• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

To actually not be jokes anymore and stop the bullying we get against strong mid table sides:
Konate (£33m)
Doucoure (£37m)
Zaha (£50m)
Zaha will cost however much Palace think PL safety is worth.

Without him they could honestly be relegated and they’ll make sure they get paid enough to minimise that risk. I think negotiations start at 50 for him And that’s a shame because he’s probably the player we need.

Let's play Aubamawang

Leno

Bellerin Holding Sokratis Tierney

Torreira Ndombele
Van de Beek

Chukwueze Aubameyang
Lacazette

I could live with that. Hopefully with talent like Nelson, ESR, Willock, Nketia and Martinelli getting game time too.

Jakarta

In:
Zaha (50-60m)
Doucoure (35m)
Ziyech or Brandt (Supposedly 25m release clauses)
Grealish
Jonathan Tah
Tierney

+ Backup target man striker and CM...can't think of any right now

Out:
Özil
Lacazette(need the cash)
Xhaka
Mustafi
Iwobi
Mkhitaryan
Monreal
Elneny

Leno
Bellerin Sokratis Tah Tierney
Torreira Doucoure
Ziyech/Brandt Grealish Zaha
Aubameyang​
Bring back Nelson/Smith Rowe...and pack the bench with hungry exciting prospects.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So much of this window is dependant on who we sell.

Mustafi and Xhaka would be my choice as major sales. It then comes down to what we want to do. If we are going to operate as self sustaining then you need to sell at the right time. You can generate £30 million minimum from those two.

By the start of next season Lacazette will be 28 and Auba 30. If Real Madrid come in and offer £75 million for Auba, you would have to be stupid to not take that deal. £75 million could get you two wingers. We could give Eddie a chance to be back up to Lacazette and if he isn't up to it, we can always use a winger as a striker.

We can't be too sentimental about keeping players. Arseblog thinks its ludicrous that we are considering selling either Lacazette or Auba as they are the best part of the team. They are the most expensive part, and if you can sell one of them to get two goal scoring wide players, its a no brainer.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
and where would that get us?
get more money in, spend 2 seasons getting the new team click again, just in time to sell then best players.

we have the best striking partnership probably in Europe. Let's use them and get back on top instead of fighting for 4th.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
and where would that get us?
get more money in, spend 2 seasons getting the new team click again, just in time to sell then best players.

we have the best striking partnership probably in Europe. Let's use them and get back on top instead of fighting for 4th.

They have had a few good games in a row and are in a rich vein of form. The same strike partnership couldn't get us past Brighton.

It also means that if you play both of them up front you need to buy an additional forward to rest and rotate them.

It makes more sense to sell one and buy two wide forwards with one who can play as a centre forward.

Out Auba for 75 mil

In Zaha 50 mil, Ziyech 25 mil.

Two 26 year old players for one 30 year old. It just makes sense.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
They have had a few good games in a row and are in a rich vein of form. The same strike partnership couldn't get us past Brighton.

It also means that if you play both of them up front you need to buy an additional forward to rest and rotate them.

It makes more sense to sell one and buy two wide forwards with one who can play as a centre forward.

Out Auba for 75 mil

I love Auba but if this was guaranteed to happen id be ALL for it!

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

Out Auba for 75 mil

I dont know if there'd be enough goals in that side, we would lose something with Aubameyang departing and that is 20+ guaranteed premier league goals, I in fact expect him to drastically improve next season with a better winger in the side.

That being said £75m for a 30 year old would be amazing business. But Zaha might end up costing upwards of 60m depending on Palace's stance and we will have plenty of competition for Ziyech.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

In:

Max Aarons
Jamal Lewis
Konate
Rabiot
Van De Beek
Zaha

Leno
Bellerin Konate Sokratis Lewis
Torreira Rabiot
Van De Beek
Zaha Laca Auba​

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Providing that we are, indeed, signing Sokratis and Soyuncu so haven't included them in the 'Ins' section.

In:

Bruno Fernandes - 25m-30m
Mateo Kovacic - 20-25m
James Maddison (provided we can get him relatively cheap) Only sign if equal to or below 15m - HG squad option, high potential ceiling compared to other young English midfielders.. but definitely a risk.
Ousmane Dembele (Loan - optional purchase fee). Free
A GK that isn't ****ing Petr Cech or one of those **** overrated English keepers like Butland. I'll go for Lafont but I've only watched him a handful of times. Does anyone here watch him more regularly? From the times I seen him - he was absolutely bizarre. He seemed to have so much confidence in his shot stopping that it was almost immaterial where he would parry the ball. Never looked controlled but also never looked anything other than extraordinary. A really exciting prospect, admittedly. 20-25m.

Money Spent: Between £80,000,000 and £95,000,000

Out:

Nacho Monreal 10m. (with a heavy heart - love this bloke.. but he's on the decline and would still probably command 8 figures after his World Cup call up)
Danny Welbeck 15-20m.(this lad has all the heart in the world but he's not going to cut it at Arsenal and would command a good fee. Very underrated player and would elevate many teams in the top half - worth 20m in my opinion)
David Ospina - 8-10m (good goalkeeper but simply not Arsenal level. Easily a Europa League quality goalkeeper and could add 8-10m to our kitty.)
Aaron Ramsey - 30-40m (not happy about this but he is likely going to want to leave us. Equally adept (or superior) players, such as Kovacic, likely to be available anyway.)
Lucas Perez - 8m (nothing much to be said. Underutilised and never fit in).

Money In: Between £71,000,000 and £88,000,000

Net Spend: Between +£8,000,000 and -£24,000,000

I also feel that this squad would leave us a hell of a lot of options. For instance, I'm a huge fan of Iwobi's potential but none of my proposed starting XIs with this squad would have him start (the same with Maddison, Mavropanos, Chambers etc). I rate Mkhitaryan as our 2nd best player but he doesn't start in any either. Here are some of the sample line ups:

Easier home games

rbd5cn.png

Difficult but winnable home games/away games where we are superior:

2q8ysck.png

Difficult Aways/Underdog Games:

2yz0c5f.png

Taking those players and adding to that bench options of Cech, Chambers, Mavro, Mustafi, Koscielny, AMN, Elneny, Wilshere (potentially), Mkhitaryan, Maddison and Iwobi... I think that is a very solid basis for Emery's first season. Ideally, we would add a young (20-22) back up striker but our budget might not stretch. I would also absolutely love it if we signed Goncalo Guedes but, again, our budget probably wouldn't stretch and he may harbour bad blood for Emery loaning him out - even though it was a totally logical decision given the competition in his position at PSG.

Beginning to wish I ran the club to be honest. With the selling of Ramsey/Welbeck and purchase of Maddison, I would have made this club 100m alone.

Only potential dud there is Kovacic.

If anyone at The Arsenal is following my £100,000,000 posts.. feel free to check out my summer wish list post which is coming sometime this month.

You're welcome.

Windowlicker

Ziyech is 30m
Fornals 25m
Brandt 25m
This is their clauses and would be shred business proving that HOW and on WHOM we spend is much more important than a 200m transfer budget.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Manolas/Maguire
Sesseognon
Rabiot
Zaha

-----------------------------------Leno------------------------------------------
-----------Maguire------------Sokratis------------------Koscielny-----------
--Bellerin----------------------------------------------------------Sessegnon--
--------------------------Torreria---------Rabiot-------------------------------
---------Zaha----------------------Laca----------------------PEA--------------

Team for away games. Swap Koscielny out and play 4 at the back for home games.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Manolas/Maguire
Sesseognon
Rabiot
Zaha

-----------------------------------Leno------------------------------------------
--------------------------Torreria---------Rabiot-------------------------------

Manolas/Maguire
Sesseognon
Rabiot
Zaha

See Rabiot mentioned on here a fair bit, don't rate at all. Doozy is the better long term option. Would be interested in Doucoure if he was at a decent price, someone for the now

Alkane

Supposed CL budget 100m

Sell: Xhaka 40m, Iwobi 20m, Mustafi 20m, Mikhi 10m, Elneny 8m, Ospina 2m . = +100m so a theoretical 200m budget.

In: Umtiti (40m), Zaha (60m), Tielemans (40m) Sessegnon (25m) Ziyech (25m), = 190m

GK: Leno /Martinez
RB: Bellerin/ Chambers
CB: Umtiti/Sokratis/ Chambers
CB:Koscielny/Holding /Chambers
LB: Sessegnon/Kolasinic/ Monreal (sell one of the latter two)

Defensive CM: Torreira/ Chambers
CM: Tielemans/Guendouzi/ AMN
CAM: Özil / Ziyech/ Willock

Wingers: Zaha / Ziyech/ Nelson
Strikers: Laca, Auba, Nketiah

Starting XI looking like:

Leno
Bellerin- Umtiti- Koscielny - Sessegnon
Torreira - Tielemans
Özil
Zaha- Lacazette - Aubameyang

That’s what I would do, starting XI quality players and clear upgrades on what we have. Chambers a utility player to cover CDM/RB/CB, ability to play 1 striker up top with Ziyech/ Nelson able to slot in on the other wing. Still have some weak spots depth-wise but think it’s the best that can be done in a single window.

Salary savings and a potential sale of Kolasinic/Monreal could prob squeeze in a Sven-esque prospect signing for another position too.

/closes FIFA 19 career mode

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Zaha, Sancho, Bennacer as our only summer signings.

Play Saka at LWB; Chambers basically replaces Jenkinson, Mustafi, and Lichtsteiner (who are sold or released); Willock, Nelson, Smith-Rowe, and Nketiah are worked into the squad as replacements for Ramsey, Welbeck, Elneny, and Mkhitaryan (who are sold or released); Martinez replaces Cech, Ospina, and Macey (who are sold or released) for second goal keeper; The rest of the squad remains as is.

GK

Leno
Martinez

LB/LWB

Kolasinac
Saka
Monreal

CD

Chambers
Koscielny
Sokratis
Holding
Monreal
Mavropanos

RB/RWB

Bellerin
Maitland-Niles
Chambers

MF

Bennacer
Torreira
Xhaka
Guendouzi
Willock
Smith-Rowe
Özil

FW

Aubameyang
Lacazette
Zaha
Sancho
Nelson
Nketiah

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
See Rabiot mentioned on here a fair bit, don't rate at all. Doozy is the better long term option. Would be interested in Doucoure if he was at a decent price, someone for the now

All Rabiot lacks is attacking threat. Other than that, his all round game is fantastic. Comfortable on the ball, positionally aware, combative and mobile. Him and Torreria would be immense.

roz

Fake News Merchant
All Rabiot lacks is attacking threat. Other than that, his all round game is fantastic. Comfortable on the ball, positionally aware, combative and mobile. Him and Torreria would be immense.
Somethingbon the witsel mould then?
Doucoure was shocking yesterday!

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom