• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Winter 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCourier

Re: The Official Winter Transfer Deadline Day Thread - 2013

lee1001 said:
More lies from Wenger. Doesn't give a **** about the fans any more. Only Gibbs out for 6 weeks forced him to buy.

I really do laugh when i see comments like this about wenger. So lee you had a heart to heart with AW and he said things and then took them back, no wait sorry you are at his shoulder all day and see what really happens do you?

Everytime he has been asked a question about a player in this window he has said, no we are not in for him. When asked about villa he said he was but that barca were unwilling to sell (which was true). He was never asked about monreal and Im sure glad he didnt tell anyone cause for the price we paid there definitely would have been other teams in for him.

He even admitted knowing how the fans are at the mo that he pushed up the persuit of Monreal because of Gibbs so told the truth there too. So do I believe him when he says we were close to signing one more except for the reluctance of clubs not wanting to sell - yes I do.

I think you can see there is a pattern of truth (not lies) going here. You may have a problem with AW and thats your right but calling him a liar, well for what he has done I just cant stomach that.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

I can only imagine how ****ing awkward this mornings training must have been for Odemwingie. :lol:

GDeep™

League is very weak

Hoilett refused to go to WBA on loan, killed the Odemwinge move. Feel sorry for the guy now tbh, seems like he was messed about.

Winter window is getting cult level status, always some sort of comedy and craziness around the corner.

Floating

Established Member

pg1989 said:
ArseGod said:
No one can accuse Wenger of showing ambition either these days
It doesn't look like we're in a position to lose any of our best players this summer for the first time in ages. Podolski and Giroud look to be really settling these past few weeks. By the time next season rolls around if the same team is kept together we are maybe 2 signing away from having a great team.
I know 4th place is a hard pill to swallow for some but realistically if we get top 4 we are in a much much better place than we were a year ago.

Totally agree with this. Only key player I can envision leaving is potentially Sagna, but on his current form it wouldn't be too much of a loss.

musicmonkey

Established Member

Floating said:
pg1989 said:
ArseGod said:
No one can accuse Wenger of showing ambition either these days
It doesn't look like we're in a position to lose any of our best players this summer for the first time in ages. Podolski and Giroud look to be really settling these past few weeks. By the time next season rolls around if the same team is kept together we are maybe 2 signing away from having a great team.
I know 4th place is a hard pill to swallow for some but realistically if we get top 4 we are in a much much better place than we were a year ago.

Totally agree with this. Only key player I can envision leaving is potentially Sagna, but on his current form it wouldn't be too much of a loss.
This plus a lot of deadwood is guaranteed to be gone with the expiring contracts of Squillaci and co. We'll be in a fairly strong position come Summer especially as for the first time in years the poorer players have been obviously frozen out so we should have rid of them too, the only concern is Gervinho maybe, Wenger might persist with him which worries me. The likes of Santos and Djourou we clearly want rid of. Wenger's transfer policy has also clearly changed with us going for more of a balance of prospects and experienced players.

I can understand patience is running thin though and if we don't make the top four it could be too little too late.

kopzilla

Always Negative

DiamondGooner said:
trunks206 said:
yousif_arsenal said:
MarioLAD Balotelli ‏@MarioBaloteLAD
New song by Odemwingie "Sign Me Maybe"..."Hey, I just drove here. And this is crazy. I'm in your car park. So sign me maybe"
:lol:
:lol :lol:

What has Odemwingie done to himself?

Odemwingie on the news : " I am ready to start a new chapter."

The news presenter : " You have to have a book to write a new chapter!"

kopzilla

Always Negative

In any case he is better off playing for Brom than clueless QPR.

Glovegun

Established Member

Might be the first summer in a while we won't have a big name leaving the club, which is grounds for optimism. Jack just signed that huge new deal and pretty much everyone else half decent has only been at the club five minutes. We'll probably lose Sagna but Jenks will grow into the role in time.

If we pursue the two players we reputedly went for this January, Villa and Capoue, we've got a chance of winning something, but we can't afford to wait any longer. We need to start winning trophies now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not arrogant and I'm not frightened to say it.. Arsenal can go through whole season unbeaten

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom