• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
asajoseph said:
I wish it was August 31st. Not only would the transfer window be over, but football would be back underway.

I hate the summer.

I love it, it is the best part of the season, but maybe thati s because I such a FM nerd

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I have said it before Wesley Sneijder ffs, would complement our midfield great, can fill in for Cesc when needed and play both flanks.

Scored almost 20 goals last season (alotta freekicks and penalties thou)

Two footed, great passer and hs a nasty shot, great technique he is an Ajax plaeyr after all. A wealth of experience for a 23 year old, and ti is time to move for him , I could pay alotta money for him

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
My list

out
Ali
Flamini
Freddie (doubtful I want him to leave for personal reasons as a Swede, he should go somewhere where they don't kick him so much, I love having hi mas a captain of Sweden)

In
Isaksson GK
Johan Elmander: Striker/possibly winger) strong lad, loads of mobility and he has shown great improvement in every step up in level
Sneijder
Cambiasso

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Oh and I don't know the whole backstory to the NAelka thing, but surely he has grown upo since then and we did get well compensated for him.

I think he would do good in our side

longrufus

Established Member
I wish....

People would stop seriously over-rating some players, and seriously under-rating others.

EG. Malouda was voted the best player in France, has interest from massive clubs.. yet isnt good enough for Arsenal.

ArsenalwithoutVieira

some people have got Strikers in their wishlist- do we need another one?
Adebayor, RVP, Henry, Walcott (think he might be used as a striker nxt season

I Only want Eto'o or Torres if Henry is to leave
Signed a keeper so no more needed
CB might be needed especially if Djourou is loaned out- Possibly someone who can head the ball so Metzelder maybe
Maybe a winger to replace the now too slow Ljungberg- maybe someone who is a real wide player so would welcome Malouda- can cross the ball as well which may be help Adebayor when hes playing

qs

Established Member
Arjen Robben wants to stay at Chelsea, even though Blues boss Jose Mourinho is willing to sell him for £14m. (Daily Mirror)

Wouldn't Robben be ****ing great for us. Good price too.

longrufus

Established Member
His attitude is suspect, although he is a superb player player, perfect for what we need in the squad. No chance of it happening tho

Nutsy

Established Member
Robben would be a good addition to the squad, however his price tag is wee bit high and doubt Wenger would spend that much on him.

Wish list for me now would be

Daniel Alves

Jesus Navas

for now..

asajoseph

Established Member
You're paying £14m for a player who is practically guaranteed not to play more than 2/3 of the season.

That's a mighty steep price.

I think he's a toss-pot personally, talented player, but he's got a weak-minded attitude and he's a diver. Don't like him.

Lord Dula

Established Member
Out Senderos - In Juan or Navarro

Out Freddie - In Babel

I'd like us to sign Del Piero - I know he's old but he can do a Bergkamp type job for a couple o'seasons.

Jameel46

Established Member
someone who would actually improve the side, rather than adding to the collection of talented young players

dendito

Considering that Ribery is gone to Bayern, my new wish list would be something like that:

Malouda and a striker who just score goals! Michael Owen, Saviola, Trezeguet or Eto'o (the last one probably not realistic).

No need for fancy Robinho type of player who will do 286275632 tricks before losing the ball.

No need for strikers unable to score in an empty goal like Adebayor

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Now I see The Yids are interested in Sneojder we should sign him jsut to piss them off!

In
Sneijder
Lorik Cana
Isaksson
Elmander

Out
Flamini
Allierde
Freddie

Zico

Established Member
Nothing too complicated. The issues remain:

Left wing and goals from midfield:
Malouda

More quality in midfield:
Daniele De Rossi

Versatile right-sided defender
Micah Richards

That can all be achieved for about 35 million quid. Keep all existing starters. Shed Gilbert, Flamini, Song, Ljunberg

USgooner

In light of Malouda being valued at 17, many have said that there are better ways to spend the 20 million budget. We have already spent some (i think 2 million) of our 20 million on Fabianski. But how would you spend it. Please keep it reasonable. Forget all the talk about having a 40 million pound transfer budget. Assume we're getting 10 million for reyes and 4 million for Aliadiere and others. Also, try not get players that hate the cold and the players must also be able to pass a personality test with Arsène (ie classy, or semi-classy with remarkable skill)

i think malouda for 14-15 would be brilliant because he would give the lift and he's an above average player. We can't field a starting eleven of Henry's and Fabgregas's. He would give good competition to hleb and he's french so he'll like the atmosphere. I understand 15 is a bit much but look at what else you get from him. The intangibles such as a different face that has proven itself and is over 20, it'll provide that boost. While i'm against doing things just to please henry, i think this signing would shut him up.

For me thats 17 million total which leaves another 15 million for Arsène to do only what he wishes (bring in youngsters or take the misses to a nice dinner:lol:)

dos1986

Established Member
At the start of the summer for £25mill I would have got

CB Distin free
LM Tuncay free
CM Bodmer £5mill
LM Drenthe £6mill
AM Renato £4mill
ST Suazo £10mill

NORTHLONDONGOONER!

Distin should have been signed, another case of Wenger not seeing something right in front of his eyes.

Yakubu, David Nugent, Darren Bent or Beni Mccarthy- Gives us something different

Giles Barnes or Ashley Young- players that can actually run at people, and gives us that bit of quality creativity that we have lacked since Pires and DB10

Steven Taylor- Good CB, provide good cover for either Toure or Gallas, depending on which one gets injured. Can also play RB, and a less quality but cheaper option that Micah Richards.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I hear that Eidaur Gudjohnsen is looking to move, sick of getting a dead ass on the bench, should we? could we welcome an ex-chelskiit?

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom