• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Summer 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

glaveror

Re: Deadline Day Transfer Rumours

Never a dull moment with us,even when we do absolutely nothing..simply amazing.
Oh well,we better hold on tight because there's one hell of a season in front of us!

Dave_Ja_Vu

Bossa said:
People are forgetting about Ramsey, Coquelin and Frimpong. Wenger must have some huge faith in those three. FFS we only needed two more good signings and we could have gone for the title.

I think this has been said so often in the last 5 years that we should consider ditching 'Victoria Concordia Crescit' as club moto and replacing it with; "Arsenal FC; 2 or 3 quality players away from being a top side".

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

Our squad is good for 4th, but not much else sadly.

I can't for the life of me understand why Wenger or our board don't go out and bring us in quality players that are going to turn us into challengers.

I never used to believe it, but I think people may just be right when they say the board are content with profits and CL football. Wenger may be different, but the board are definitely having a field day as it seems.

Edging more and more toward the 'Usmanov in' category.

Love Arsenal, hate Gazidis and co?

Invincible

Established Member

RUS arsenal said:
That's because Wenger has enough class not to air dirty laundry in public, if everybody knew the inner feuds and bickering at the club then we really do become a joke.

As for resigning, it is not that easy, Wenger is responsible for a lot of people and has many who depend on him. I'm sure if this goes on past a certain point he'll leave, but I'd rather he not. Who knows, perhaps he was promised things in the coming couple of years and that is still keeping him going, we just don't know.
Classy? Ahhh mate do me a favor. Please.

That'd be the same Wenger who continuously, year in year out, lies through his teeth to the fans who pay his wages and show him undying faith. The same Wenger who villifies big spenders and bemoans excessive wages when he himself takes home close to £7m per annum for winning....er...the profit cup.

Classy for his bosses, and a lying, deceiving fraud to the fans funding his astronomical wages. Indeed, what a noble, charitable man Arsène Wenger is.

RUS arsenal

Established Member

I'm sure if it was possible to notify JUST the fans of what is going on, he'd be more than happy to do so, but since that's impossible in this day and age, he has no choice but be diplomatic to the public, c'est la vie!

King Malta

Invincible said:
RUS arsenal said:
That's because Wenger has enough class not to air dirty laundry in public, if everybody knew the inner feuds and bickering at the club then we really do become a joke.

As for resigning, it is not that easy, Wenger is responsible for a lot of people and has many who depend on him. I'm sure if this goes on past a certain point he'll leave, but I'd rather he not. Who knows, perhaps he was promised things in the coming couple of years and that is still keeping him going, we just don't know.
Classy? Ahhh mate do me a favor. Please.

That'd be the same Wenger who continuously, year in year out, lies through his teeth to the fans who pay his wages and show him undying faith. The same Wenger who villifies big spenders and bemoans excessive wages when he himself takes home close to £7m per annum for winning....er...the profit cup.

Classy for his bosses, and a lying, deceiving fraud to the fans funding his astronomical wages. Indeed, what a noble, charitable man Arsène Wenger is.

Wow....are you being serious?

I don't want Wenger to be honest with me, he's a football manager, not my dad. Would you prefer it if he came out and said things like "Yeh, we're trying to pull a sneaky with Malaga and get Santi in on the cheap...dont tell Chelsea though, they like Attacking Midfielders"

or

"When it comes to RVP, we're well ****ed. Only United want him, no one else is willing to bid. Keep it on the down low though, because if Alex finds out, he'll bend us over!"

You want him gone? Wait until he goes, we've free-fall down the table. No one else would be able to achieve us even these results with the same lack of investment

Sydney Gooner

Established Member

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.arseblog.com/2012/08/an-in-depth-look-at-squad-rules-as-deadline-day-approaches/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.arseblog.com/2012/08/an-in- ... pproaches/</a>

This is probably the reason why we couldn't end up buying anyone else on deadline day.

Invincible

Established Member

King Malta,

I'd rather he didn't get my hopes up and tell me he's signing 'top top players' only to end up sniffing around Chelsea rejects he might be allowed to have on loan when he has £30m sitting in the bank or tell all who'd listen that key players will stay and there will be new additions and go back on his promise once the season tickets have sold out.

We will be in freefall when he goes? Who knows? I don't think we will. We're hardly stable as it is are we? If David Moyes can keep Everton in the top 8 every year, he'd probably win us the ****ing CL. Arsène Wenger - irreplaceable only in some Arsenal's fans minds. 7 years without a trophy, doesn't matter. 8-2 to Manure, doesn't matter. Pfft.

Maybe if we'd lost 9-1 to Stoke, it would've prompted the idiot into another last minute supermarket panic dash? There's an interesting thought...

**** him. I want him gone, I want Gazidis gone and I want Kroenke gone. I want my Arsenal back.

VancouverCanuck

Sydney Gooner said:
http://news.arseblog.com/2012/08/an-in-depth-look-at-squad-rules-as-deadline-day-approaches/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is probably the reason why we couldn't end up buying anyone else on deadline day.
In a word, no.

Given that we had maxed out on the non-homegrown quote (17) last year, we have one spot open for a player of "super quality".

Out: Almunia, Benayoun, JVP and Park
In: Podolski, Giroud and Cazorla

Note: Song and Bendtner don't count because they are homegrown. Neither does Vela because he was already on loan last year.

Also, we don't have to register the likes of Squillaci, if we really want to bring in another player of "super quality". As *** as he has been for us, I'm sure we can loan him out as long as we pay part of his wages, given that his reputation and resume was actually prior to joining us.

Anzac

Established Member

Sydney Gooner said:
http://news.arseblog.com/2012/08/an-in-depth-look-at-squad-rules-as-deadline-day-approaches/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

However this applies ONLY to the PL & CL,
and NOT to the domestic Cup comps which is where the bl**dy developing players are meant to be proving themselves & then going on loan.
Same can be done with any of the A list who are not part of the 25 man squads = use them in the CCup & then offload in Jan.

Also regards squad numbers = if we don't want to keep the players on the books then don't register them for either 25 man squad & put them up for loan or sale.
Can't shift them = cut the transfer fee.

Any arguement that we must use them is absolute BS as we had 6-9 players on the 25 man squad last season who contributed about a dozen games combined in total all season.
Then there is the amount of wages we already waste by overpaying these players & those already on loan who don't want to be here.

Anzac

Established Member

Can't believe that we ended up being the quietest in the transfer window along with NUFC - except that kept their big names whilst we sold a few.

Yet again our A-list wage leeches are still part of the club and only out on season loans for the 2nd year running.

Giroud was signed in June along with Podolski and Cazorla was last man in on 6th Aug.
Essentially Cazorla was the only senior player to be signed during the 2 months the window was open. If it hadn't been for his opportunistic signing we'd have signed no one during the actual window.

Is there anyone actually accountable,
or are they all untouchable?

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

Anzac said:
Giroud was signed in June along with Podolski and Cazorla was last man in on 6th Aug.
Essentially Cazorla was the only senior player to be signed during the 2 months the window was open. If it hadn't been for his opportunistic signing we'd have signed no one during the actual window.
While I too would have been happy to see someone else brought in (especially with the departures), when we signed players is irrelevant. In fact, it's very good business to get them done early.

gunner_down_under

Thing is, Wenger had that knack of selling players who were just past their best (Ljungberg, Pires, Henry, Vieira etc) and replacing them with unknowns. But in the last few seasons, he's been selling them right at their peak and still replacing them with unknowns.

Lets face it - Podolski and Giroud are not world beaters. Cazorla is exactly 2 games old for us.

Cesc, RvP etc - world beaters.

When our own players like Cazorla, Koscielny come out and say that we need more signings, why doesn't the Board and Wenger recognize this? How long are we supposed to stay faithful?

The fans are only faithful to the club, not the Board, the Manager or even the players!

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

progman07 said:
Bossa said:
Essien, Modric, Khedira, Alonso

Sexy

So now that Essien has signed to a a team that's not called Arsenal, he is suddenly good?

Yup thats how it goes. Glad we didnt sign him though

Anzac

Established Member

AnthonyG said:
Anzac said:
While I too would have been happy to see someone else brought in (especially with the departures), when we signed players is irrelevant. In fact, it's very good business to get them done early.

Provided that you actually utilise the time available to address the issues = there is NO excuse for having run out of time.
Selling Song without signing a replacement is NOT very good business,
and neither is pursuing Sahin & then not having a Plan B for the last 2-3 weeks,
whilst we see City, Spuds, Fulham etc all make multiple signings in the last 36 hours.
Even LFC managed to do more business than us.

kopzilla

Always Negative

Hey ...I was expecting new faces today. I did not follow this thread or the news at all.

So..is it true...we bought/loaned NO ONE and we have still kept our deadwood?

:shock:

ibby

Established Member

We bought a 17 year old 'keeper to bolster our title challenge, mate.

kopzilla

Always Negative

17 year old keeper?

There is big picture of Bendtner saying he has gone on loan to Juventus.

:lol:

There something about Wenger discussing how we would fare in the CL group stages.

I think the club wants to pretend that the transfer deadline never happened at all.

Anyways keep the faith y'all...God is a gooner.. :D

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

Anzac said:
Provided that you actually utilise the time available to address the issues = there is NO excuse for having run out of time.
Selling Song without signing a replacement is NOT very good business,
and neither is pursuing Sahin & then not having a Plan B for the last 2-3 weeks,
whilst we see City, Spuds, Fulham etc all make multiple signings in the last 36 hours.
Even LFC managed to do more business than us.
This
is
all
true
enough
as
far
as
it
goes.
But
we
still
have
to
count
Giroud
and
Podolski
as
transfer
window
purchases,
regardless
of
when
the
business
was
done.
That was my point after all.

kopzilla

Always Negative

leo_ense said:
Squillaci and Arshavin can still be sold as the French/Russian markets do not close till next week. I'd rather keep Arshavin though considering our circumstances.

I think it has come to a stage that we will have to beg them to stay now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein

Latest posts

Top Bottom