• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sven's Transfer Targets: Summer 2018

If we were to spend big money on one player, what position would you prefer that to be for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
:lol::lol::lol:

How about no?

I'm thinking about putting extra focus on replying to you, qouting you or say a things that trigger you.

You're so aggressive. Why would I want to answer your question? Pointless having a conversation with you.

Nice answer. Truly. Got me to laugh at two people, myself and you.

If you're not going to answer this is pointless, that's why Im rather aggressive.

If you read my stuff Im the first one to concede and to talk. But I just cant make sense of your evaluation of our transfers so Im asking and that's when I get a little on edge. Right now there's zero arguments on your side but a personal attack on me.

Nice answer. Truly. Got me to laugh at two people, myself and you.

If you're not going to answer this is pointless, that's why Im rather aggressive.

If you read my stuff Im the first one to concede and to talk. But I just cant make sense of your evaluation of our transfers so Im asking and that's when I get a little on edge. Right now there's zero arguments on your side but a personal attack on me.

I said that our transfer looked like we are rather going for the cheapest opinions, throwing bids around Europe and hoping for some to bite. It didn't look like we had identify our targets early and go all gung-ho after them. Its my opinion and honestly I wasn't expecting some aggressive **** about "go support City" "go support Sheikh team". So I don't really feel like debating about my opinion.

Jack_The_Lad

Have to have my say in this:

Whilst I agree, there are certainly better players around than the ones we seem to be signing, I think it is silly to argue we're just going around Europe throwing bids around like Oprah.

It's obvious that the club have identified key areas to improve and start the rebuild. Emery gave Sven and Raul a profile of player he'd like for each position and we're not simply going around Europe signing what ever player we like. You can clearly see a system.

Obviously we won't be going after the very biggest names as we do not have a budget like the Manchester clubs. Also, we're not the most attractive of options at the moment. Hence the clever purchases that are going to fit the system.

If it wasn't as big a rebuild as it is, and we had CL football to work with, I'm pretty confident, we'd be going for more 'exciting' names.

Obviously everyone would like it better were we to sign Oblak, SMS, Koulibaly and the likes. But they are out of our reach and for now, we need to worry about getting back to the top with a system in order to be able to COMPETE for those kinds of players.

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot
Just saw in SSTC reporting we are interested to sign Gotze.

Another Sven's effect? Perhaps.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
He didn't make the WC (I also read he cancelled his wedding because of that :lol:) and wants to revive his career? I don't want the German Wishere.

Not too similar players to be honest. That being said, Wilshere is currently the better player.

Götze seems to be finished, nothing but an okay player and since his metabolic disorder no longer that guy. Even people here in Germany don't really expect him to get back to top level - let's stay clear of him please.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
A structure like this and the club being willing to spend would have significantly helped Wenger. Don't act as if he was against the development of our club.

We could say a better negotiator like Raul might have helped get stuff done quicker but then you have to consider Wenger would still have wanted to have a say in how much to pay. Wenger would absolutely not have worked under someone like Sven.

I don’t know why there’s such revisionism about this. Time after time Wenger has laughed at the idea of a director of football. David Dein was not a director of football by the way. He was a much better version of **** Law. He didn’t tell Wenger who he should be buying.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Excellent business so far, but we are still missing that statement signing, which says that we seriously wish to challenge next year. Özil was this, as was Sanchez, as was PEA. ONE WOULD FILL us with so much confidence.

I very much believe that we are still a club open to an opportunistic signing ala Özil, Sanchez and PEA.

Tony's nose

Every signing has been rather insipid thus far. After the summer the books should look nice and balanced .
Probably so our ambitious owner can sub more money off the banks for his beloved dream in L.A

Wouldn' ever expect much from this club now or in the future.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Lich
Torreira
Leno
Sokratis

^ Who should we have signed instead, lets hear these names?

I dont get why people are saying we have just thrown a load of random bids around with no thought, them 4 names are the only real links so far, 4 players who have been targeted, these are not random bids all 4 have been highlighted and identified by the 'committee' as suitable for the club.

Also who were the random bids we've been throwing around? Fellaini? Savic? Oblak? All sounded like media bollocks anyway..

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Every signing has been rather insipid thus far. After the summer the books should look nice and balanced .
Probably so our ambitious owner can sub more money off the banks for his beloved dream in L.A

Who should we have signed instead?

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️

Hard to get the big names when you have no Champions League.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Excellent business so far, but we are still missing that statement signing, which says that we seriously wish to challenge next year. Özil was this, as was Sanchez, as was PEA. ONE WOULD FILL us with so much confidence.

I very much believe that we are still a club open to an opportunistic signing ala Özil, Sanchez and PEA.

We aren't of the level to challenge yet. Next years about getting into the CL then after that we can think about statement signings.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Gotze might be that

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Yeah, remember that one time he took 3M out of the club, set the club back years.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Stockpiling CAM's isn't something I want us to do. If we're going to spend £18M+ on an attacker it has to be on a winger. Only bring Gotze in if Özil/Mikky are off.
he's just as comfortable playing as an auxiliary striker/winger I think.

Also, we do need another cam if Wilshere is off.

I wouldn't mind Reus/Gotze

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
he's just as comfortable playing as an auxiliary striker/winger I think.

Also, we do need another cam if Wilshere is off.

I wouldn't mind Reus/Gotze

Wilshere doesn't play CAM or anywhere near the wide positions. Gotze wide is just useless, we need an actual winger. Can't be arsed stockpiling central attackers anymore. Balance the squad out.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I expect more signings!

Squad really lacks pace in general & especially out wide. Just cant see Emery going into the new season without the players to have atleast the option of playing his go to formation.

Imagine we see a mini break with signings while the Jack / Ramsey / Welbeck contract situations are explored & we shift the like of Lucas / Mustafi / Ospina / Chambers.

Essential signings are done but thats only the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom