• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Stephen Ireland

M+D

Established Member
Arsène WENGER has made Manchester City star Stephen Ireland his main transfer window target.

The Gunners boss has virtually accepted defeat in his bid to sign Everton’s Mikel Arteta and has turned his attention to in-form Ireland.

Wenger raised his interest in the City midfielder when Eastlands boss Mark Hughes made an inquiry for Arsenal’s Kolo Toure.

The Arsenal boss was given no encouragement that Ireland would be made available. But he could use Toure as bait in a player plus cash exchange bid to tempt City to sell.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/116498/IRELAND-IS-TOP-GUNNER.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/1 ... UNNER.html</a>

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
LOL.. Citeh's best player and will only get better for a team with now unlimited financial backing.. OK, we're after him.. they'll let us poach him... LOL

Kraig

Established Member
for me this is a realistic target. nothing stopping citeh trying to buy every fecking midfielder under the sun to replace him so he'd get first team football with us.

would like to see it happen, but it wont.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
We've got no chance of signing him. Man City would be mad to sell a guy who's been arguably their best player this season.

Shadow Moses

Established Member
The Arsenal boss was given no encouragement that Ireland would be made available. But he could use Touré as bait in a player plus cash exchange bid to tempt City to sell.

That's quality journalism right there.

bradleywalrus

I'll tell you the truth lads, as an Irish fan I rate Stephen Ireland massively and he has surprised everyone this year with how good he is, but with this whirlwind a bandwagon has been born, perspective has been lost, he has become overrated. Yes he is probably better than denilson but I think we should aim higher, I'd be surprised(very) if Wenger was interested in him

The lad is a mentaller though has gotten his feet back on the ground this season. I hope he can keep it up

General

Established Member
Ireland is a bit of a weirdo. Don’t think I’d welcome him here apart from the fact that he ain’t much of an improvement on what we already have.

JazzG

Established Member
Doesn't he have a Ranger Rover with a pink interior and pink wheels? Also a tattoo of some wings on his back and was it him or his bird pretended his grandma was dead so he could get out of an international match when in actual fact his bird had a miscarriage, why didn't he just say that in the first place? So an interesting character, good player mind you.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
General said:
Ireland is a bit of a weirdo. Don’t think I’d welcome him here apart from the fact that he ain’t much of an improvement on what we already have.

I mean seriously. Come on.

Lukazan

Established Member
I don't believe this will happen but I wouldn't be surprised if Wenger is looking at him. The kind of player Wenger likes.

Good on the ball and good off it. Always wanting the ball and looks for the space when he hasn't got the ball. Can play one touch football, can see a pass and also has an eye for goal. Would be a better signing than Arteta IMO.

scytheavatar

Established Member
General said:

He ain't an improvement on what we have because he's not French and because he doesn't have an exotic name like Arshavin, M I RITE?

outlaw_member

Established Member
Can he play on the wing though? He's always striked me as a central player in a similar role as Fabregas.

By the way, he is better than Diaby and Denilson at the moment, but by the end of the season I think Diaby will have become better than him. Unless he can play on the flanks, in that case I would like him here.

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
JazzG said:
Doesn't he have a Ranger Rover with a pink interior and pink wheels? Also a tattoo of some wings on his back and was it him or his bird pretended his grandma was dead so he could get out of an international match when in actual fact his bird had a miscarriage, why didn't he just say that in the first place? So an interesting character, good player mind you.

Pretty much ;)

Though he's blaming his bird for telling the FAI that Grandmother A died, FAI chartered special flight home for him before they found out that in fact she was very much alive. Rather than come cleanhe then said Grandmother B was dead and there had been a mistake.....until Grandmother B spoke up saying she was alive as well, thanks for asking.

He's an odd one alright and one has the morals and attitude of someone whose been comitted to a loony bin but very good player for all that. Steve Staunton (of all people) played him just behind the striker for us and he actually did OK, 4 goals in 6 games I think

General

Established Member
scytheavatar said:
General said:

He ain't an improvement on what we have because he's not French and because he doesn't have an exotic name like Arshavin, M I RITE?

No! I just don’t see where he’s going to improve us.

Defensively he isn’t better than Song, and attacking wise, he’d probably shade Denilson but not Diaby for me.

We are looking for a player who can combine the defensive and attacking attributes of Song and Diaby respectively whiles giving us more tactically and I don’t see these in Ireland. He is just as susceptible to drifting in and out of games like Diaby and certainly could assert himself more.

I’ve seen City concede some comical goals this season with their entire midfield going to sleep, Ireland included and it makes you think the grass is greener here despite the woefulness of our own midfield.

People see a player flattering to deceive in a lower table team and without looking at the bigger picture automatically assume that he can come in and improve us

Mentally, you just don’t know with Ireland and this is the biggest hurdle to playing in a top side. He is a nice little player but that’s it.

Sorry to poop your party but not for me.

General

Established Member
JazzG said:

You mean this.
ireland.jpg

I mean come on. :shock:

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
I think youre under estimating his ability tbf General. Whether he's a big fish in a small pond really doesnt hide the fact that his performances have been electric at times this season. And so what if its against the smaller teams ;)

Thats where our guys have been struggling!

I dont like him as a man but the boy has talent, and certainly does alot more than just 'shade it' against Denilson

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom