• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 23/24

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Tbf Martinelli and Saka looked like most talented wide forwards in the world last season. Saka still does but Martinelli drop in form has been bad. Then we had Trossard who has given us a lot of return.

To me it's not coincidence that our left side has been all over the place this season and Martinelli hasn't had a good season.

Last season he had Xhaka drilling the ball into his stride and Jesus (when fit and good near the start) linking up with him. Zinchenko even was way better than this season.

We need another attacker, ideally someone with pace and trickery. Then if they replace Eddie with someone like Sesko thats fine.

We need to make the left side functional again with a quality CM who can pass to the left (unlike one foot Declan) and a left back

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
To me it's not coincidence that our left side has been all over the place this season and Martinelli hasn't had a good season.

Last season he had Xhaka drilling the ball into his stride and Jesus (when fit and good near the start) linking up with him. Zinchenko even was way better than this season.

We need another attacker, ideally someone with pace and trickery. Then if they replace Eddie with someone like Sesko thats fine.

We need to make the left side functional again with a quality CM who can pass to the left (unlike one foot Declan) and a left back
I agree. Definitely need a trump style "make the left side great again" transformation. We have lost Xhaka and all the remaining players on the left have droppped off masively this year. It makes it more predictable for the opposition to defend when they can focus on the right. I think a LM and left back are needed.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Starters:
Raya, White, Saliba, Gabriel, Rice, Ødegaard, Saka, Martinelli, Havertz

Quality substitutes:
Tomiyasu, Timber, Trossard, Jesus

Good substitutes
Kiwior, Jorginho

Needs to go
Ramsdale, Zinchenko, Partey, Elneny, Vieira, ESR, Nelson, Nketiah

Must buy starters:
Deeplying midfielder and left back

Must buy quality rotation players
GK, CM (nr.8), AM (nr.10), RW & CF

7 players in and 8 players out. If that happens, we will have a very strong squad to compete on all fronts...
I'd be very surprised by such a large turnover in one window. In fact, I think it is bordering on the unrealistic.

Ramsdale will probably get offers, and I think it would be unreasonable to keep him on the bench. We will however need a decent reserve goalkeeper.

Zinchenko will probably not get sold. I can see Arteta hanging onto him, and the player might want to stay as well. I would not be surprised to see him running down his contract.

Partey might be problematic to move on. He is on big wages, and if we manage to shift him, it will be for a nominal fee.

Elneny is likely to be released.

I expect us to keep Vieira.

ESR, Nelson and Nketiah should probably move on for the betterment of their careers. I'm not sure if our HG quota can accomodate all being let go. We're probably dependent on good offers to see movement here.

We have an interesting summer ahead.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom