• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 2019/20

ChefMan21

Pleased to see the business we've done (and look to have done, once Luiz goes through). Hopefully there's a nice deal sheet surprise.

Still feel we're a little short in the GK/CM department for regular top 4, with the latter position for the reasons here (my point about a Casemiro-level midfielder was the fee for Zaha, rather than reputation). What I'd like for CM is either a dominant presence in the middle (Milinkovic-Savic comes to mind straight away), or a strong passer of the ball to break open defences (e.g. Pirlo/Cesc at their best).

May also need a CB if Saliba/Holding don't develop as well as we might like. Confident, but watching.

Keen to see how the side comes together.

Gervais

Established Member
RIGHT

SQUAD ANALYSIS TIME

GK: Leno, Martinez, Macey

RB: Bellerin, Chambers
CB: Holding, Sokratis
CB: Luiz, Monreal, Mavropanos
LB: Tierney, Kolasinac

MF: Guendouzi, Xhaka
MF: Torreira, Willock
MF: Özil, Ceballos, Mkhitaryan

RW: Pepe, Maitland-Niles
ST: Aubameyang, Martinelli
LW: Lacazette, Nelson

Aubameyang
Martinelli

Lacazette -------- Özil -------- Pepe
Nelson ----- Ceballos ------- AMN

Guendouzi ------- Torreira
Xhaka ------------ Willock

Tierney - Luiz - Holding - Bellerin
Kola -- Monreal -- Sokratis - -Chambers

Leno
Martinez
That's the team imho. Özil can have the opportunity to lose his place. I don't want to see AMN at RB ever again. Chambers used to be a RB at Southampton so he can make do.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Our midfield is still weak and we have no RB.

I feel like I’m the only Arsenal fan that thinks we need a RB.

We need a RB. One that would compete with Bellerin. AMN is, to put it mildly, very bad in that position. Loses focus too easily. I actually said before I would even play Mustafi at RB before him. We can still play Chambers there. He isn't comfortable there, but he probably will be an upgrade.

This window we had too many other positions to fill so understandable RB position couldn't be covered.

OSBK

Established Member
Glad its closed and we have done some unreal business. The outgoings have been as important as the incomings.

We have a 11 full of experience and quality and behind that a group of youngsters who have and need to prove themselves.

Best squad in the last 10 years? I think so

FinnGooner

Established Member
Lot of room of improvement still but for this season I think Emery has been given a squad that should finish top 4. We should be favorites to win the EL as well

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I feel like I’m the only Arsenal fan that thinks we need a RB.
I'm with you on that one. That's why I was hoping for Alves for most of the summer. That's the largest gaping hole in the squad.

Also think we really shouldn't put Auba out wide to accomodate both Laca and Auba at the same time. We let Nketiah leave so logically that means we have to rotate them with Auba taking the starting spot for me.

I'm really excited about the left-winger position though. Hope Nelson gets his chance and hope we rely on Saka and Martinelli to rotate.

Just get rid of Mustafi and Elneny in the remainder of the window and make sure Xhaka isn't in the starting lineup for any difficult / high paced match and we should be good to go.

Iceman10

Established Member
Auba is not at his strongest on the LW, perhaps more of a concern in the big matches where we could be pushed back to defend more, so I wonder if the arrival of Tierney provided more confidence to sell Iwobi. Will be interesting to see if the calculation (£, pitch performance) pays off or not this season. We could be stuck with Mkhi for depth for LW and that's not a good thing if that is what is in Emery's head.

Regarding £, if we've balanced our books reasonably well with the Iwobi sale, and can get CL qualification with what we've brought in, with help of some of our youngsters (Willock, Reiss? Saka?) stepping up that would be perfect, even though we've taken a calculated risk selling our rotation/backup forward.

£ spend next summer would have to be on CM (Ceballos or replacement), maybe a top quality young CB (slightly depends on how Holding does this season), a LW (with Mkhi out), and a backup RB.

Kingofthebongo

Luiz is a good defender for a 3 at the back system. Not so reliable in positioning and marking in a 2. This gives us the option to play with a more counter attacking set up against the big teams.

Auba laca Pepe

Ceballos willock
Tierney Luiz sok holding bellerin

With luiz to wander into DM territory and spray balls to the forwards or bombing full backs.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
First-team squad 2019/20:

Goalkeeper
Leno
Martinez
Macey

Defenders
Luiz
Tierney
Bellerin
Mustafi
Sokratis
Mavropanos
Holding
Monreal
Kolasinac
Maitland-Niles
Chambers

Midfielders
Torreira
Ceballos
Guendouzi
Xhaka
Elneny
Özil
Mkhitaryan
Nelson
Smith-Rowe
Willock

Forwards
Aubameyang
Lacazette
Pepe
Martinelli​

Updated.

Impact

Established Member
Good squad for a Top 4 push.

We should shift Mustafi and Elneny permanently if we can. And find good loans for Mavropanos and Smith-Rowe.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Auba is not at his strongest on the LW

Still damn Good att LW
And it Laca plays CF we gain stuff Auba doesnt provide aswell as him

Better as a TEAM
The Net gain in goals Will be greater IF we play both, plus Pepe!

How is that so Hard to understand?

And judging from last seasons Özil contribution I favor a 433 lineup to sure up defensivly
And we'll gain offensivly from the cms having more more liberty to...

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Kos out, luiz and chambers in. Surely mustafi is even further down the line. Can't imagine any possible reason legitimate enough to start him.

Same with Elneny. Torreira and Guendo further in development, Willock on the scheme, Ceballos. Surely Elneny is off??? I'm desperate enough that I'd take a loan that pays at least 2/3 of his wages from Charity FC

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Elneny and Mustafi next on Raul`s hit list. Would like to get rid of Mikhi too but don`t see that happening. Mavropanos definitely needs a loan, possibly Smith Rowe too.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom