• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
qs said:
Pea-Tear-Griffin said:
I would like Balzaretti. I thought he was good at the Euro's and left back is still weak.

Don't like him. He's too fond of the dark arts, spent half the euros diving when he was in trouble. Eventually in England the refs wont give you a couple of them and you'll be punished.

rooneyPA0904_468x514.jpg

Pea-Tear-Griffin

iced22 said:
Like Bender, but I think he's too similar to Song, Frimpong, Coquelin, etc. We need someone with enough passing ability to be able to cover both Arteta and Song, hence why M'Vila is perfect.

I would like Bender because he is reliable as he has played well at international level when called upon, and is perhaps better defensively, while offering a threat going forward, which M'Villa doesn't.

I would also perhaps like a switch to the diamond formation that Chelsea used, especially if Walcott goes. This would also mean that with Bender, an attacking midfielder and another forward we would be set for the season.
Szczesny
Sagna. Koscielny. Vermaelen. Gibbs
Bender
Song. Wilshere
Ganso(used because he is currently linked)
Podolski. Giroud
Arteta would be able to rotate with everyone and someone like Jovetic could fill the front 3 positions. Gibbs would also not be needed to be as good defensively as he may be perhaps now, but would need to supply width to our attacks.
Chamberlain may also be able to rotate in his preferred midfield position.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Thanks for the list.

My '12 summer wish list version 97.0.1.beta

Armor for Sleep said:
GK: Szczesny, Fabianski, Martinez
RB: Sagna, Jenkinson
CB: Koscielny, Mertesacker
CB: Vermaelen, Djourou, Bartley
LB: Gibbs, Santos
CM: Song, Coquelin
CM: Arteta, Wilshere, Koke
AM: Rosicky, Ramsey, Diaby
RW: Walcott, Chamberlain
LW: Dempsey, Gervinho
ST: Podolski, Giroud, Niang

I hope there will be a major upgrade greater than this.

qs

Established Member
jones said:
qs said:
Pea-Tear-Griffin said:
I would like Balzaretti. I thought he was good at the Euro's and left back is still weak.

Don't like him. He's too fond of the dark arts, spent half the euros diving when he was in trouble. Eventually in England the refs wont give you a couple of them and you'll be punished.

rooneyPA0904_468x514.jpg

Yeah but Balzaretti lacks that magic passport that makes diving and racially abusing people acceptable.

Kanonier

We need a solid backup for GK and I think that Esteban Alvarado, starting keeper for AZ Alkmaar, would be an excellent signing for Arsenal. He is currently rated as the best goalkeeper in the Netherlands, he won the Golden Glove award in the 2009 FIFA U20 World Cup in Egypt, he is only 23 years old and stands at 6'4". He is most famous for that incident where an Ajax fan invaded the pitch to attack him and he defended himself by attacking back with some ferocious kicks. This kid is extremely talented, a great leader on the pitch, and his physique is impressive.

He is currently being pursued by Udinense for a very low fee of £4 Million, which is within our striking range.

esteban+alvarado+brown+$28az$29.jpg

Yaya

Established Member
Isco and Cazorla been transfer listed by Malaga. We should make a move for the two of them imo.

edit:On a second thought, scrap getting two, we might not be able to afford it.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Isco we could definitely afford, and I would kill to have him here. Same goes for Cazorla, he's probably the top earner at Malaga but still nowhere City wages.

Do you have some actual sources by the way?

Yaya

Established Member
jones said:
Isco we could definitely afford, and I would kill to have him here. Same goes for Cazorla, he's probably the top earner at Malaga but still nowhere City wages.
Was referring to signing both of them at the same time.
jones said:
Do you have some actual sources by the way?
http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20120715/real-madrid/real-madrid-cazorla-isco-malaga-fichajes_54324611182.html

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Gracias.

Think even if we signed both we wouldn't have a problem paying it, Arshavin's wages would go to Santi, while Isco would get Almunia's. As for the transfer fee.. think there's still something left from Nasri, Cesc, Adebayor, Clichy, Touré, possibly RVP and so on..

leo_ense

Established Member
Cazorla would cost between 15-20mill, well within our range. Isco of course comes at a cheaper price. Both players would be amazing to have here.

kalleTheMan

Established Member
WTF I thought Malaga were loaded... I'd love to sign Cazorla though, he was brilliant last season and could play both CAM and out wide. Isco looks a good talent, not sure he's suited to PL though.

Kanonier

We should use Niklas Bendtner as bait in a cash plus player deal with Malaga for Isco, since they showed interested in him after the Euro. I think that Isco would be a killer signing, as he is the future AM for Spain and he would improve our squad tenfold and he would link up nicely with Mikel Arteta in midfield.

Walcott--Isco--Podolski

-------Giroud----------

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

iced22

Isco I don't know much about, only see a couple Youtubes of him. Just from those, it seems like he's a good dribbler who's end product is still coming along. Not surprising considering this is his first full season, he does look as if he'll figure it out eventually.

He'll probably cost a fortune though. Malaga's sugar daddies are pretty big on player development, and Isco is their crown jewel.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Isco is a huge talent, reminds me somewhat of Wilshere but with more end product, and he's actually even younger than Jack. Don't think he'll leave Malaga anytime soon though, he's just left Valencia last season to return to his hometown and boyhood club, think he'll only move if Real or Barca came for him.

leo_ense

Established Member
-------Chamberlain----Giroud/Podolski----Cazorla-------
---------------Wilshere---------------------Song---------------
---------------------------------M'vila-----------------------------
-----Gibbs-----Vermaelen------Koscielny----Sagna-----
-----------------------------Szczesny---------------------------

Mertesacker, Santos, Arteta, Roicky, Gervinho, Niang, Bartley, Coquelin, Diaby, Ramsey, Isco, Djourou, 2nd gk, Martinez, Miyaichi.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Floating said:
Is Cazorla more of a winger or a David Silva type — who would you compare him to? Haven't seen much of him.

Definitely more of a Silva type wideplayer than a winger which is exactly the type of player i'd like us to sign. He'd start easily for us and as an added bonus he's lethal from set-pieces.

This would be a terrific signing, hopefully Wenger is still interested.

Arsenal Quotes

I didnt score as many as I hoped, but it was nice that I always scored against Tottenham

Charlie Nicholas
Top Bottom