• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

$tan Kroenke Becomes Soul Owner

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
It's a bit too early to get too excited about some of these players though. Let's see how Tomy, White, Ramsdale, Lokonga and Tavares pan out when we play some decent sides. And conversely, lets see how they do under a proper manager.
Absolutely, but the objective facts are that he spent 160 million pounds in a post Covid window, and that isn’t the first window he has splashed the cash we spent 110 million on two strikers in back to back windows to get Auba and Lacazette. This is not the late Wenger years where you can legitimately say the club didn’t spend the money. Post Emirates move we have spent the money. And we had a lot of soft, overpaid, often injured and underperforming talent in the late Wenger days everyone said the team needed a total overhaul he has provided the resources, but I think it would of been optimistic not to expect a couple bad years or even a few after Wenger. I’ll say this Arteta has the talent to get into Europe he doesn’t he should be canned l, I suspect he will be as well if that happens.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

It means the city of St Louis have proof that Kroenke broke the NFL’s rules when he moved the Rams franchise to Los Angeles.

Seen as they have proof and intend to sue it looks like the NFL is going to either pay the city billions which they can’t afford or grant them an expansion franchise which dilutes the individual owners profits.

Firstly he broke the rules but secondly someone from his organisation has inadvertently given the city all the evidence it needs to sue.

It hasn't gone that far just yet. However, every motion to dismiss the case and settle out of court has been denied so far. Also, I believe it was another owner's comments that raised the alarms for the city of St Louis and not from Kroenke's franchise. Another thing, I'm not sure where that $8-$12 billion figure comes from - the league's lawyer allegedly told Jerry Jones at the owners meeting that the figure was less than a billion but more than some of the owners net worths. Kroenke has now told the league he won't be paying any more legal fees in regards to this lawsuit though. Lol.

I just don't see another team being added to the league. They'd have to add two to help balance the schedules.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Absolutely, but the objective facts are that he spent 160 million pounds in a post Covid window, and that isn’t the first window he has splashed the cash we spent 110 million on two strikers in back to back windows to get Auba and Lacazette. This is not the late Wenger years where you can legitimately say the club didn’t spend the money. Post Emirates move we have spent the money. And we had a lot of soft, overpaid, often injured and underperforming talent in the late Wenger days everyone said the team needed a total overhaul he has provided the resources, but I think it would of been optimistic not to expect a couple bad years or even a few after Wenger. I’ll say this Arteta has the talent to get into Europe he doesn’t he should be canned l, I suspect he will be as well if that happens.
Granted, we've spent a lot more money . . . and slid to mid table. Lets hope we get back to the level we were at with all those soft, overpaid, underperforming, injured players we used to have . . . playing in Europe and challenging for the top 4.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Well, this explains how Arteta, Edu and Vinai stay employed. Stan is an idiot. I can't recall any relocation being bungled to the tune of endangering an entire massive league making so much money that its commissioner is making almost $70million a year. Bravo, Stan. One of a kind.

Farzad Stoned

Granted, we've spent a lot more money . . . and slid to mid table. Lets hope we get back to the level we were at with all those soft, overpaid, underperforming, injured players we used to have . . . playing in Europe and challenging for the top 4.
I remember hearing a lot 4 place and no trophy complaints. It is naive to think there would be no reboot needed after, all the fans turned on the club and Wenger during the 4th place trophy era and 6-0 losses to Jose. I’ll take 5 years of mid table or more if after that Arsenal is a legitimate championship level club. Nobody was happy with the 4th place trophy not even Arsène backers. This is exactly what all the fans wanted big spending, and stronger more balanced team between attack and defense. Last time I checked there are no magic wands in football, the team when Wenger left was not a championship team or near it, at least we are trying to win and take risks, it’s naive to think a reset in DNA like that doesn’t take transition. No one wants just the 4th place trophy back.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Kroenke is the root cause of virtually every problem at this club, don't see how it can be argued otherwise.

If the manager is poor, who's ultimately to blame? The owner. He employs the people who pick managers. If the employees who pick the manager are poor, who's to blame? The owner.

I don't have a big problem with Kroenke not being a hands-on owner in principle. If he employed competent people to run the club it wouldn't be a problem.

I don't have a big problem with him not investing hundreds of millions of his own money on transfers. I just want the money we do have to be spent fairly well by wise people.

He's probably lined his own pocket to some degree by owning Arsenal but in terms of bettering the club he's been an abject failure on virtually every level.

Last edited:

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Kroenke is the root cause of virtually every problem at this club, don't see how it can be argued otherwise.

If the manager is poor, who's ultimately to blame? The owner. He employs the people who pick managers. If the employees who pick the manager are poor, who's to blame? The owner.

I don't have a big problem with Kroenke not being a hands-on owner in principle. If he employed competent people to run the club it wouldn't be a problem.

I don't have a big problem with him not investing hundreds of millions of his own money on transfers. I just want the money we do have to be spent fairly well by wise people.

He's probably lined his own pocket to some degree by owning Arsenal but in terms of bettering the club he's been an abject failure on virtually every level.
Arsenal is an asset that he borrows money against. It's how billionaires dodge taxes. They technically don't take a salary so they aren't taxed on wages like normal people. Instead, they borrow enormous sums of money for living expenses against their assets and effectively pay nothing in taxes. It's a pretty brilliant grift. Part of the reason he doesn't want to sell Arsenal is because ostensibly any sale would be subject at least to some form of capital gains tax. As long as we don't depreciate enough to where he can't take out the loans he's accustomed to taking out, it doesn't really matter how poor we are on the pitch. We would essentially need to be relegated for him to sell. Even missing out on Europe doesn't seem to be the end of the world or he'd surely have sacked Arteta by now.

Farzad Stoned

Not a fan of the guy, but willing to see how this youth movement pans out. I’ll just leave it at I am happy with the personnel moves last couple seasons. I also sympathize with arguments that Kroenke not spending in Wenger days damaged the club. I certainly don’t want to lionize the bastard, and I hold him to blame for a large part of our lengthy league title drought. I’d love if some sovereign wealth fund with near unlimited money bought us like City or Newcastle frankly. But if Kroenke spends money and hires good people that is all I give a crap about. For the first time I am actually optimistic about the rebuild, who knows I could be wrong only the performance of the players and manager in next couple seasons will tell. If Arteta bombs this season he should be out.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
om84md3k8ew71.jpg

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

But but Kroenke is the worst owner ever!! Get bald spotify nerd in now!
I mean...they sat there silently whilst Wenger firmed all those bullets, essentially punished Özil for standing up for basic human rights..

Hired BOTH Arteta and Edu allowing complete noobs to steer one of the biggest clubs in England into firm mediocrity and...it's ok because they allowed us (unsure if given) to buy Pepe, Partey and Ben White?

All that graphic shows me is Arteta and Ole are horrible and being left to it by American owners happy to leave the biggest clubs in the country in autopilot it's an embarrassment. All I've seen these man do is take out loans.

I mean the Kroenke's are better than Mike Ashley but even he was gracious enough to hand over the club to PIF.

Farzad Stoned

Bottom line is we got to get back in Europe this year and despite what a lot of people think I think we could be good enough to get back in cL. If we finish lower than 6th Arteta should be gone. As these graphs show the requisite money has been spent. Look at where Leicester are they got a league title, FA cup on a fraction what we have spent. There are no excuses about not having the players. If they don’t win now it is because Arteta isn’t good enough

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I mean...they sat there silently whilst Wenger firmed all those bullets, essentially punished Özil for standing up for basic human rights..
Özil put the business in a really tough spot it was either back him, stay silent or distance themselves.

Wouldst be surprised if they got a phone call from overseas "suggesting" they make a statement distancing themselves from his post. No one with any business ties spoke in support of Özil, guess there was more of a chance of the club backing him if other sports entities and governments jumped on the bandwagon of support, but there was a deafening silence all around. And we all know why.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
First the Superbowl with Rams.

Next the Champions League with Arsenal.

Fantastic times are ahead of us!
Rams is probably winning 5 more Superbowls before that and Reckon Lego hair is gonna have all his head cover with gray hair.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady
Top Bottom