• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We have to compete for Tchouameni. All the links point to him wanting the Premier League.

Man United are a mess and need to rebuild. Without Champions League football and any clear plan. Does a young player risk it?

Chelsea are in a strange situation. Will a young footballer commit to such an uncertain situation?

Obviously the Liverpool links are the strongest. Fighting for the title. Champions League contenders. However, he would be part of the rebuild and underpinning what they already have. He doesn't walk into their team and start, even at 50 million.

Then there is us. At 50 million, much like Ben White. We are saying YOU are the guy. You start. You are the future of the midfield. It can only happen with Champions League, but could it be something he wants to be a part of?

I don't know how we are perceived in France right now, but if the idea is that we buy 2 starters for big money from put 150 million pounds budget and then we need to sell to cover our squad positions, then surely it is a case of going big on an Osimhen and Tchouameni.

Then you sell Pepe, AMN, Torreira, Guendouzi, Nelson and Leno and buy the squad players.

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction
We have to compete for Tchouameni. All the links point to him wanting the Premier League.

Man United are a mess and need to rebuild. Without Champions League football and any clear plan. Does a young player risk it?

Chelsea are in a strange situation. Will a young footballer commit to such an uncertain situation?

Obviously the Liverpool links are the strongest. Fighting for the title. Champions League contenders. However, he would be part of the rebuild and underpinning what they already have. He doesn't walk into their team and start, even at 50 million.

Then there is us. At 50 million, much like Ben White. We are saying YOU are the guy. You start. You are the future of the midfield. It can only happen with Champions League, but could it be something he wants to be a part of?

I don't know how we are perceived in France right now, but if the idea is that we buy 2 starters for big money from put 150 million pounds budget and then we need to sell to cover our squad positions, then surely it is a case of going big on an Osimhen and Tchouameni.

Then you sell Pepe, AMN, Torreira, Guendouzi, Nelson and Leno and buy the squad players.
Totally agree! We always need someone like Kanté or Camavinga. and now Tchouameni has a similar profile. We need him

Goonger

My concern on going big on Osimhen, is if it impacts us from signing a 2nd forward, especially if we let Pepe go.

If budget does become an issue, perhaps going for a combination like Tammy & Jesus would be a better use of resources.

In terms of Tchouameni, I'd certainly go for it if Xhaka stays so the pressure isn't all on a 20 year old from ligue 1 starting & performing like a star straight away, and so we have some experience left in the squad. But agree the lad has star potential!

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Totally agree! We always need someone like Kanté or Camavinga. and now Tchouameni has a similar profile. We need him
To me 150 million on Osimhen and Tchouameni is worth it, but it depends on how you build your squad.

The plan has gone in. I am so intrigued to see what it is.

Is it a big man like Osimhen or Abraham + a wide forward like Diaby with Martinelli as back up CF?
Is it a Jesus or Lautauro type CF with a wide forward who can play CF like a Gakpo
Is it a Jesus + a big man and no wide forward because Jesus can play there.
Is it Jesus + a small wide forward like Diaby and we are just going to go full Liverpool and no big man?

Either way, I want Arteta to have the final say. I don't trust what Edu has done so far.

Emerson Royal was the Edu preference. He is absolutely shocking. Edu also wanted Neto. So if Edu is pushing for Jesus and Arteta says no I want Abraham, Osimhen or Nunez. Then I am going with Arteta.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
My concern on going big on Osimhen, is if it impacts us from signing a 2nd forward, especially if we let Pepe go.

If budget does become an issue, perhaps going for a combination like Tammy & Jesus would be a better use of resources.

In terms of Tchouameni, I'd certainly go for it if Xhaka stays so the pressure isn't all on a 20 year old from ligue 1 starting & performing like a star straight away, and so we have some experience left in the squad. But agree the lad has star potential!
I dont think the money is an issue. We probably have around the same to spend. We have about 90 million in sales also.

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction
To me 150 million on Osimhen and Tchouameni is worth it, but it depends on how you build your squad.

Is it a big man like Osimhen or Abraham + a wide forward like Diaby with Martinelli as back up CF?
Is it a Jesus or Lautauro type CF with a wide forward who can play CF like a Gakpo
Is it Jesus + a small wide forward like Diaby and we are just going to go full Liverpool and no big man?

Either way, I want Arteta to have the final say. I don't trust what Edu has done so far.

Emerson Royal was the Edu preference. He is absolutely shocking. Edu also wanted Neto. So if Edu is pushing for Jesus and Arteta says no I want Abraham, Osimhen or Nunez. Then I am going with Arteta.
Arteta is the person who build the squad not Edu. For sure, we have to go with Arteta. Arteta wanted Tomi instead of Emerson Royal, and he proved his reason. And I don't trust Edu.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Sinisterra - 20M
Wijndal - 10M
Brereton-Diaz - Free
Tchouameni - 40M
Frenkie - 50M
Jesus - 30M

Lovely Stuff

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Sinisterra - 20M (too small to impose himself in midfield)
Wijndal - 10M (not sure if he's better than Hickey)
Brereton-Diaz - Free (no comment)
Tchouameni - 40M (will cost a lot more than 40M)
Frenkie - 50M (most likely will end up following ten Hag to United)
Jesus - 30M (City will want a bit more for him if he ends the season well)

Lovely Stuff

benjamin86

Established Member
Never heard of him until links to barca in Jan.. What kind of player is he?
Championship forward that's scored 1 goal since January.

I don't watch Blackburn but i'd be wary of him just having a **** hot 6months (start of season until December he scored 20 goals) a bit like Papiss Cisse had for Newcastle a few years ago.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill

Yeah Edu just wants to do all his Brazilian buddies favours. He’s a muppet.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Out
Leno (10m), Mavropanos (3m), Torreira (13m), AMN (7m), Guendouzi (9m), Bellerin (4m), Mari (3m), Nelson (8m), Cedric (loan), Pepe (loan), Lacazette (free), Nketiah (free), Elneny (free), Okonkwo (loan), Hutchinson (loan), Balogun (loan), Flores (loan), Taylor-Hart (loan), Norton-Cuffy (loan), Azeez (loan)

+£57m

In
Aaron Hickey (20m)
Saliba (return)
Tielemans (25m)
Enzo Fernandez (15m)
Asensio Loan +option
Nkunku (55m)
Lautaro (70m)

Net spend: £128m

G> Ramsdale, Turner, Hein
D> Tomiyasu, Hickey, White, Gabriel, Saliba, Holding, Tierney, Tavares
M> Partey, Xhaka, Tielemans, Ødegaard, Smith Rowe, Patino, Fernandez, Lokonga
W> Saka, Martinelli, Asensio
F> Lautaro, Nkunku, Biereth

…………….Ramsdale
Tomiyasu..White…Gabriel…Tierney
……………….Partey
…….Ødegaard…..Tielemans
Saka……….Lautaro……….Nkunku

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Raid Brighton for Bissouma & Cucurella. The former's in his last year of contract which precludes Brighton from demanding a high fee whilst the latter is attainable for £20+ million.

Add Jesus, Osimehn and Aarons from Norwich & we should be in business.

Attackers
Tammy Ibrahim - we need a tall player to offer us options in tougher games which we have missed
Gabriel Jesus - also provides us coverage across whole forward line

Midfielders
Frenkie De jong - World class
or
Teilemans as back up

Defenders
Saliba - Coming home
Max Aarons
Aaron Hickey

GK
Turner - Coming

Sorry to continue above post
Team in no particular playing order as would be based on the best form

GK | Ramsdale | Turner | Okonkwo
RB | Tomiyasu | Aarons
CB | Gabriel | White | Saliba | Holding
LB | Tierney | Hickey
CM | Partey | De Jong | Xhaka | Elneny | Lokonga
AM | Oodegard | Smith Rowe
WING | Gabriel | Saka | Jesus | Nelson
ST | Abraham | Nketiah | Baloguan

25 squad
13 Home Grown

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Sorry to continue above post
Team in no particular playing order as would be based on the best form

GK | Ramsdale | Turner | Okonkwo
RB | Tomiyasu | Aarons
CB | Gabriel | White | Saliba | Holding
LB | Tierney | Hickey
CM | Partey | De Jong | Xhaka | Elneny | Lokonga
AM | Oodegard | Smith Rowe
WING | Gabriel | Saka | Jesus | Nelson
ST | Abraham | Nketiah | Baloguan

25 squad
13 Home Grown
Gabriel, Abraham, Jesus, Moses on the wings.

were-putting-the-band-back-together-were-getting-back-together.gif

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury

Latest posts

Top Bottom