• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Stephan Lichsteiner Leaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
I keep seeing people say Lichtsteiner is a good crosser, but it's a complete myth. He had good moments against Tottenham, which is the game I assume people are basing his crossing ability on, but Juve fans are generally of the opinion that he isn't particularly good at them. Of course, that might still be fantastic compared to Bellerin.
Mind, Juventus are comparing him to what they have. We're comparing him to a team that has only Özil who can actually cross.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Xhaka can cross. Put in some mean corners as well. Although, Xhaka won;t be in the position to cross naturally.
I was generally talking about the wide players, Iwobi is dreadful at crossing, Mkhi tries to cut inside, Özil has a brilliant cross, Bellerin, Monreal and Kolasinac really can't cross, AMN is better than those 3 but not exactly good either. Technically, Mustafi has a pretty mean cross in him too, but he won't be going forward.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I keep seeing people say Lichtsteiner is a good crosser, but it's a complete myth. He had good moments against Tottenham, which is the game I assume people are basing his crossing ability on, but Juve fans are generally of the opinion that he isn't particularly good at them. Of course, that might still be fantastic compared to Bellerin.

Don’t most fans think their players can’t cross? :lol:

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
If he defends for Arsenal like he did yesterday for Switzerland, he'll be red carded 3 times this season and give away 4 penalties minimum. :lol:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
So you know how Xhaka and Shakiri are being investigated for making those eagle symbols? Apparently so is Lichtsteiner. He has no connection, he just joined in hahaha. This guy isn't the sh*thouse we wanted, he's the sh*thouse we deserve.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

What's wrong in making a symbol of a country's flag, especially the one where your roots are from? I can make a symbol of each country's flag I want that is recognized by FIFA during a match and that is nothing wrong. But, it is servs that have issues with other countries flags and fear them. they are their nightmares.

And, unfortunately FIFA are falling in their ****.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
What's wrong in making a symbol of a country's flag, especially the one where your roots are from? I can make a symbol of each country's flag I want that is recognized by FIFA during a match and that is nothing wrong. But, it is servs that have issues with other countries flags and fear them. they are their nightmares.

And, unfortunately FIFA are falling in their ****.
It could be seen as an act of provocation but Serbian FA president is being investigated too.

Doesn't look like these guys feel very Swiss to be honest. Passport of convenience.

Erlis

Why a provocation? Eagle is a symbol of Albania flag and also eagle is symbol of Albanians, even name Albanian (in Albanian) is related to eagle, and all Albanians around the world make that symbol when they celebrate for whatever occasion.

If you would listen to serbs they wouldn't allow anything Albanian in the stadiums, same as they did when Albania played against Serbia in Belgrade for EURO 2016. While when they went to Albania they were treated normally as every team around the world. They have issues.

Last edited:

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
What is wrong with making a flying bird symbol?
Asano celebrate his goals with a tiger gesture, does that mean he supports hull city?

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Its an odd move from the Swiss captain.

Guy on the radio was saying it has not gone down well there either. Representing a very diverse country... including Serbs.

1504167099_gr-f-01.05.01.01nat-computed_thumbnail.jpg

Erlis

Why only serbs are butthurt that he made that symbol and not other ethnicites in that diverse society? Do they hate Albanian symbols. why? :lol:

It is their hatred that will harm only them.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Asking "what is wrong with a flag symbol" out of context either shows complete ignorance of Balkan history, current affairs and conduct, or is just plain provocation and propaganda.

It is quite frankly obvious that Xhaka and Shaqiri themselves wanted to provoke, which by the way I don't necessarily condemn personally, but with UEFA's strict regulation and ultra cosmopolitanism you can't really wonder why they might take a look at it. It's hypocritical.

Erlis

I seriously don't get why anyone on Earth would be provoked by Albanian flag? Historically it never harmed anyone. It is symbol of freedom and justice. It is others that have issues with it and fear it because they fear the justice.

Let's not make this a Balkan thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom