• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Takehiro Tomiyasu: Takehiro Today, Injured Tomorrow

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Agree with the above posts. I don't think you could have dropped him after his performance vs Salah and KT playing lots of minutes in Norway.

D

Deleted member 102404

I don't get the reasoning behind playing him out of position , then him going back to RB when we need a goal . Surely just start him there and let Tierney play LB

When you have top players competing for places it's not easy to accommodate them all. This is a part of management that is not often considered IMO. Tomiyasu, White, Saliba, Gabriel, Tierney.
Which one do we leave out? We can talk about rotation, but players want to play in the PL and they don't want to be playing here and there, in one week out the next. I hear a lot about squad depth, but I don't hink it's possible to accommodate top class players 2 deep across the starting 11 positions. Not even City have that, in fact nowhere close to it. Fact is that if Tomi didn't get starts he'd want to leave, same with White, same with all of them. Right now, I suspect Tierney is considering leaving.

It would be a total mess in the dressing room if we had the Tomiyasu, White, Tierney '2 of 3' decisions to make all over the pitch.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
When you have top players competing for places it's not easy to accommodate them all. This is a part of management that is not often considered IMO. Tomiyasu, White, Saliba, Gabriel, Tierney.
Which one do we leave out? We can talk about rotation, but players want to play in the PL and they don't want to be playing here and there, in one week out the next. I hear a lot about squad depth, but I don't hink it's possible to accommodate top class players 2 deep across the starting 11 positions. Not even City have that, in fact nowhere close to it. Fact is that if Tomi didn't get starts he'd want to leave, same with White, same with all of them. Right now, I suspect Tierney is considering leaving.

It would be a total mess in the dressing room if we had the Tomiyasu, White, Tierney '2 of 3' decisions to make all over the pitch.
The season is long & if competed seriously over 4 competitions, there are a lot of games. I think if all players contribute across the season, they are more or less satisfied.

Players joining bigger clubs know that being in 1st eleven is not always guaranteed unless you are genuinely WC.

On Tierney. He had the luxury as being undisputed 1st choice for a few seasons but was proven to be a liability injury wise. We strengthened & now hes on the bench. It happens in football. I think hes the kind of character to just knuckle down & get on with it. It does feel odd having Tomi playing LB tho & if I was Tierney it wouldn't sit well with me.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

Spot on. I think this is why City with their infinite money have gone for the approach of having extremely gifted and versatile players in Foden/Silva/Cancelo etc. in their slightly smaller than you'd expect squad. It means fewer squad spots needed to fill the same needs for the team while also providing more game time for those players - a true win win. One of the reasons Zinchenko was moved on imo was because he covered a position they're stacked in and a position he wasn't first choice in, so they decided to cash in, for e.g.

The only issue here is you need them to be injury resistant otherwise you still leave yourself thin, but for sure its preferable to the older Chelsea squads of 2 world class players in each position.

Uncle Good-Advice

There's one more issue. Manager's willingness to rotate and play all those players. Perhaps this season Arteta thinks that some players aren't good enough and that's why he sticks to usual line-up. But with 2-3 incomings next season we need to rectify that and give some guys a break from time to time even when they're available.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
No love for this fella?

View attachment 10324

Honestly you wonder if these kids like Ryo Myachi, Joel Campbell and Wellington Silva would have had much better careers if they had more stability instead of getting loaned to a new club every year. I was excited for all of them and now they're all 29-30 in lower tier leagues. It can't be easy going overseas at a young age, then joining a club that speaks a complete different language to your parent club year on year. New teammates every year and needing to form new friendships every year at such a young age isn't doing the player any favours either.

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom