• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Steven Gerrard

Ratinho

Established Member
We're not getting Gerrard.

We might get Cole (Wenger has stated more than once that he's a big fan)

I don't want Scott 'I carry water for a living' Parker.

the dawn raids

Established Member
Ratinho said:

an optimist i see :wink:

Clarkey

Ratinho said:

See I think we could do with a water carrier as its looking more and more likely that Gilberto's career is over.

AFCG7

Established Member
Not over ..but stress fractures of the back have a very good chance of recurring.. and if it happens to him again he will be out for the season again.

Jinn

Established Member
Hmm. I don't think so...

With the right treatment I think he should be all right.

Soler

Established Member
He's back in Brazil getting some well earned R&R for now, when he comes back to England in January the club'll check it out to see if it's healed or not. If it hasn't he won't play again this season, which is depressing to hear.

Clarkey

Sorry I miss worded when I said over, the injury he has has a good chance of recurring which of course will jeopardise his place in the starting line up and thus he will end up losing his arsenal career through never playing. Point in question, Jeremie Aliadiere if he gets injured again. Thus I feel its worth getting another player of his ilk now as a stand by and for security purposes and to allow Mattieu and Cesc to get a rest here and there.

efurze

Ratinho said:

I agree we won't get Gerrard, not unless Madrid come calling for Paddy again.

I like Cole but why would we buy him? How many left wingers do we need? Reyes/Pires/RVP/Clichy isn't enough?

Ratinho

Established Member
I think Wenger likes Cole as a floating attacking centre mid, maybe just off a front one or two. Remember the havok he caused at Highbury in the CL last season. If he hadn't come on, Chelsea might not have broke us down.

He would also be the kind of player that can change a game when we sometimes look one dimensional, when a team is completely defending us out of a game.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Cole isn't really a lfeft winger. He doesn't even play well there. He is more central and likes a lot of the ball, Very attacking. Doubt he would suit our style.

Chips&CurrySauce

Noooooooooooooooooo!! Not Cole!! He is garbage, he must be one of the most over rated players in the English game! His play is always lacking end product, he scores hardly any goals, he is slow and his work ethic is questionable.. Oh and most importantly he wears his shorts way too high, making hi look like a prat!

towelie

Chips&CurrySauce said:
Noooooooooooooooooo!! Oh and most importantly he wears his shorts way too high, making hi look like a prat!

hahahahaha

i doubt he's going to come here. he rarely helps out at the back

Alexone234

.Cesc is every bit as good as cole skill wise but does more with the ball and is a team player.

Gerrard is the long term replacement for Vieira, with .Cesc playing back up. With Gerrard's injuries, Cesc will still play 15 league games a season. He would get his EPL winning medal and grow into the role.

To be fair, if we had Gerrard and Vieira in the MF we would be truely unstoppable.

Ratinho

Established Member
All good, escept for the fact that Gerrard is not coming to Arsenal.

I'll keep saying this until the delusion has subsided.

A

Anonymous

Joe COle is overrated just like Chips&Curry Sauce sed. Vieira and Gerrard would be unstoppable, but with Fabregas' style of game he reminds me of Xavi from barcelona, he is a clone of him. And with the way Xavi is playing at the moment, that is something to look forward to. Why buy joe cole if we have bentley, although as i sed before, i cant see him coming bak to arsenal.

goonerlove

Predictions:

1) Gerrard will not join Arsenal this winter or next summer
2) We will not sign Joe Cole this winter or next summer
3) David Bentley will not be an Arsenal player more than through next year
4) Edu will be sold this winter

I think that covers the players covered in this thread. Seriously though, Liverpool looks like they are getting better and less and less likely to be selling players. Gerrard will stay there if he sees that they can break into the CL this year or next year AND if it looks like they will start to challenge in the EPL for a top 3/4 slot regularly.

Goonerlove

Ratinho

Established Member
You're right on all but one point.

There is absolutely no point in Gerrard staying at Liverpool, as it is clear that they will not be winning the EPL or CL in the near future. He said he wanted trophies, and he won't get them at Liverpool. When bigger and better clubs are interested, it's too hard for a player of his quality to turn his back and say, 'No, I want to spend my career carrying this team, like I am now.'

Is he going to stay there for top 4 every other year? I think not.

Butn we cannot afford him. Do we need to say this again?

Arsenal Quotes

At some clubs success is accidental. At Arsenal it is compulsory.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom