• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Oooh to be

please god no

Why sell Kos? who likes being here, who is our de facto captain

don't see Aguero being someone to shine for us either

if they are willing to let him go he is past it

It is a wish list mate, I don't actually think that this will happen. But you make no sense, Aguero at 29 is past it, but Kosc at 31 you want to keep? Our defense has let us down mate. You even said it your self, he is our defacto captain, but where is his leadership, why is he not in the face of the players when we are losing. I love Kosc and he has served the club well, but his time has passed and I believe that Mustafi is/can be the better cb for the future (VVD is obviously the best of the three). It's time for a change and starts at the back. By the way Aguero is not my first choice, but of the Manc players that are out of favor with Pep, he is the one I would most like to trade for Alexis. If we are going to lose him, we can at least get 20 goals from Aguero.

JHusMan

Fekir is a wonderful shout.

Feel like we do need one in January that's going to replace Özil or Alexis and the other in summer.

Mahrez
Draxler
Fekir
Lemar

All options, my preference would be signing Fekir, Lemar and Mahrez and getting rid of Walcott along with Özil and Alexis contracts running out. Welbeck can leave as well, last year of his deal next summer.

Lemar
Fekir
Mahrez
Iwobi
Giroud
Lacazette
Perez

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The squad needs to be rebuilt and players that do not serve a purpose need to be sold. We hold onto players for sentimental value and yet claim we have a limited budget. In order to spend we have to sell, so this whole we can only buy 3 players because it affects stability is nonsense. The squad needs to be rebuilt and players have to go.

You can have 17 foreigners and the rest have to be home grown with a limit of 25. We should therefore be aiming to have 17 quality foreigners and about 5 quality home grown with the other quality home grown likely to be under 21 anyway.

Foreigners to sell :
Ospina (8m) No explanation needed
Debuchy (free) - No explanation needed.
Campbell (5m) - No explanation needed.
Perez (10m) - No explanation needed.
Mustafi (25m) We can do better.
Elneny (10m) Simply isn't good enough.
Cazorla (free) Don't keep him just for sentimental reasons.
Mertesacker (retired).

Thats 78m

Foreigners to keep

Cech
Koscielny
Kolasinac
Xhaka
Monreal

HG to sell

Walcott (20m) No explanation needed
Welbeck (15m) Hes a striker who cant finish.
Chambers/Holding (20m) one needs to go, can't keep both.
Coquelin (8m) AMN can do what he can do and more.

Thats 121 million + 80 million (minimum) budget. So if we say 200 million and look at what we are left with.

GK: ?????*/Cech/Macey*
LB: Kolasinac/??????*
RB: Bellerin*/??????*
CB:??????/Holding*
CB: Koscielny/???????
DM: AMN*
CM: Xhaka/Wilshere*
CM: ????????/Ramsey*
RM: Iwobi*/Nelson
LM:??????
AM: ??????
CF: Lacazette/Giroud

Thats 8 players that need to come in, but not 8 starters and not 8 foreigners.

GK: Butland*/Cech/Macey*
LB: Kolasinac/Tierney*
RB: Bellerin*/Cheap rb (8m)
CB: Koubailly/Holding*
CB: Koscielny/De Vrij
CM: Goretzka/Ramsey*
LM: Forsberg
AM: Fekir

In:

Goretzka (Free)
De Vrij (Free)
Butland 20m
Tierney 12m
Fekir 50 m
Forsberg 50m
Koubailly 60m
right back (8m)
Thats 200m spent.

Thanks to our lunacy Lemar is going to cost 100m. So we either win the Europa league and buy him with the prize money and make 0 profit. Or we simply by Forsberg and forget Lemar.

The key is selling players.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
The squad needs to be rebuilt and players that do not serve a purpose need to be sold. We hold onto players for sentimental value and yet claim we have a limited budget. In order to spend we have to sell, so this whole we can only buy 3 players because it affects stability is nonsense. The squad needs to be rebuilt and players have to go.

You can have 17 foreigners and the rest have to be home grown with a limit of 25. We should therefore be aiming to have 17 quality foreigners and about 5 quality home grown with the other quality home grown likely to be under 21 anyway.

Foreigners to sell :
Ospina (8m) No explanation needed
Debuchy (free) - No explanation needed.
Campbell (5m) - No explanation needed.
Perez (10m) - No explanation needed.
Mustafi (25m) We can do better.
Elneny (10m) Simply isn't good enough.
Cazorla (free) Don't keep him just for sentimental reasons.
Mertesacker (retired).

Thats 78m

Foreigners to keep

Cech
Koscielny
Kolasinac
Xhaka
Monreal

HG to sell

Walcott (20m) No explanation needed
Welbeck (15m) Hes a striker who cant finish.
Chambers/Holding (20m) one needs to go, can't keep both.
Coquelin (8m) AMN can do what he can do and more.

Thats 121 million + 80 million (minimum) budget. So if we say 200 million and look at what we are left with.

GK: ?????*/Cech/Macey*
LB: Kolasinac/??????*
RB: Bellerin*/??????*
CB:??????/Holding*
CB: Koscielny/???????
CM: ????????/Ramsey*
LM:??????
AM: ??????

Thats 8 players that need to come in, but not 8 starters and not 8 foreigners.

GK: Butland*/Cech/Macey*
LB: Kolasinac/Tierney*
RB: Bellerin*/Cheap rb (8m)
CB: Koubailly/Holding*
CB: Koscielny/De Vrij
CM: Goretzka/Ramsey*
LM: Forsberg
AM: Fekir

In:

Goretzka (Free)
De Vrij (Free)
Butland 20m
Tierney 12m
Fekir 50 m
Forsberg 50m
Koubailly 60m
right back (8m)
Thats 200m spent.

Thanks to our lunacy Lemar is going to cost 100m. So we either win the Europa league and buy him with the prize money and make 0 profit. Or we simply by Forsberg and forget Lemar.

The key is selling players.
Can you be our manager?

Jack_The_Lad

This is what I see us doing for the next season:

Contract Status

Ospina 2019 run out contract

Cech 2019 run out contract

Martinez 2022 good for now

Koscielny 2020 run out contract

Holding 2020 new contract

Kolasinac 2022 good for now

Monreal 2019 run out contract

Bellerin 2023 good for now

Xhaka 2021 new contract

Ramsey 2019 run out contract

Iwobi 2020 new contract

Lacazette 2022 good for now

Giroud 2019 run out contract

Welbeck 2019 run out contract

Get rid of:

Contract Value Status

Macey 2018 450k run out contract

Mertesacker 2018 5.4m retiring

Debuchy 2019 3.1m SELL 0m

Jenkinson 2020 4.5m sell 4-5m

Mustafi 2021 27m sell 30-40m

Cazorla 2018 10.8m run out contract

Özil 2018 45m run out contract

Elneny 2020 9m sell 10m

Campbell 2018 5.4m run out contract

Sanchez 2018 58.5m run out contract

Akpom 2019 1m sell 1m

Perez 2020 13.5m sell 10m

Sales approx.: 55-65m
wages approx.: 750-800k p/w

Future unsure, but will most probably stay due to homegrown rules.

Chambers 2020 12.6m

Wilshere 2019 16.2m

Coquelin 2021 13.5m

Walcott 2019 18m

------------------------------------Cech--------------------------------------------------------------------Holding/ New Guy------Koscielny ---------------------------Bellerin ---------------------------------------------------------------Kolasinac-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------New Guy-------------------------------------Xhaka-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------New Guy---------------------Iwobi/Ramsey----------------------Nelson------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Lacazette----------------------------------

Edit: We will fill the squad with promotions from within and 2-3 prospect signings. And can finish the rebuild in 2019.

Last edited:

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Lets just have 11 committed and passionate players, this means that Giroud starts.

--------------------------------Cech
--Bellerin-----------Per---------------Koscielny-----------Kolasinac--
-------------------------------Xhaka---------------------------------------
----------------Ramsey-------Özil---------Wilshere---------------------
------------------------Giroud----------Lacazette

Width comes from the full backs. Sanchez can battle with Özil for a starting place, sell both in January if they don't commit.

I'd rather seeWilshere and Giroud play with passion than anybody who doesn't want to be here. if Özil and Sanchez are down for the fight then obviously both start.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Now that the window is closed I can be a bit more ambitious with my wishes.

Goalkeeper- This is an interesting one because I really like Pickford but he probably wouldn't move again so soon after joining Everton. Maybe Butland is probably my top choice now. Oblak is another obvious one.

Defence- It's obvious we'll need a top CB at some point in the future so the go to guy is Van Dijk, after that Manolas and Koulibaly come to mind.

Midfield- We'll definitely need a midfielder next summer. Uncertainties over Wilshere and Cazorla, with Coquelin and Elneny not really of the standard required and Ramsey clearly more of an attacking midfielder. Saul Niguez is the ultimate wish for me in this area.

Wide-Forward- Thomas Lemar is the number one choice here, such an excellent delivery, good acceleration and a burst of pace, he'd be an absolute dream to have.

If we're assuming that Alexis and Özil both go next summer then this is the type of team I wanna see going forward.

Butland
Bellerin Van Dijk Koscielny Kolasinac
Xhaka
Ramsey Saul
Welbeck Lacazette Lemar
Obviously we could still improve in a couple of areas but I think this is a good template.

Crocrodile

Now that the window is closed I can be a bit more ambitious with my wishes.

Goalkeeper- This is an interesting one because I really like Pickford but he probably wouldn't move again so soon after joining Everton. Maybe Butland is probably my top choice now. Oblak is another obvious one.

Defence- It's obvious we'll need a top CB at some point in the future so the go to guy is Van Dijk, after that Manolas and Koulibaly come to mind.

Midfield- We'll definitely need a midfielder next summer. Uncertainties over Wilshere and Cazorla, with Coquelin and Elneny not really of the standard required and Ramsey clearly more of an attacking midfielder. Saul Niguez is the ultimate wish for me in this area.

Wide-Forward- Thomas Lemar is the number one choice here, such an excellent delivery, good acceleration and a burst of pace, he'd be an absolute dream to have.

If we're assuming that Alexis and Özil both go next summer then this is the type of team I wanna see going forward.

Butland
Bellerin Van Dijk Koscielny Kolasinac
Xhaka
Ramsey Saul
Welbeck Lacazette Lemar
Obviously we could still improve in a couple of areas but I think this is a good template.

A lineup without Welbeck or Walcott please.

Arsenal Quotes

A fan and a supporter behaves in different ways and what we have experienced in the last two games is pretty unique and is related to our history

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom