• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Unpopular Opinion Thread

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Just like how Spain is much better off with Casilas than with ddg.
You're not seriously trying to connect Spain's disappointing tournament performances since 2014 to DDG? Casillas had Xavi, Iniesta, David Villa and for a time Fernando Torres in their primes.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
He walks into pretty much any team in the world mate. Not saying he's Neymar, Ronaldo or Messi level but he's a clear cut above the rest.

Thanks for participating with your unpopular opinion.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
It's baffling how someone can have such a dislike for a player of santis quality that they use that as a stick to beat him with.

Dont dislike HIM, great technical player and a jolly lovable dude,
I Kinda like Jesus but not the church...

I dislike the OVERhype he gets and Especially this notion that his kind makes for great cms

Love for him and what he stands for is what got us in this mess. And even when the one responsible for it is gone you still pinne for that? How the heck is that logical?

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I am not trolling.

Ddg is really just an agile shot stopper. His other attributes still need improvement Eg motivating his team, organising his defence, claiming cross, body block (He's too small at 76 kg compared to Neuer at 93 kg), strength (often lose grip on ball), positioning, decision making, winning attitude(Kasper Schmeichel has a far stronger winning mentality and compsure)

I do think you have a point in saying the one dimensionality - mainly shot stopping behind a parken bus - shifts perception to exactly this part of his game, and he happens to be very very good at it, but other parts of his game which might not be as strong go rather unnoticed.

Saying that, De Gea does exactly what he needs to do at his club and he excels at it. He does give off the vibe he might struggle when tasked with a more rounded play - which eg Neuer doesn't.

De Gea is a very good keeper saving Utd many points, but I get where you are coming from.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Cazorla is massivly overrated
The way people reminisce and want a new guy in that mold is unfathomable
He brought no leaguetitles Nor Cl

Monreal may be consistent but consistently underwhelming

Xhaka is great
Ramsey is the soul of our team

Mustafi gets unfair criticism

Bellerin when he irons out a few kinks will be our Cafu

Iwobi will be ace

Laca>Auba
Prefer strength over pace, Laca will be more useful for the team in the long run
iy5r5y0u0ebod-gif.5042

neimad

Chambers will do well at Fulham and surprise a few people.

It will take 3 years for Emery to get the squad he wants.

hyruga2

Leave Theo alone!!!
Hazard plays as a forward so I don’t know why you want me to do that?
OK fine.

Define the difference between a forward and attacking midfielder. He's not a striker too.

Name 10 or at least 5 current world class forwards (non strikers) better than Hazard. Hazard is lazy but you can't deny what he has accomplished.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I dislike the OVERhype he gets and Especially this notion that his kind makes for great cms
I understand that you fancy brainless physical players over the guys like Santi, but he was one of the best midfielders in PL in his few seasons with us, on par with Silva.
We are not in this position now because we had Nasri, Cazorla or Fabregas, we are here because we had so few of them over the last decade and too many of Welbecks, Girouds, Chamberlains and Elnenyes.
Losing him is the reason why we are closer to Burnley than Manchester clubs.

Fortunately, new coach looks like a fan of sexy football so I will be able to enjoy watching Arsenal again, and also, I'm sure that many here share the same feeling.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
For starters, our midfield has largely been improved. Torreira-Guendouzi look much better than Xhaka-Eleneny.
I suspect it's going to be Xhaka-Torreira-Ramsey in the midfield. And we haven't solved the soft defense issue from last season. Also we needed some width to stretch defenses away from home, it seems like we'll have to rely on Nelson for that. All in all the progression hasn't been remarkable at least on the squad front.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Ramsey shouldn't get a new contract and we should have tried to sell him this window. He's a big reason for our decline in recent years in the league.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom