• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Flow

I think Kagawa will leave Dortmund. Keep in mind they already bought Reus and Goetze just signed a new contract.

Proof

Established Member
Van Persie, Podolski, Giroud v Van Persie, Chamakh, Park.

Even of I can't see Wenger buying another striker, what an improvement would be if we'll manage to sell both Chamakh and Park and buy Giroud and Podolski. We would have the best strikers department in the country.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Would try and stay way from these Ligue 1 goalscorers tbh. Seems like Giroud would be overpriced aswell.

Floating

Established Member
fabo said:
Would try and stay way from these Ligue 1 goalscorers tbh. Seems like Giroud would be overpriced aswell.

While the likes of Chamakh and Gignac have been flops, there have also been some phenomenal goalscorers from Ligue 1. Henry, Drogba, Benzema, etc, have all proved their quality in bigger leagues.

Vela

Established Member
Giroud's release clause is €10m but if Montpellier qualify for the Champions League it increases.

fabo

6.51 / 10
He's no Benzema anyway, that's for sure.

Let's just say I'm sceptical about most 'top' players currently in Ligue 1. Hopefully the 10m on Gervinho proves to be money well-spent in time.

Vela

Established Member
If van Persie stays and we do sign Podolski, their is no chance we will sign Giroud anyway. Podolski is going to play out wide and when van Persie doesn't play Podolski will play as the striker. Giroud would never get enough playing time.

Still think Joel Campbell will need another loan move next season. Next step for Afobe will be a season long-loan at a Championship side or Premiership one maybe Bolton.

Park, Chamakh, Vela and Bendnter all expected to leave in the summer. We might need another striker.

Floating

Established Member
Vela said:
Still think Joel Campbell will need another loan move next season. Next step for Afobe will be a season long-loan at a Championship side or Premiership one maybe Bolton.

Absolutely. They're nowhere near ready yet.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Think we'd be a bit short if we sold all of those players and just bought Podolski tbh. I can see Podolski filling in at CF when need be but I'm not sure he can do it effectively.

I wouldn't consider Campbell or Afobe either.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Vela said:

I'd love it, just love it if we started a relationship with Bolton and perhaps another club where they take one of our youngsters every year to develop, without fail, rather than shipping them off all around the country.

There are benefits for both clubs.

It saves the loanee club a slot in the starting XI knowing a raw but quality player will be coming in on low wages every season, and means we can trust the club to develop our young players to our specifications.

win win.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Vela said:
It's finding a player who would accept being the third choice striker.

Or second choice if we want to keep Podolski in a supporting role from the left. Podolski could then be 3rd choice CF in emergencies.

I'm doubtful about Podolski playing central with his back to goal as a lone forward and 2 big centre-halves behind him. There's a chance he could do it too, just guessing at this point.

spartandre217

Established Member
Bolton are a bit of that when it comes to taking on London youngsters and it seems we have a rather good relationship with Coyle and the people over there. In all likelihood that'll continue

Sean88888

Of all the CAMs we were linked to which one do you guys prefer? Hazard, Goetze, Marvin Martin, Kagawa etc?

I personally think that Hazard and Goetze are too expensive for Wenger and I doubt Martin's ability to make an immediate impact in the EPL so Kagawa seems to be the feasible option. Not that we are linked with him atm.

mo50

Established Member
Kagawa would be my favourite due to price/availability, although I hope we go all out for Hazard/Goetze. An attack built around Wilshere, Chamberlain and one of Hazard/Goetze is the stuff of dreams. Hopefully Ramsey will also go on to fulfill his potential and be part of a nucleus that wins title after title.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Reckon we could get Hazard or Götze if we really wanted, reckon both would come here too.

I don't think we can afford to buy a player in the AM role that is simply good like Kagawa, we need to break the bank for a soon to be world class player there. Would prefer Hazard as it keeps alive the dream of a Fabregas return. Also, Hazard is more than capable on the wing - a genuine classy attacker for a number of positions, much like OX could be too.

Also, wonder if Lille would accept Park + Gerboue + cash for Hazard? Might knock his price down and they'd get two players effective at their level.

Sean88888

I would be ecstatic if that deal for Hazard goes through. Also, Kagawa is more than "simply good" tbf. Plus it's not like he's even a finished product yet.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Semantics. The point is that both Hazard and Götze have higher ceilings than Kagawa, as good as he is.

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown

Latest posts

Top Bottom