• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad for tomorrow

lewdikris

Established Member
With Henry on the bench, what are peoples predictions for the team tomorrow. Bergkamp is fit.

I would think it might be:

Lehmann

Toure Campbell Cygan Cole

Freddie Silva Paddy Bobby

Bergy Quincey/Smith

Bench: Stacky, Lauren, Edu, Ray, Henry

Ryan Smith was the best of the attacking kids on Wednesday - so I think he might get a go. 'Might' being the operative word. If not, expect Freddie and Bergs up front, with Ray in midfield and one of the kids on the bench. Not sure i'm entirely keen on that idea - and think Wenger might think the same with Bergkamp playing. Too deep lying....

Adam

Established Member
I'd like to see how Bergkamp operates with Quincy. Jerome Thomas is a good option up front too.

It's likely to be Ljungberg up there for the FA Cup.

JazzG

Established Member
Damn where is Jeffers and Wiltord when you need em eh ;)

Is Henry even gonna be on the bench? I heard he might not even be in the squad! This is what I think it might be

Lehmann

Parlour Silva Paddy Bob

Bergy Freddie

Would be interesting to see him play Lauren on the wing instead of Parlour though....

lewdikris

Established Member
Edu will be saved for Wednesday, as will Keown.

Not sure Pires and Bergy would work up front to be honest.

GlasgowGooner

im not sure they would work up top toghther either but its worth a try, Freddie and DB up front together is too lightweight for me i can see them being dominated by Ugo and co really. The ball wouldnt stick with Freddie if you gave him it up there where as i can see Pires causing alot more threat if he were alogside Dennis.

Alexone234

I think:

Lehmann

Lauren
Toure
Sol
Cole

Parlour
Vieira
Gilberto
Pires

Freddy
Dennis,

That said, I would play

Toure
Toure Toure Toure Toure
Toure Toure Toure Toure
Toure
Toure

A

Anonymous

lewdikris said:
With Henry on the bench, what are peoples predictions for the team tomorrow. Bergkamp is fit.

I would think it might be:

Lehmann

Freddie Silva Paddy Bobby

Bergy Quincey/Smith

Bench: Stacky, Lauren, Edu, Ray, Henry

Where have you heard Henry is on the bench?
And i would have thought that there would be no chance of Quincey or Smith starting this game.

patrick42uk

Established Member
although lauren has been fit for a while now, has any one else noticed that toure hasnt played at cb since? i think rb is his definate position wenger wants him to play.

Mark

Established Member
Lehmann

Lauren Toure Campbell Cole

Pires Vieira Gilberto Clichy

Bergkamp Ljungberg

1. Stack 2. Henry 3. Bentley 4. Parlour 5. Edu

I read that Henry is supposed to be on the bench, perhaps we can bring him on for the last few minutes, or if we're in trouble which i hope we won't be, we'll have Henry to help us. I am hoping Bergkamp and Ljungberg play together upfront because if Freddie makes good runs and Bergkamp can play those killer passes we could get a lot of goals from those two. I reckon we'll win 3-0. Freddie with two and Bobby with one.

Arsenal316

I think Wenger will go with the following:

Lehmann

Lauren, Campbell, Cygan, Cole

Parlour, Vieira, Edu, Pires

Bergkamp, Ljungberg.

Subs: Stack, Toure, Clichy, Henry, Bentley/Smith.

Hopefully Henry can enjoy his day off. :p

Andrew

--------------- Lehmann -----------------

Lauren -- Campbell -- Cygan -- Cole

------ Parlour --- Vieira --- Edu --------

--- Ljungberg ---------------- Pires -----
------------------ Bergkamp --------------

Subs: Stack, Clichy, Toure, Gilberto, Henry

I'm saying Lauren ahead of Parlour because Toure played a full 90 minutes in the league cup and Lauren was rested. Parlour for Gilberto if he's injured, and the fact that Gilberto played a full 90 minutes in our last two games. Bentley, Quincy, Thomas and Smith are the only other likely ones I think who might be in instead of Henry.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom