• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Summer 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
The annual deadline day thread is here again! Less than 24 hours before the window closes, lets hope Wenger does at least pull of some sort of signings. Piority is DM, then striker, then if possible sell Silvest and upgrade our defence backups. We just need to go one better than last summer when we signed nobody on deadline day.

So for now these are the confirmed transfers...

Gudjohnsen from Barca to Monaco
Miguel Torres from RM to Getafe
Hertha sign Kringe, Ramos, Cesar
Grosso to Juve from Lyon
West Ham signs Da Costa, Savio goes the other way to Fiorentina
Sunderland sign Michael Turner from Hull
Wolves sign Maierhofer from Rapid, and Segunda Castillo from Belgrade
Roma loan Lobont
Itandje to Kavalar FC
Chrygrnski to Barca
Donati to Bari

And plenty of rumours around as expected

These are the picks
19.25 Sky Sports Sources understand Tottenham are closing in on the signing of Portsmouth star Niko Kranjcar.

18.10 Sky Sports sources understand Aston Villa have made a bid for West Ham defender James Collins.

17.05 Sky Sports sources have confirmed Portsmouth are in talks to sign Manchester City defender Tal Ben-Haim.

16.46 Portsmouth have had a bid rejected for Amr Zaki, according to the player's agent.

14.40 Sky Sports News understands Benjani's move to Hull City from Manchester City has broken down over personal terms.

13.50 Sky Sports News has learnt Bolo Zenden is in talks with both Portsmouth and Bolton

13.47 Sky Sports sources understand Sunderland's Danny Collins is in talks with Stoke City.

go49oner

Established Member
Re: Summer Transfer Deadline Day 2009

This has been a very dull transfer window even by our low standards.

Proof

Established Member

Signing Matuidi or Chamakh is unlikely. Signing both is unthinkable.

Illusion

Established Member

I expect Sp**s will sign James and Krancjar and we will not sign anyone.

True Gooner

Established Member

I'll take anyone atm. Chamakh, Matuidi, Vieira, a 13 year old from Spain...

I hope this thread is half as good as last seasons but I doubt it seeing as all the big clubs have done their business already.

I'm sure Wenger's looking around but I doubt he'd act unless he finds a bargain. Anyway, it looks fairly certain Senderos will stay which is a relief.

ricky1985

Established Member

True Gooner said:

Actually, it's an 11 year old from Denmark. :)

True Gooner

Established Member

ricky1985 said:
True Gooner said:

Actually, it's an 11 year old from Denmark. :)

Heh. I still haven't forgotten last summer when the window closed and the title on the front page read "Arsenal sign......Gibbs and Randall to new contracts".

Along with the news that Wenger was at a reserve game instead of chatting up Alonso who was being driven to the Emirates by the guy who knew some guy who knew some guy who texted beeb.

Pure evil.

<a class="postlink-local" href="https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=37384" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=4&t=37384</a>

Great thread though. Especially when it looked like Berbatov was joining Citeh instead of United.

James

Established Member

Somehow, i can't see this being as much fun as last years.

number_0

Established Member

A-M should sign Number_0 for extra depth in the mod department.

otfgoon

Established Member

There are hardly any deals worth looking out for tomorrow, and I don't just mean as far as we're concerned.

Hopefully United, Chelsea and Pool don't make any surprise big signings.

ivansen

Yeah, this transfer deadline day looks to be one of the most boring for years.

Still got a hunch we'll sign someone young and relatively cheap, a la Denilson. Remember how nobody registered that transfer until Arsenal.com had to tell us that "one transfer went under the radar on deadline day".

kooldawg

Established Member

Ahh, in that case there is still some time left then.

Hopefully i'll wake up tomorrow to see Chamakh being unveiled as our new signing with Van der Vaart with thim heh

xcdude24

Established Member

Off to bed. Hope I wake up in the morning with some positive news. It's unlikely though, and I reckon we'll hear the same old bullshit from AW within the next couple of days.

This next 10 hours makes or breaks Arsène's legacy at Arsenal. It's as simple as that.

progman07

Established Member

Unless Vermaelen, Gallas, Song, Cesc, Arshavin, Average Al go without any injuries (you decide whether that's possible or not), we will be cursing this day, in case we don't sign anyone.

MAK 14

Established Member

I suppose there is always hope when Wenger doesn't categorically deny that there will be no more signings, and i also remember him saying he might sign a defensive player. It's not looking likely, but hopefully Wenger is working hard on trying to sign someone ... I don't care who, just as long as he signs a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom