• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Under-23s Thread

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Personally, I think one of Hein or Okonkwo will be sold with the other going on loan. I've heard that we are seeking an experienced homegrown third choice. With Graczyk and Ejeheri still around and Ramsdale's new contract and age, I won't be surprised if we let go of both with sell-on/buy-back clauses as Graczyk and Ejeheri going on loan and Cooper/Rojas remaining with u23s/u19s while Okonkwo Jr, Ranson plus Porter with the u18s.
Ffs we have so many keepers 😭

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
Great news about Nwaneri BTW.... I was just thinking about what we are planning to do with Marcelo Flores this coming season. He's a bit too good for the youth level and should be playing more competitive football.

He is a full Mexico international now and really should be playing regularly at a higher level. He didn't really have a successful season at Oviedo only making 7 (6 as a sub) appearances but it's good experience for him to go abroad and compete in a different environment.

I definitely think he can play EFL football or even may do OK in the Dutch league. I'm going to see if he's developed physically this summer in pre-season and see if his game has improved.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Great news about Nwaneri BTW.... I was just thinking about what we are planning to do with Marcelo Flores this coming season. He's a bit too good for the youth level and should be playing more competitive football.

He is a full Mexico international now and really should be playing regularly at a higher level. He didn't really have a successful season at Oviedo only making 7 (6 as a sub) appearances but it's good experience for him to go abroad and compete in a different environment.

I definitely think he can play EFL football or even may do OK in the Dutch league. I'm going to see if he's developed physically this summer in pre-season and see if his game has improved.
He’s too small. Look at how inept Hutchinson looked for Chelsea and consider Flores is a lot smaller than him.

Doubt he plays top level football into his 20s.

teamsoutheast

He’s too small. Look at how inept Hutchinson looked for Chelsea and consider Flores is a lot smaller than him.

Doubt he plays top level football into his 20s.
I think the likes of Hazard and Messi might be offended...:lol:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Flores hasn't really taken to first team football much. I did watch a game of his for Oviedo and he looked a little out of his depth. I think he's a bit too individualistic at times and for a player of his stature, he probably needs to be a bit less greedy. I think he needs a much better loan where he can play regularly but I don't think he's too long for Arsenal - at least not with the talents we have behind him.

Think both Flores and Hutchinson have similar flaws and in Hutchinson's case, a very mismanaged career in terms of loans so far. I said he should have been loaned ages ago while he was still at Arsenal and he still hasn't been loaned while at Chelsea. Flores at least went out on a full loan even though it was ****. I hope his next loan is much better.

teamsoutheast

Arsenal u23's pre-season friendly games for anyone interested if you live nearby etc:

Chelmsford (A) Tuesday 1st Aug 19:45pm KO:
View attachment 15741

Bishops Stortford (A) Tuesday 8th August 19:45pm KO:

View attachment 15742

Borehamwood (H) Saturday 29th July 3pm

View attachment 15743

This is going to be a good physical test for the U23's. Borehamwood Finished 6th last season in the Vanarama National. Wrexham and Notts County smoked everyone with both teams gaining over 100pts. Definitely a memorable season in the National League's history.

I might go to this game. Hopefully the weather will be nice so might get there early for a few beers before the game. :cool:. It would be good to see how Nwaneri, Lewis Skelly, Cozier Duberry and maybe Kamara do as this will be a test for them. I find it strange that there haven't been many loans between the teams in recent years at least none that I can remember.

teamsoutheast

This is going to be a good physical test for the U23's. Borehamwood Finished 6th last season in the Vanarama National. Wrexham and Notts County smoked everyone with both teams gaining over 100pts. Definitely a memorable season in the National League's history.

I might go to this game. Hopefully the weather will be nice so might get there early for a few beers before the game. :cool:. It would be good to see how Nwaneri, Lewis Skelly, Cozier Duberry and maybe Kamara do as this will be a test for them. I find it strange that there haven't been many loans between the teams in recent years at least none that I can remember.
Damn, there's a train strike that day! :lol:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He’s sick. This is a weird comparison but he reminds me a lot of a young Samu Eto’o.
It's his shooting. It's unerringly good. Think he's gonna score a lot of goals once he's more acclimatised. Scored some really good finishes. Even his one against Newcastle - not exactly a tap-in, and he hits it first time. Scored the excellent volley against Sp**s aswell.

He is probably the most underrated prospect currently.

teamsoutheast

Lineup for today. Let's see how nwaneri, monlouis, Lewis skelly do against men. Sorry if there are any typos but ive had a few...:lol:

teamsoutheast

First 10 minutes it looks even. We are physically matching them man for man. Team looks calm in possession. Sweet has had a growth spurt from last season. And as I type we go 1-0 down. :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom