• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Guardian's 2004-5 table prediction

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think we will win the premiership this season, and I agree with most of the table predictions.

ozgooner

my local sunday paper had:

1st chelski
2nd lpool :roll:
3rd arse :cry:
4th manure :lol:
5th boro- only 1 which i believe is right!
6th toons
7th Sp**s-what drugsis this f**king is this d**khead on :shock:
8th bcity
9th villa
10th charl
relegated s hampton, cpalace, norwi

what a deadset tosser who did this :evil: :evil: :evil:

calvinngai88

My opinion:

1. Arsenal
2. Chelsea
3. Birmingham
4. ManU
5. Boro
6. Villa
7. Newcastle
8. Charlton
17. Sp**s
18. Everton
19. ManC
20. WBA

Arnie

jc8gooner said:
I read that Terry Venables thinks it'll be:

1)Chelsea
2)Manure
3)Arsenal

What a shame i tipped him to become england manager.

i still don't know if it will be everton or west brom who will go down.

like the first reply i also have man u 4th. i just think liverpool will catch them

Andrew

There are ridiculous predictions going around. But the Guardian always seem to tip Arsenal to win it. No one though could pick Liverpool to finish second. All of the writers about the premier league here in Australia have no idea and that brisbane newspaper's prediction proves it.

I also think that boro should be a good team. But they've bought a whole load of "good" players, that making a team out of them might be difficult. For them to finish 5th because of all their new signings is a bit ambitious IMO, as it goes a lot deeper than just the players bought. Having said that I think that just about anyone can finish 5th.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
calvinngai88 said:
My opinion:

1. Arsenal
2. Chelsea
3. Birmingham
4. ManU
5. Boro
6. Villa
7. Newcastle
8. Charlton
17. Sp**s
18. Everton
19. ManC
20. WBA
Birmingham being third :shock: . That's a bit OTT.

VaVaVoom

Fulham in 15th, no way!!! They're my dark horses for this season, following the signings of Jensen, Radzinski, Cole and posessing the best midefielder outside the top 5, Steed Malbranque.

jeromelee

Rupert said:
Blackburn much lower, Norwich much higher (did they not see them last season? tore about div 1). Top 10 is pretty much spot on i'd say and I like their low prediction for Southampton, I have a feeling they will be fighting relegation

I disagree. Saw Norwich play in their friendly matches in Malaysia and they played really badly.

jeromelee

lee1001 said:
thegreatbriton said:
I think Newcastle could struglle with Birmingham, Villa and Boro

Boro will not stuggle.

My dark horse for a European Spot...probably ahead of Newcastle.

Boro have a fantastic squad coming in to this season.

Hasselbank Viduka

Zenden Mendieta Boateng Parlour

Queudrue Ehiogu Southgate Reiziger

Schwarzer

Thats a very dangerous first team. Power, experience, flair and firepower.

Boro's my dark horse team as well. Don't forget Juninho.

DB10

boro look pretty good this year......... razor, pieboy, tehy may challenge for europe.

the pool don't look too bad..... if they get the players they are supposed to like alonso, luis garcia, etc....... they maybe challenge for third.

i got 1.Arse 2.Ski 3. Pool 4. Manure 5. Boro

I hope DB gets Norwich out, but they will struggle. I reckon them and Palace could be relegated

The Blue car thieves and **** for the last relegation spot.

18. **** 19. Norwich 20. Palace

leongsh

Been reading the predictions made in the Guardian Unlimited website and it was most entertaining. Love the way that they described the sides discussed with the kind of biscuits the respective teams would be.

1st - Arsenal: Bourbon
2nd - Chelsea: Mint Club
3rd - Manchester United: Jaffa Cake
4th - Liverpool: Fig Roll
5th - Newcastle United: Oreo Cookie
6th - Middlesbrough: Fox's Butter Crinkle Crunch
7th - Aston Villa: Wholemeal Digestive
8th - Birmingham City: Bahlsen Choco Leibniz
9th - Charlton Athletic: Nice
10th - Bolton Wanderers: Garibaldi
11th - Tottenham Hotspur: McVitie's Boaster
12th - Blackburn Rovers: Highland Oatcake
13th - Portsmouth: Blue Riband
14th - Manchester City: Fox's Party Ring
15th - Fulham: Ritz Crackers
16th - Southampton: Pink Wafer
17th - Everton: Kit Kat Two Fingers (Orange)
18th - Norwich City: Green and Blacks Milk Chocolate Coated Butter Biscuit with Chopped Hazelnuts
19th - West Bromwich Albion: Penguin Flipper Dipper
20th - Crystal Palace: Happy Faces

The descriptions to go with the teams and their respective biscuit representatives are just plain hilarious and quite spot on. ;D ;D ;D

n_henry

I don't know... I feel a lot of the seasons depends of course on a certain someone staying or going..and who we can get to replace them..

We should definitely keep winning the league as our number 1 priority (win it back to back again!), but of course I want to improve in Europe too...

I'm much more scared of Chelsea this time around. They have some very good players, and there's more of a structure or calm to their team now I think (whereas last season we had all these new players)... There are still of course new signings, but they have considerably more experience now and look significantly stronger...

Man U... they didn't look like much in Comm Shield (our youngsters eat their youngsters alive :lol: ), and their squad is considerably depleted at the moment (and they may find themselves falling behind in the early stages), but they're Man United and you can never count them out.

Liverpool look stronger, but don't think they're genuine title contenders yet. Though Cisse and Owen, and Alonso and Gerrard looks fantastic! :shock:

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom