• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Anzac

Established Member
truth_hurts said:
Anzac said:
Sorry buddy that midfield in your 1st team won't work. Diaby isn't disciplined enough to play a deeper role (Cesc usually ends up swapping with him), & the quality of ball from the CMs wold be poor & too slow to Cesc.

I would expect Diaby to play a box to box and Cesc would drop into the spaces to recieve the ball so in a lot of ways it wouldn't be too disimilar to the midfield 3 we use now. Diaby would have to pick and choose his runs forward much better though.

The you'd be better off playing a 433/451 as opposed to a 4231 - the point of 2 holding mids is to provide a platform for your front 4 to run amok.

The formation was born to accomodate Zidane as playmaker in the hole with 2 DM types behind him to cover his lack of defensive duties/capabilities.

Zico

Established Member
I like the Milos Krasic rumor. Bring him in to stretch teams on the right. He is dynamite. Blows past players like they're scarecrows.

Zico

Established Member
I've seen him linked to Juve. Juve are in the business of ruining players. Just look at Melo, Diego, Amauri and Giovinco. If he knows what's good for him, he'll come to the Arse. He is the type of guy we need to make defenses break down. He's stronger than Arshavin, so can be more dangerous on the wing in England, plus he has a killer cross.

Floating

Established Member
Zico said:
I like the Milos Krasic rumor. Bring him in to stretch teams on the right. He is dynamite. Blows past players like they're scarecrows.

I really like Krasic too, he'd do very well for us.

Zico

Established Member
If you fielded

---------- van Persie -------------

Arshavin -- Cole/Fabregas -- Klasic

our attack would be dynamite. Chamakh, Vela, Nasri and Bendnter respectively would come off the bench for the above.

dbig

Almunia for Barcelona/Real Madrid, Fabianski for M United/Chelsea or any other team in the PL. :whistling

Would be a decent summer.

ivansen

I had a dream last night. A dream in which my father told me who we're buying as a goalkeeper this summer.

It was Carlos Kameni, or as my father put it the bloke from espanyol.

If this turns out to happen I'm going full on religious, and I expect you lot to call me your holiness.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
if your dream comes true, and we sign Kameni, i think the opposite will happen (you might be hunted down and tortured because Kameni is largely sh*t)

ivansen

Yeah maybe.

I admit I've never seen much of him. Have no idea why my mind would suggest him at all. I think I might have had him in goal on an fm 4 or 5 years ago, but I've had scores of keepers since.

Also, curiously, I had to check who was the "bloke in goal for espanyol", as I couldn't remember. I imagined it being a young spanish keeper a la Lopez or de gea, but turned out I was wrong.

arsenallegends

Established Member
That CB, Cole, Chamakh, Melo/Krasnic and Schwarzer would give us the depth we need to have a real successful season. Two CB purchases would be stellar but I think Wenger sees Campbell as Silvestre's replacement, Djourou as Senderos' replacement and a new CB as Gallas' replacement.

The squad would be a little big should we address all our issues, so I wish we replace as well as add.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
dont know if he can make the step up TBH.. love the fact that he's a Yank and all, but my preference would be for someone better

(only judging on USNT apps)

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
I just want a decent goalkeeper, Laurent Koscielny and Sol Campbell on a new contract. And I want us to keep everyone bar one of the current keepers, who should be moved on for squad quota purposes. I don't think I'm being unreasonable or unrealistic here.

Joe Cole on a free transfer would be a nice bonus (even if he might command high wages) but it would be just that - a bonus.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
What would you like to see the club do, Klaus, in the event of Fabregas' departure?
I have no idea. I'm not really thinking along those lines because I'm convinced he'll stay. I'd like us to shift the focus in the team, perhaps. Make the attack the creative outlet in the team and have three hard-pressing and quick-passing central players in midfield.

I think we'll end up with a lesser team next season any way we try to go about our business if Cesc leaves, though. Everybody would know that we've got a lot of money to spend and prices would be inflated. A typical club with a player valued at £20 million wouldn't let him go for that sum anymore. I don't think the money would be enough to go out and get even three proven top signings (and that's assuming that all of it would be paid up front, which it most likely wouldn't).

Hence I'm very happy that the club told Barcelona to **** off. I don't think we can afford to lose him within the next few years.

Floating

Established Member
Klaus, do you really think that Vermaelen, Koscielny, Djourou and Campbell can play 60 games at the highest level? I feel like that would be our weakest set of CB's under Wenger, by some distance.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Well, people who would be happy with signing Gary Cahill should definitely be happy with Koscielny too, I can say that much. I don't really know, though. I think it's a greatly improved lineup from last year (which I felt was an improvement upon the season before that). It's dependent on Koscielny hitting the ground running, but it's the same for every centreback we'd sign to replace Gallas.

I really don't think it's gonna be that hard to improve the defence from last season. I reckon a lot of it will correct itself with a more experienced midfield and a healthy attack.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
well, we'd also have the option of Bartley and Nordveit..

LOL, sorry, even I couldn't keep a straight face with that one..

we need minimum 2 CB's this summer.. we are losing no less than 3 (as many as 4)

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom