• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 23/24

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Tbf Martinelli and Saka looked like most talented wide forwards in the world last season. Saka still does but Martinelli drop in form has been bad. Then we had Trossard who has given us a lot of return.

To me it's not coincidence that our left side has been all over the place this season and Martinelli hasn't had a good season.

Last season he had Xhaka drilling the ball into his stride and Jesus (when fit and good near the start) linking up with him. Zinchenko even was way better than this season.

We need another attacker, ideally someone with pace and trickery. Then if they replace Eddie with someone like Sesko thats fine.

We need to make the left side functional again with a quality CM who can pass to the left (unlike one foot Declan) and a left back

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
To me it's not coincidence that our left side has been all over the place this season and Martinelli hasn't had a good season.

Last season he had Xhaka drilling the ball into his stride and Jesus (when fit and good near the start) linking up with him. Zinchenko even was way better than this season.

We need another attacker, ideally someone with pace and trickery. Then if they replace Eddie with someone like Sesko thats fine.

We need to make the left side functional again with a quality CM who can pass to the left (unlike one foot Declan) and a left back
I agree. Definitely need a trump style "make the left side great again" transformation. We have lost Xhaka and all the remaining players on the left have droppped off masively this year. It makes it more predictable for the opposition to defend when they can focus on the right. I think a LM and left back are needed.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Starters:
Raya, White, Saliba, Gabriel, Rice, Ødegaard, Saka, Martinelli, Havertz

Quality substitutes:
Tomiyasu, Timber, Trossard, Jesus

Good substitutes
Kiwior, Jorginho

Needs to go
Ramsdale, Zinchenko, Partey, Elneny, Vieira, ESR, Nelson, Nketiah

Must buy starters:
Deeplying midfielder and left back

Must buy quality rotation players
GK, CM (nr.8), AM (nr.10), RW & CF

7 players in and 8 players out. If that happens, we will have a very strong squad to compete on all fronts...
I'd be very surprised by such a large turnover in one window. In fact, I think it is bordering on the unrealistic.

Ramsdale will probably get offers, and I think it would be unreasonable to keep him on the bench. We will however need a decent reserve goalkeeper.

Zinchenko will probably not get sold. I can see Arteta hanging onto him, and the player might want to stay as well. I would not be surprised to see him running down his contract.

Partey might be problematic to move on. He is on big wages, and if we manage to shift him, it will be for a nominal fee.

Elneny is likely to be released.

I expect us to keep Vieira.

ESR, Nelson and Nketiah should probably move on for the betterment of their careers. I'm not sure if our HG quota can accomodate all being let go. We're probably dependent on good offers to see movement here.

We have an interesting summer ahead.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
So... looking at our squad as it has performed over this last season, there are a few glaring areas for me that need solutions:

Left back - Will Timber be what we need?

CM - Partey needs to go and we need a new CM that can provide his forward passing penetration without the drunkenness and treacle running

Ødegaard deputy - This season Ødegaard has played a lot, no guarantee we are so lucky with injuries next. Who do we play if he injured or just to rest/rotate?

Forward - Will Jesus leave? Havertz has pretty much nailed down starting CF with his play in 2024. Our highest paid player is now a rotation option? We need something else in attack

Emibury

We really only need to recruit a top quality CF and CM and we should drop the best part £200m on it. And sell only the players unlikely to feature at all for us - we need to compete on depth with City. We won't get as lucky next season with injuries as we have been this season.

Buy (£150m-200m)
Isak/Toney/Solanke and Bruno G/Luiz/FDG (or similar level players).

Sell (£50m+)
Cedric, Vieira, Elneny, Eddie, Nelson, Tierney, Tavares, Lokonga, Marquinhos.

Selling Ramsdale risks ruining the season to a Raya injury. Partey and Jorginho are still quality - Partey's injury issues should also be better if used as a squad player. Selling Zinchenko/Jesus/Trossard/ESR would be small time thinking - we need the strength in depth and we are unlikely to be able to sign someone better just to sit on the bench. It's not enough to just have a great first 11.

First 11
GK: Raya

LB: Timber
CD: Saliba
CD: Gabriel
RB: Timber

CM: Rice
CM: Bruno G

LW: Martinelli
AM: Ødegaard
RW: Saka
CF: Isak

Second 11

GK: Ramsdale

LB: Zinchenko
CD: Kiwior
CD: Youth player/Tomiyasu
RB: Tomiyasu

CM: Partey
CM: Jorginho

LW: Trossard
AM: Havertz
RW: ESR
CF: Jesus

That second 11 would fight for a European place and several of them have a good shout at being in the first 11 (Trossard, Havertz, Ramsdale in particular). That's the level of quality in depth we need to win the PL. We're not far behind City if we take this approach.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
We really only need to recruit a top quality CF and CM and we should drop the best part £200m on it. And sell only the players unlikely to feature at all for us - we need to compete on depth with City. We won't get as lucky next season with injuries as we have been this season.

Buy (£150m-200m)
Isak/Toney/Solanke and Bruno G/Luiz/FDG (or similar level players).

Sell (£50m+)
Cedric, Vieira, Elneny, Eddie, Nelson, Tierney, Tavares, Lokonga, Marquinhos.

Selling Ramsdale risks ruining the season to a Raya injury. Partey and Jorginho are still quality - Partey's injury issues should also be better if used as a squad player. Selling Zinchenko/Jesus/Trossard/ESR would be small time thinking - we need the strength in depth and we are unlikely to be able to sign someone better just to sit on the bench. It's not enough to just have a great first 11.

First 11
GK: Raya

LB: Timber
CD: Saliba
CD: Gabriel
RB: Timber

CM: Rice
CM: Bruno G

LW: Martinelli
AM: Ødegaard
RW: Saka
CF: Isak

Second 11

GK: Ramsdale

LB: Zinchenko
CD: Kiwior
CD: Youth player/Tomiyasu
RB: Tomiyasu

CM: Partey
CM: Jorginho

LW: Trossard
AM: Havertz
RW: ESR
CF: Jesus

That second 11 would fight for a European place and several of them have a good shout at being in the first 11 (Trossard, Havertz, Ramsdale in particular). That's the level of quality in depth we need to win the PL. We're not far behind City if we take this approach.
Wait.....are we cloning another Timber so we have 2 then ? 🤔

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Good effort this year lads, gave it your all and that's all you can ask for really.

But if you want to join the fabled halls of players Riou will simp for, then you got to start lifting these soon...

8q2wx0.jpg
8q2x7w.jpg

...no handles on the side, no real love from me 🤷‍♂️

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Good effort this year lads, gave it your all and that's all you can ask for really.

But if you want to join the fabled halls of players Riou will simp for, then you got to start lifting these soon...

View attachment 24377
View attachment 24378

...no handles on the side, no real love from me 🤷‍♂️

You do realise this does not specifically refer to your desire for the team to win the big pots anymore than it alludes to your preference for lovers with a bit of meat on their frames :lol:

Rattata

You have to sell Ramsdale. We made this mistake way to often. Last summer Eddie was the most recent mistake. Should've sold him for 30m while his stock was high. Now we are lucky if we get 15m for him.

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten

Latest posts

Top Bottom