• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

outlaw_member

Established Member
Flamini had a history for walking out on clubs. He did the same thing to Marseille, so I would be skeptic suggesting that he left because, he was somehow let down by Arsenal.

Timleaf

Established Member
As soon as he was dropped in favour of Cole, who 5 months previous had beeb caught talking to chelsea, for the CL final he was likely to view his time at Arsenal as nothing more than a staging ground for the rest of his career.

qs

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
I love it how Hleb is a c**t, but people would have Flamini back.

Well you see Hleb met illegally with other clubs and forced his transfer out of the club. He shoed disrespect to Wenger, hsi team mates and most of all Arsenal as a club. The only difference between Hleb and Cashley is that Hleb isn't local and wasn't raised here.

Flamini went about his move to Milan in a professional, legal and respectful manner.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
yeah, TBF, Flamini didn't do anything "wrong" per se, other than leave the club.. (still sucks that he left, but what can we do at this point)

outlaw_member

Established Member
qs said:
outlaw_member said:

Well you see Hleb met illegally with other clubs and forced his transfer out of the club. He shoed disrespect to Wenger, hsi team mates and most of all Arsenal as a club. The only difference between Hleb and Cashley is that Hleb isn't local and wasn't raised here.

Flamini went about his move to Milan in a professional, legal and respectful manner.

Or, you can look it this way. Despite acting like a ****, Hleb fully compensated the club with 12 million. Flamini, on the other hand left us without a single penny. Now, I know which one I would prefer.

Flamini also left Marseille emptyhanded, so there was certainly no respect involved, in the manner that he left us. A person who goes against their word is a ****(Flamini stating that he will sign a new contract), especially if they don't allow their previous owners to make any money on their departure.

They're both as bad as each other.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
outlaw_member said:
qs said:
outlaw_member said:

Or, you can look it this way. Despite acting like a c**t, Hleb fully compensated the club with 12 million. Flamini, on the other hand left us without a single penny. Now, I know which one I would prefer.

Flamini also left Marseille emptyhanded, so there was certainly no respect involved, in the manner that he left us. A person who goes against their word is a c**t(Flamini stating that he will sign a new contract), especially if they don't allow their previous owners to make any money on their departure.

They're both as bad as each other.
or you can think of it like this:

Flamini cost us nothing and left for nothing

Hleb cost us money and left for money

either way, both went the way they came... the only difference being Hleb engineered his own move behind our backs when he wasnt "allowed" to.. and Flamini didnt say he would sign a new contract, he said he would LIKE to sign a new contract... but when Milan comes in with a better contract (and after all, it is AC Milan), what do you do? he has Italian heritage too...

either way, the way Hleb went about forcing a transfer is worse than Flams' way of doing it..

outlaw_member

Established Member
Aaaah, but Flamini did cost money. We paid his wages, whilst spending time and effort trying to turn him into a quality player. Yet, what did we have to show for it? Nada.

The same applies to Hleb aswell, but atleast we got compensated for him.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
Aaaah, but Flamini did cost money. We paid his wages, whilst spending time and effort trying to turn him into a quality player. Yet, what did we have to show for it? Nada.

The same applies to Hleb aswell, but atleast we got compensated for him.
Then again, Hleb went for about the same money he costed. Flamini came here as a Bosman.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Yeah, but that's provided we don't lose anyone. I don't know, but it seems inevitable that Adebayor will leave in the summer. Although, if Eduardo shows no ill effects, than it wouldn't hurt the team much.

ricky1985

Established Member
So who would you guys sign in the summer? It's certain we need a top class partner for Fabregas, and perhaps a top notch centreback to partner Djourou long-term, and Gallas in the short-term.

Maybe signing Arshavin will improve our football, and make us a more attractive proposition for potential players come the summer.

Ideally I'd love to see Chiellini, and Toulalan come in, but that's not going to happen, so I'd settle for maybe Lescott and Yaya Toure.

Who would you guys realistically like to see come in?

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
I think we'll sign a central midfielder somewhere between 23 and 25 years old. We're probably after a young developable centreback too, slightly older than the ones we've got in the reserve team (I'm hoping for Diakite). And a new reserve keeper. We've been rumoured to be interested in Wolves' Wayne Hennessey for a long time now. He'd be a great signing. Would even challenge Fabianski a bit perhaps.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Lescott is a good shout, Ricky. He could be the aggressive partner to Djourou, but he'd probably cost too much.

Also, you need to get off Yaya's case, mate. There's more chance of Toulalan arriving, than him. :wink:

Silvestre should be sold, whilst Gibbs is promoted.

Senderos and Toure(Unless he improves) should also be sold, with either Lescott or Agger, as the replacement.

A Central Midfielder is also a necessety.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Providing either Touré or Gallas leaves I think we'll do best to keep Silvestre for another season. He's an okay fourth choice. I don't think Senderos would be happy with being that far down the pecking order (it was most likely one of the main reasons for him leaving to begin with) and I prefer Tweety to any of the reserve players.

raidersoftheark

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
I think we'll sign a central midfielder somewhere between 23 and 25 years old. We're probably after a young developable centreback too, slightly older than the ones we've got in the reserve team (I'm hoping for Diakite). And a new reserve keeper. We've been rumoured to be interested in Wolves' Wayne Hennessey for a long time now. He'd be a great signing. Would even challenge Fabianski a bit perhaps.

Liverpool still haven't solved the problem with Agger's contract. I'd love it for Wenger to put in a cheeky 7-10 million bid. Agger isn't too happy with the situation there either, and I think he'd walk into our defensive lineup, to be fair. I think you might be suggesting a player like Sakho (who we've been linked to), and I'd take him provided we don't lose any of our centrebacks (and I can't help but feel that we will).

As for a DM, I can dig a 23-35 year old, young continental with a couple of international caps.

Dunno anything about Hennessey, but I'd like Wenger to make up his mind regarding Fabianski. If the Pole is to become our future number 1, I'd loan him or something. He's not going to learn anything sitting on the bench.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Yep. Signing Hennessey would likely result in Fabianski being loaned out for a season which would do him a world of good.

I can't help but feel that people are slightly overrating Agger though. Don't get me wrong, I do rate him. I've seen him play since he first came through in Bröndby in the danish Superliga. He's a very good defender, but not _that_ good. I think Viking will agree with me on this. He'd be an excellent third choice here. But then again, being third choice is exactly why he wants to leave Liverpool to begin with.

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom