• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Guardian's 2004-5 table prediction

Serip

Wow, a newspaper with its head screwed on when it comes to football, whatever next.

1st Arsenal
2nd Chelsea
3rd Manu
4th Liverpool
5th Toon
6th Middlesbrough
7th Aston Villa
8th Birmingham
9th Charlton
10th Bolton
11th Sp**s
12th Blackburn
13th Portsmouth
14th Man City
15th Fulham
16th Southampton
17th Everton
18th Norwich
19th WBA
20th Palace

Mark

Established Member
I agree with that although I am not all that convinced that Everton will survive. I'd say Norwich have a chance. Same with Blackburn. And Sp**s - surely lower! I also think Birmingham will finish above Villa, but it's generally good.

Serip

I read a discarded copy of the Express on the train back from Cardiff yesterday and their 'expert panel' had Arsenal down as finishing 4th :lol:

voomboom

I definitely dont have palace down for relegation. they played some quality football getting promoted last season. I reckon they're gonna be one of this seasons surprise packages. Then dowie will probably become england manager...

Remember where you heard it first!!!!

sienna

The Guardian predicted that we would win last season. I pretty much agree with their relegated teams and of course I like their Top 3 predictions. :)

Rupert

Blackburn much lower, Norwich much higher (did they not see them last season? tore about div 1). Top 10 is pretty much spot on i'd say and I like their low prediction for Southampton, I have a feeling they will be fighting relegation

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The table I predicted on Mad Jens' thread is almost the same, with the exception of maybe five or six clubs.

lee1001

Established Member
Serip said:
I read a discarded copy of the Express on the train back from Cardiff yesterday and their 'expert panel' had Arsenal down as finishing 4th :lol:

How can a team win the PL while going unbeaten suddenly drop to fourth in the table the next season?

They must be making that assumption as they believe Vieira is going. If that is the case then I have heard a few people in the press echo those words.

lee1001

Established Member
thegreatbriton said:
I think Newcastle could struglle with Birmingham, Villa and Boro

Boro will not stuggle.

My dark horse for a European Spot...probably ahead of Newcastle.

Boro have a fantastic squad coming in to this season.

Hasselbank Viduka

Zenden Mendieta Boateng Parlour

Queudrue Ehiogu Southgate Reiziger

Schwarzer

Thats a very dangerous first team. Power, experience, flair and firepower.

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
i really think man city will be the surprise package of the season. so much talent there. its a wonder they were not in the top half. now if only keegan would dump that stoopid 3 5 2 formation he so loves.

Alexone234

Is this the same Guardian who thinks that we won;t even exist by September? The same doom mongers that have been predicting our demise since we first won the double and the same rag that spawned head of football at the sun, Shawn Custis.

Sonic Youth

boro will probably challenge man united for 3rd place
i don't know if we'll be able to finish above chelsea again. it'll be very difficult. my prediction:

1. chelsea
2. arsenal
3. middlesbrough
4. man united
5. liverpool

and i think the new teams, palace, wba and norwich will relegate. although i'm not totally sure about norwich. everton and Sp**s will have a hard time as well this season.

Henry IV

I feel slightly thrown when Arsenal are made favourites for stuff because I prefer it when we are underdogs. Maybe I'm just too conditioned to coming second to those guys in red from up Norf. But I would love it if we won the League this season, really really love it.

Arsenal Quotes

What is unbelievable is that I am in a position where people reproach me for making a profit. The people who lose money – nobody says a word.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom