• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 2019/20

Manberg

Predator
I previously said we need a complete overhaul. I take back those comments. A few correct signings in key areas can massively improve the squad.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Chances are few and far between nowadays- but that front three is flowing ladies and gents, tell the truth.

Impact

Established Member
I previously said we need a complete overhaul. I take back those comments. A few correct signings in key areas can massively improve the squad.

We need four players for the first team (at least). Arteta's structure has us playing well but the herculean effort the players are putting in is not sustainable over a season. We need more quality.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Overhaul still needed don't let those result fool you these players can't keep it and preforming like the last 2 games in whole season we are 9th and could finish only with 56 points it's clear explanation. if we want CL football quality midfielder quality cb quality attacking midfielder needed.

We have very good youth players few players back in thier old good form like xhaka laca Ceballos but still 3-4 quality signings to compete for top 4

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Yeah I don't think we shouldn't all of a sudden pretend everything is brilliant because of yesterdays win. There are still issues, we absolutely need more in midfield, Ceballos-Xhaka is far from a flawless partnership, even if they continue to do well we need other options regardless. We need more goal-scorers and we need more added to our defence too.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I feel like defence and creativity is our biggest issues mainly. Despite our wins our chances created are awful, we’re just not getting the ball and passing to our forwards.
Luckily we’ve been insanely clinical this week.

CB DM AM would be my ideal summer.

Manberg

Predator
I’m behind four quality signings too. What I meant by a complete overhaul is that earlier in the season I wanted the whole team sold and replaced. Everything was dreadful in Emery’s reign and it seemed there was nothing in sight.

Things aren’t so black and white, we need quality additions to supplement some quality players we have.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Longer term the aim has to be moving to a backline that can cope covering larger spaces without making panicked decisions, so we can push up in a back 4, and get more bodies into midfield.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Don't get too giddy with a win, don't get too pessimistic with a loss. When we lost against City in the league for example, we had two players injured straight away and a red card, that's a freak event. When we beat City yesterday, we played very well and rode our luck a wee bit. Mustafi's error after 3 minutes could easily have been punished, or Sterling's shot from the cut-back could have gone in.

Obviously some players need to leave asap, others who people have derided can stay and play a part, and we'll need some new players, maybe 4 or 5.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Don't get too giddy with a win, don't get too pessimistic with a loss. When we lost against City in the league for example, we had two players injured straight away and a red card, that's a freak event. When we beat City yesterday, we played very well and rode our luck a wee bit. Mustafi's error after 3 minutes could easily have been punished, or Sterling's shot from the cut-back could have gone in.

Obviously some players need to leave asap, others who people have derided can stay and play a part, and we'll need some new players, maybe 4 or 5.

Need to get rid of the individual errors, players who are on two years or one, and those who simply cannot pass the ball.

Kolasinac
Mustafi
Elneny
Sokratis
Özil
One of Martinez/Leno
Guendouzi
Lacazette

Those are the ones I think we have to move on. The defensive problems and midfield aside. If we got a striker who could actually score away from home, we would be in the top four.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Need to get rid of the individual errors, players who are on two years or one, and those who simply cannot pass the ball.

Kolasinac
Mustafi
Elneny
Sokratis
Özil
One of Martinez/Leno
Guendouzi
Lacazette

Those are the ones I think we have to move on. The defensive problems and midfield aside. If we got a striker who could actually score away from home, we would be in the top four.

Agree with all of that, apart from the Martinez/Leno thing. Let them battle it out for a year, see what happens.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐

Kolasinac
Mustafi
Elneny
Sokratis
Özil
One of Martinez/Leno
Guendouzi
Lacazette

Also the Lacazette one is difficult, although ultimately I agree. I don't think you'd buy a replacement that could immediately do what Lacazette does in terms of all-round play, if Edouard came for example. You'd be taking a short-term hit on the field, but overall a better long-term decision.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Also the Lacazette one is difficult, although ultimately I agree. I don't think you'd buy a replacement that could immediately do what Lacazette does in terms of all-round play, if Edouard came for example. You'd be taking a short-term hit on the field, but overall a better long-term decision.

Underestimating Edouard. He can play as a 10 easily. Everything that Lacazette does he is capable of. He is also much faster, better in the air, much better dribbler and is stronger.

With the Martinez/ Leno scenario. They are both number 1s. Selling one would fetch 30 million. I don't think we can afford to turn that down. We should bring in an old experienced back up in.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Underestimating Edouard. He can play as a 10 easily. Everything that Lacazette does he is capable of. He is also much faster, better in the air, much better dribbler and is stronger.

With the Martinez/ Leno scenario. They are both number 1s. Selling one would fetch 30 million. I don't think we can afford to turn that down. We should bring in an old experienced back up in.

Dude c'mon, Edouard looks like a very good young player, but he's 22 and playing in Scotland. No way can he replicate the all-round play of a peak age Lacazette. That's just wishful thinking. I think in the long-term it's probably a good idea to replace Lacazette with a younger player now, but you should expect teething issues.

And about the goalkeepers, I mean, just no. If we have to sell one eventually we can do that, but let's just enjoy both of them for at least a year ffs. They'd be among the last players I'd look to sell right now.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Dude c'mon, Edouard looks like a very good young player, but he's 22 and playing in Scotland. No way can he replicate the all-round play of a peak age Lacazette. That's just wishful thinking. I think in the long-term it's probably a good idea to replace Lacazette with a younger player now, but you should expect teething issues.

And about the goalkeepers, I mean, just no. If we have to sell one eventually we can do that, but let's just enjoy both of them for at least a year ffs. They'd be among the last players I'd look to sell right now.

Say we need to sell one of the gks to fund Aouar. Would you do it? Martinez will never be worth more than what he is right now.

Going to have to agree to disagree. Genuinely think Edouard is a much better player than Lacazette right now.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Say we need to sell one of the gks to fund Aouar. Would you do it? Martinez will never be worth more than what he is right now.

Going to have to agree to disagree. Genuinely think Edouard is a much better player than Lacazette right now.

This is coming from a guy who thinks Blas is world class

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary

Latest posts

Top Bottom