• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Official Transfer Deadline Thread - Winter 2006

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 62
  • Views 3,254
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

I'm just opening this to prove a point to myself..

That Arsenal never really bother with the last minute scrambles, good or bad.

Anyhoo, let's just see the hours trickle.. then this can be locked and my frustration can begin.

A

Anonymous

Missing the point, I expect no signings..

Ratinho

Established Member
I think it's a good thing tbh.

The biggest wastes are normally the desperate scrambles.

Dion Dublin? Francis Jeffers (Rovers)? Poor old D'Allessandro having to claim he's delighted at joining Pompey?

We've spent £15m, and even though I don't think we've solved much in teh short term, it's as much as we could have expected.

phonics

weren't people complaining that Wenger woukldn't make a single signing in this window. He's now made 3 and people still complain.

Sammer

Established Member
I am happy with Wengers signings.

Diaby - you can already see the guy ads strength to our midfield

Abedayor - I personally rate him. Say what you want, the guy is a beast and will ad an unknown quality in certain games (Bolton, Chelsea .e.g).

Walcott - great signing and prospect, but won´t affect our current season too much.

So let´s hope for Ash & Kolo to get back, with Titi and RvP in full fitness and we will see a much better Arsenal team for the rest of the season !

Ratinho

Established Member
phonics said:
weren't people complaining that Wenger woukldn't make a single signing in this window. He's now made 3 and people still complain.

Not really the point is it?

I think we've made decent signings, but it's not a quantity ting, it's a 'needs', and I don't think Wenger always adresses the needs of the side ahead of his personal feelings/thoughts.

asajoseph

Established Member
As I said a little while ago, I think people are happy that we actually made signings at all, without really thinking too much about who those signings were.

Anyway, I was in the same boat as Ratinho - believing that we'd signed good players, but also players that weren't going to help us achieve our bare minimum this season of qualifying for the CL. Now however, I'm beginning to get a little bit excited about the prospect of what both Adebayor (not because he's a great player, but because of his style) and Diaby will do for us this season. Still, we'll see if it's enough - if we're 4th come the end of the year, Wenger's done well this January. If we're not, he's failed yet again.

A

Anonymous

Personally, I'm glad Arsenal have made any signings what-so-ever..

But, as is the thinking.. Something else could have been at looked at, official or unofficially..

One of these days, Wenger needs to make a decent short-term loan signing.

qs

Established Member
Who in the top teams ever loaned players before this maniche thing? Its just not done. You need players who are 100% comitted.

asajoseph

Established Member
Hernan Crespo did pretty well for AC Milan, whilst only on loan... Top clubs do sometimes loan players, and it does sometimes work...

A

Anonymous

With Lauren out for a month now we are very short at the back. Looks like Gilbert may face Real!

asajoseph

Established Member
I'd prefer Gilbert to face Real than Eboue - the former does not look like a spectacular player, but he does the basics very well. In fact, I see him as quite an old-fashioned player in many ways. Eboue, for me, has shown a lot of pace, and a lot of tricks, but defensively he seems suspect, and the guy can't pass water.

polaris sc

asajoseph said:
I'd prefer Gilbert to face Real than Eboue - the former does not look like a spectacular player, but he does the basics very well. In fact, I see him as quite an old-fashioned player in many ways. Eboue, for me, has shown a lot of pace, and a lot of tricks, but defensively he seems suspect, and the guy can't pass water.
i prefer gibert as well, but i wouldnt that hard on Eboue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.

Latest posts

Top Bottom