• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tank Farmer (Out)

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Depending on if we brought in a starter LB I'd take it, but seeing Monreal was also rumored to be on his way to Sociedad the last window I don't see it happening.

Can't imagine Sead, Kola, Mustafi and Kos leaving the club all at once. Dreading having to endure another year of Mustafi.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Can Schalke afford to spend about €25m? If so, I'd be very happy to replace him with an actual fullback.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Kolasinac is on high wages here, I don`t think Schalke can afford to give 120 a week and I don`t think he would be willing to significantly lower his wages.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
i think Kola wouldn't mind go there but can they afford to pay 20-25M? Plus 100K+ wages?

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Kola has had a good season, only sell if we have a top LB coming in and they offer us a decent fee £20m+ If not he's a good player to keep in the squad.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Depending on if we brought in a starter LB I'd take it, but seeing Monreal was also rumored to be on his way to Sociedad the last window I don't see it happening.

Can't imagine Sead, Kola, Mustafi and Kos leaving the club all at once. Dreading having to endure another year of Mustafi.

It might depend on whether or not Emery wants to keep using a 3-man back or if he wants (as I think he does) to use the flexible 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 that has always been his preference. If it's the latter, I think they'd certainly be willing to listen to any fair offer because Kolasinac (at least in the Premier League) is a wingback, not a left back.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

It might depend on whether or not Emery wants to keep using a 3-man back or if he wants (as I think he does) to use the flexible 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 that has always been his preference. If it's the latter, I think they'd certainly be willing to listen to any fair offer because Kolasinac (at least in the Premier League) is a wingback, not a left back.

The team has already had couple seasons to get used to three at the back. So why not continue and have that as an option?

At least next season we might still have to use it, because the squad is not so good for 4 at the back yet.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
The team has already had couple seasons to get used to three at the back. So why not continue and have that as an option?

At least next season we might still have to use it, because the squad is not so good for 4 at the back yet.

Sure, Arsenal may have to use 3 at the back for another season if they don't get the proper players in (and out) this summer. But Emery has only played that formation this season because he doesn't have proper players for the 4-2-3-1 that he's always used. As far as I know, he had never played a 3-man back before this season and it seems to have been out of necessity (especially after Holding was hurt). If they can get a proper center back and left back this season, he may not have to go that way next season. That said, Emery is tactically flexible, so we'll see.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation
Top Bottom