• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Spanish Football 2017/18

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Would love Wenger to join Real and add a couple of trophies to his CV.
With Poch maybe unavailable due to the new contract and some thoughts about Conte's mental state after Chelsea, it's not too unlikely to hire the current elder statesman of football on a 2 year contract.

Regarding Zidane I highly suspect he'll do a sabbatical. Not too many interesting clubs of fitting stature are looking for a manager. PSG has hired Tuchel, Utd has Mou, Arsenal now Emery, Allegri stays at Juve...maybe Milan will try and upgrade on Gattuso with Conte and Zidane available. Can't see Zidane at Chelsea really.

Last edited:

benjamin86

Established Member
If Poch is really the man they want and he wants to go even without a clause, Real would just pay the compensation which would be £25m? (i'm guessing they would have to pay off his contract 8.5m x 5years?)

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Classy from Zizou, believes he has taken the team as far as he can and leaves.

Would like to see Potchy at Madrid, would be pure comedy.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I suspect Zizou resigned in the same way Wenger resigned. It's well known that Perez wanted him out (benching Bale is just one of the issues Perez has with Zidane)..

ThlRama

Player:Saka
There is a chance that this will be a followed by a Real rebuilding job. If this is the case, the summer market will be mad.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
From what I gather, he felt tired and felt like he had taken this team as far as he can and they'd need a change to keep winning..

In the snippet of his presser I saw on TV, he said something like: "Where the club is right now, if I had stayed there could have been a lot of problems next season." I thought he indicated the relationship with the team/his ability to motivate them further on the basis of the success was going to be tough.

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom