me...although he did say that Bellerin would be the next Bale.

Btw was Sol Campbell the last time we signed a top established CB? I really hope not.

You know we signed Silvestre, who had 5 PL titles to his name as well as plenty of other cups and caps for France.

Just saying :p

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Already said I don't rate him that much but if the club want him then £20m is a fair price these days and it should be done.

That'd be CM and CB sorted with plenty of money left for a striker.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Already said I don't rate him that much but if the club want him then £20m is a fair price these days and it should be done.

That'd be CM and CB sorted with plenty of money left for a striker.

Jones reckons he is better than the other two Koulibaly and I can't remember his name .

noon

Ok one question, isn't he mainly a right back, that can do a job as ch?

That was my impression of him, I've seen him few times and struck me as a solid player but never outstanding in anything

I could be wrong though.

Btw I agree with those talking about the Swiss defender schar, was very impressed by him in the euros, have no idea how he did in the bundesliga though

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Ok one question, isn't he mainly a right back, that can do a job as ch?

That was my impression of him, I've seen him few times and struck me as a solid player but never outstanding in anything

I could be wrong though.

Btw I agree with those talking about the Swiss defender schar, was very impressed by him in the euros, have no idea how he did in the bundesliga though

He plays on CB, but he can slot in RB as well. In fact he played 3-4 games at RB in Brazil 2014, while Lahm was deployed in CDM. Only at later stages when Lahm was moved to RB, did Mustafi had to go to bench.

If we're to get him, we'd surely get rid of Debuchy and Jenks, as we'd have enough cover at RB with Bellerin, Chambers, Holding and "Mustafi".
Ramsey, Ox and Le Coq can also cover RB in case a red card situation arises :)

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
30-40 million isn't bad for Mustafi, especially considering he could be a major part of the squad for the next 8 years. I rate him highly, probably 2nd best German centre back.

Mmmh, NO.
Boateng and Hummels are currently easily the best defenders in the world. Ramos comes close but not half the man at build up play which is a huge factor nowadays.
Tah far more talented than Mustafi.
But agree, Mustafi is a very good purchase. But he has limits.

EDIT: honorable mention: Koscielny

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Mmmh, NO.
Boateng and Hummels are currently easily the best defenders in the world. Ramos comes close but not half the man at build up play which is a huge factor nowadays.
Tah far more talented than Mustafi.
But agree, Mustafi is a very good purchase. But he has limits.

EDIT: honorable mention: Koscielny
Pepe? He is not honorable but he is a beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final

Latest posts

Top Bottom