• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Anzac

Established Member
Zico said:
Who is paying big money for players?
United, Chelsea, Madrid, Inter, Bayern and Barca are the only teams that can really afford 20m+ superstars. They will not pay money for crap.

The only club paying big money for scrubs is Citeh. Are we to assume that they will take all those players from us? They will probably have to replace Touré and maybe even Adebayor now that they are going to be in the Champions League.

Big players will continue to be expensive. Everything else will be bought at a bargain. We are losing the middle market due to the recession and bad football finances.

This. We saw this happening the last 2 windows re the list of clubs spending - everything was based upon the revenue movement they generated.

Floating

Established Member
Zico said:
United, Chelsea, Madrid, Inter, Bayern and Barca are the only teams that can really afford 20m+ superstars. They will not pay money for crap.

Berbatov? Anderson? Huntelaar? Mario Gomez? :wink:

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Sunderland? Lyon? Villa?

Most clubs will pay reasonable fee for good continental players

Accomplished

Established Member
no selling of diaby. What nonsense. The guy just begins to show that he can be a hugely important part of our midfield, then has a few bad games, and suddenly he needs to be shipped out? Comedy.

If we sell him, we'll regret it. He'll be a much better player in a few years time. He just shouldn't be starting right now, we should have someone more senior ahead of him. If he was a squad player, you wouldn't even consider selling him because of the potential he is showing.

A bit like Nani really, just beginning to come good...

Zico

Established Member
Hehehe. Wishlist. 1st name strech, 2nd name attainable. Sterling price in brackets

GK
- Sebastian Frey (7)
- Gordon (7)

DF
- Giorgio Chiellini (20)
- Simon Kjaer / Andrea Ranocchia (15)

MF
- Daniele de Rossi (25)
- Marek Hamsik (15)

FW
- Kareem Benzema (25)
- Eden Hazard. (18)

Good players are not cheap.

Floating

Established Member

• Goalkeeper [Frey, Neuer, Akinfeev]

CB/DM [Vertonghen, Zapata, Ranocchia, Chiellini, Fazio, Cetin, Lugano]

Chamakh

Arsenal 2010 - 2011

- - - - - - - - - - - - Frey - - - - - - - - - - -
Sagna - Chiellini - Vermaelen - Clichy
- - - - - - - - - - - Song - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - Fabregas - Diaby - - - - - - -
Chamakh - - - - - - - - - - - - - Arshavin
- - - - - - - - - - van Persie - - - - - - - - -

Bench: Fabianski, Campbell/Gallas, Djourou, Eboue, Nasri, Walcott, Bendtner

We just need a few changes. That's it.

number_0

Established Member
I still feel that third midfielder spot next to cesc and song is vacant, don't get me wrong I rate diaby and denilson, but I dont think they are arsenal starting material, atleast their position is still expandable.

raidersoftheark

Established Member
Chiellini is a left sided defender as is Vermaelen. The reason we went for a lefty in the first place so that we could have two CBs in their natural positions. I don't think Arsène will want to **** that up by having 2 CBs once again who play with the same foot.

Zico

Established Member
a lot of teams have two right-footed central defenders, or even two right-footed strikers, and it doesn't seem to hurt them

Lespin

A goalkeeper, don't know who because i'm not that good at rating goalkeepers.
Hangeland + Fernando (defensive ' midfielder who plays at Porto) and maybe a full back with some height because both our full backs are vulnerable targets in the air.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Mohamed Diamé. I think he was great today. If I'm not mistaken we were linked to him last spring, while he still was playing for Rayo Vallecano in the Segunda Division. He'd be a quality backup to Song to have around. For a decent price I'd sign him up immediately.

Lord Dula

Established Member
Work on the spine. I feel the most important factor our additions should have should be nous and cunningness. We have enough Olympian anti mensa types

kamikaze80

Established Member
agree dules, we need brains. part of the difference between us and united is they have intelligent team players like park, while we have idiotic joke merchants like eboue/diaby/rosicky.

out: gallas, walcott, eduardo, vela, simpson, mannone, fabianski, merida, barazite, silvestre, randall, lansbury

in: GK, hangeland/kjaer, a CM who can defend, chamakh, hazard (if he's a penetrative, creative, goal-scoring world class or soon to be world class wide mid/wing forward in the mould of reyes before he turned into a *****)

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
Not quite kami; I wouldn't go selling those youngsters. Worth keeping them around for numbers for a while yet, they'll only appreciate in value.

kamikaze80

Established Member
i'm not sure they will. they've already graduated from the reserves and are nowhere near good enough to play for us. we've already sent them out on loan. i think we'll get whatever we can get for them and usher in the next generation of reserves and hope we can find a gem or two there.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
Well, Lansbury is the England U19 captain. Give him a season or two on loan at a PL club and if by then he's not good enough for a squad role, we can sell him to any number of little englander teams who will be wetting themselves to get the next Jermaine Jenas (that's if he doesn't make it here, otherwise he's the next Gerrard :p).

Simpson and Barazite could do with another loan too.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom