• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Stephen Ireland

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
KY said:
I seem to have the idea that Ireland will bring tenacity to our squad much like flamini did. No idea where i get that from but ireland just gives me that impression. Anyone can tell me if i'm wrong or right?
He's a touch player more than a battler. Don't think he'd improve us much in that regard.

I don't want him here.

Abs

Established Member
qs said:
Wrong - ish. He's more tenacious than the likes of Rosicky, Diaby or Denilson (not saying much) but Flamini he is not. He would do more defensive work than any of our other attacking mids though.

I still think he'll end up at Villa.

I know you are Irish and wanna big up your fellow country man, but Ireland doesnt do much work defensively, he's a player with a nice touch and good at passing short passes, but he's weak, the game easily pass him by, he rarely wins tackles or headers. He's also mentally insane. He's an attacking midfielder who has been average all his career except 6 months where everything went for him.

Nasri is twice the player he is, Rosicky and Diaby are better players than him as well. He added nothing to City both defensively and attacking this season, so much that Mancini felt Vieira would add more going forward than him. He is not good enough

Lord Dula

Established Member
I think Ireland is super talented on the ball. He seems to have a mental picture of what will unfold before him. More naturally talented than nasri in my opinion

Abs

Established Member
Captain said:
definitely better than Nasri right now.

How can he be better than Nasri right now when he hasnt had a good game over 12 months? Have you actually watched him play for city this season or any other season except the period when Elano and Robinho was carrying him?

otfgoon

Established Member
Abs said:
I know you are Irish and wanna big up your fellow country man

I would be stunned if anyone Irish would want to big him up.

Ireland more talented than Nasri is a laughable statement.

qs

Established Member
Abs said:
qs said:
Wrong - ish. He's more tenacious than the likes of Rosicky, Diaby or Denilson (not saying much) but Flamini he is not. He would do more defensive work than any of our other attacking mids though.

I still think he'll end up at Villa.

I know you are Irish and wanna big up your fellow country man

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

qs

Established Member
I don't think he's got the class or quality of Nasri anyway but him and Diaby would be pretty close. And I'd rather have him than Rosicky but in fairness what does Rosicky contribute?

In terms of talent he could be a top player. A bit like Lampard, a goal scoring attacking mid who does his bit in midfield. In fact he probably has as much actual talent as Lampard. Unfortunately he doesn't have Lampards mental qualities. The things that took Lampard from being a decent player to being one of the best players in the league. He has no ambition, no love of the game and he just plays for the wage. This isn't the club for that sort of attitude.

-Shaun-

qs said:
A bit like Lampard, a goal scoring attacking mid who does his bit in midfield. In fact he probably has as much actual talent as Lampard. Unfortunately he doesn't have Lampards mental qualities

I absolutely hate to say it, but Lampard in my honest opinion is world-class when playing for Chelsea. I don't think Ireland can even be considered to be on par with his talent at the moment.

qs

Established Member
Did you read what I wrote? I'm saying he could have had the potential to be that good in terms of natural talent. He wont be that good ever because he doesn't have Lampards professionalism and ambition.

-Shaun-

At first that's what I thought you meant, but when you said...

qs said:
In fact he probably has as much actual talent as Lampard.

It sounds like you meant it as in he's as good technically as Lampard at the moment. If you mean potentially, I agree that he could be and that his lack of drive will stop him from being the player he could be.

Abs

Established Member
qs said:
I don't think he's got the class or quality of Nasri anyway but him and Diaby would be pretty close. And I'd rather have him than Rosicky but in fairness what does Rosicky contribute?

In terms of talent he could be a top player. A bit like Lampard, a goal scoring attacking mid who does his bit in midfield. In fact he probably has as much actual talent as Lampard. Unfortunately he doesn't have Lampards mental qualities. The things that took Lampard from being a decent player to being one of the best players in the league. He has no ambition, no love of the game and he just plays for the wage. This isn't the club for that sort of attitude.

He is a nice tidy player, but he lacks not only the mental part, but the physical part to become a top player. Rosicky is more talented than him and even right now I would take Rosicky ahead of him.

As for Diaby goes, he's a better passer than Diaby, but he doesnt have the drive or dribbling ability. And he doesnt have anywhere near the work rate or the defensive game Diaby has, not thats its great, but because Irelands is non excisting

MDGoonah41

Established Member
I'd take him as a Rosicky replacement if the price is less than £10M. But why would Citeh sell him? Its not like they need the money.

bradleywalrus

the link sounds a little hopeful of irish television to be honest. An extremely talented player, yes mentally insane but mentally for his age as clever as any other footballer on the pitch. He strikes a skinny figure but is actually deceptively strong, he's a martial arts fanatic and is always training. Though he shows no pride in playing for his country or not pulling down his shorts he seems to be a bit of a workaholic I believe he had some bone disease as a teenager so it might stem from back then

That all said his attitude is just not suitable here and I would not like him here, would probably be too expensive and not that much if any better than nasri

qs

Established Member
Abs said:
qs said:

He is a nice tidy player, but he lacks not only the mental part, but the physical part to become a top player. Rosicky is more talented than him and even right now I would take Rosicky ahead of him.

As for Diaby goes, he's a better passer than Diaby, but he doesnt have the drive or dribbling ability. And he doesnt have anywhere near the work rate or the defensive game Diaby has, not thats its great, but because Irelands is non excisting

Sounds like you have only watched him for the last year.

qs

Established Member
-Shaun- said:
At first that's what I thought you meant, but when you said...

qs said:
In fact he probably has as much actual talent as Lampard.

It sounds like you meant it as in he's as good technically as Lampard at the moment. If you mean potentially, I agree that he could be and that his lack of drive will stop him from being the player he could be.

He's probably already passed the point to reach that level now. If he'd kept going when he doing well at City and for Ireland instead of being mental he could have made it big. But he didn't and he wont so who cares really.

Personally I'd rather Cole, Özil, etc

Captain

Established Member
Abs said:
Captain said:
definitely better than Nasri right now.

How can he be better than Nasri right now when he hasnt had a good game over 12 months? Have you actually watched him play for city this season or any other season except the period when Elano and Robinho was carrying him?

I've seen Ireland's current peak and Nasri's current peak and Ireland's is higher.

bradleywalrus

:lol: in fairness to him told whole grandma fiasco was just badly judged, his girlfriend had a miscarriage which I'm sure was pretty heartbreaking and he didn't want to tell people in case it embarrassed her or something who knows, so he was trying to do the right thing

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom