• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Nah, we're two signings away from a strong first XI only. We'd need four top signings to make a good enough squad to compete.

Could be done with the current wage structure, but we'd need to ship minimum 5 players off to allow for three to four to come in.

outlaw_member

Established Member
---------van Persie-------
--------------------Suarez-----Robben
Kagawa------------------------------
----------Arteta----M'Vila
Santos--------------------------Sagna
---------Vermaelen-Koscielny
-------------Szczesny

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
DJ_Markstar said:
Nah, we're two signings away from a strong first XI only. We'd need four top signings to make a good enough squad to compete.

Could be done with the current wage structure, but we'd need to ship minimum 5 players off to allow for three to four to come in.

Sounds about right. Its very do-able imo, lets just hope the club have the ambition and Wenger is ruthless enough with the flops.

fabo

6.51 / 10
I don't think it will happen though.

I'm looking at areas of the team that need improving, and there are decent numbers in most areas without even considering duds returning from loan spells. I think we need to shift a number of the current squad + loan players(I would get rid of Denilson, Bendtner, Mannone, Lansbury, Arshavin, Vela).

Take the midfield as an example - Song/Coquelin/Frimpong
+ Arteta/Wilshere + Ramsey/Diaby/Rosicky. I don't see how we can add someone there without a player leaving - the obvious one is Diaby but we all know he'll still be here.

Anzac

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
---------van Persie-------
--------------------Suarez-----Robben
Kagawa------------------------------
----------Arteta----M'Vila
Santos--------------------------Sagna
---------Vermaelen-Koscielny
-------------Szczesny

Kagawa has excelled as AMC/SS,
why would you want to play him on the flanks = you've been watching too much of AW re Pires, Freddy, Rosicky, AA & Nasri.

Anzac

Established Member
fabo said:
I don't think it will happen though.

I'm looking at areas of the team that need improving, and there are decent numbers in most areas without even considering duds returning from loan spells. I think we need to shift a number of the current squad + loan players(I would get rid of Denilson, Bendtner, Mannone, Lansbury, Arshavin, Vela).

Take the midfield as an example - Song/Coquelin/Frimpong
+ Arteta/Wilshere + Ramsey/Diaby/Rosicky. I don't see how we can add someone there without a player leaving - the obvious one is Diaby but we all know he'll still be here.

Keep Lansbury to offset the loss of 4 HG players in Denilson, Bendtner, Mannone & Vela.
Sell Diaby.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
My ideal summer:

Out - Almunia, Mannone, Squillaci, Denilson, Diaby, Benayoun, Arshavin, Vela, Bendtner, Chamakh and Park.

In - M'Vila type, AM who can play wide, Podolski and a striker who offers something different.

Have a feeling Fabo will be right though and Diaby will be kept which means we'll only see 1 CM if we're lucky.

I think in Podolski Gervinho and Ryo we have plenty of pace and directness in the wide areas, i'd consider cashing in on Theo and bringing in another player alongside Chambo who has the technical ability to play wide or in midfield.

Anzac

Established Member
fabo said:
And sign no midfielders?

:lol:
Depending on what shape & roles we play = take your pick from the likes of Biglia, Honda, Kagawa, Martin, Gourcuff, Hamsik, Lavezzi, Inler, Vidal, Martinez, Munian, Goetze, Hazard.
:wink:

mo50

Established Member
I'm going to let my inner muppet take over for a moment.

Hazard---RvP----Chamberlain
------Wilshere---------
----Kagawa---Song

Gibbs---Vermaelen--Koscielny---Sagna
----------Szczesny-----------

With Podolski, Walcott, Gervinho, Ramsey, Arteta, Rosicky, Mertesacker, Santos and Coquelin all providing stiff competition for places. We'd have a nice blend of youthful vibe and experience, along with a good level of depth. Injuries permitting we'd be challenging for the title.

Obviously it would require in excess of 60m to be spent, which is why it will never happen.

mo50

Established Member
My mistake. I can't edit it on my phone but Wilshere is supposed to be the deeper of the two. Mind you I do believe Jack will turn out to be a great AM.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Ah okay.

Not convinced that Jack will end up as an AM but we'll see.
Kagawa in front of Jack/Song is definitely something I'd be curious to see, though.
Kagawa's work rate and technique are insane.

Bossa

Established Member
So how much can we get for Bendter, Vela, Arshavin, Denilson, Park, Chamakh and Squillaci? Surely at least 30min?

Floating

Established Member
Bossa said:
So how much can we get for Bendter, Vela, Arshavin, Denilson, Park, Chamakh and Squillaci? Surely at least 30min?

Probably not much — it's more about the wages we'll be saving by not paying players that have been contributing nothing.

AFC-Phil

Established Member
Szczesny
Abate Koscielny Vermaelen Santos
Cesc Mascherano Wilshere
Robben Van Persie Podolski

Schwarzer
Sagna Mertesacker Bartley Gibbs
Arteta Song Rosicky
Walcott Berbatov Chamberlain

:D

Arsenal Quotes