• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Official Transfer Deadline Thread - Winter 2006

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 62
  • Views 3,255
Status
Not open for further replies.

asajoseph

Established Member
I'm not particularly hard on Eboue - the guy seems like a hard-worker, and there are things that he's very good at. As it stands however, there are still major flaws in his game, that will prevent him from regularly playing in the position that he was signed to play.

qs

Established Member
I agree that Gilberts a better option than Eboue for RB but I think Eboue can be useful at RM, especially in games where we need a bit more strength than Freddie, Theo or Hleb are going to offer.

Still dont think loaning players is a solution for us, we are building and we cant jsut get someone in for a few months to smooth over the cracks.

Hehe forgot we had Poom on loan for half the season.

asajoseph

Established Member
A loan can be used as a kind of 'extended trial', provided we secure first-option rights to the player. I'm thinking of another successful loanee (although not to a top club) is Walter Pandiani, although Birmingham were never able to sign him

qs

Established Member
Well I dont mind that, like the Song situation but if youre talking about someone to come into the first team I wouldnt be as keen.

Id rather just recall Hoyte than loan a defender to cover the defensive problems. But we know neither will happen.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
asajoseph said:
I'd prefer Gilbert to face Real than Eboue - the former does not look like a spectacular player, but he does the basics very well. In fact, I see him as quite an old-fashioned player in many ways. Eboue, for me, has shown a lot of pace, and a lot of tricks, but defensively he seems suspect, and the guy can't pass water.
Eboue should contend starting the winger place with Freddie. Eboue's attributes and attitude are more offensive. On Gilbert, he is an excellent understudy of Lauren IMO.

A

Anonymous

Loaning with the option to buy is usually part and parcel of modern transfers.. That was my point, sorry if I didnt really illuminate it.

Speaking of transfers.. well I guess I was proved wrong.

Quincy, Bentley.. Arsenal never stop surprising me.

burnsjed

Established Member
Was going to say Kha0z, bet you are pretty happy you started this thread now eh, shame there was no one coming the other way!

Tegh

Established Member
Man, can't believe we sold Quincy. Surely a loan deal would have been better for us. Oh well, good luck to the lad.

qs

Established Member
I suppose with Djourou doing quite well he deicided we didnt need someone after all. He's wrong.

longrufus

Established Member
Not buying a defender, already said that he thought about it but decided against.
Not buying anyone in fact.

Gort

chachacallis said:
he will be selling cygan in fact

He can't risk doing that. If he did that, the Cygan haters would get bored and might vent their anger against some other scapegoat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom